NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Dave Bailey - my quickest UK customer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 pm 
Wizard

Well done Dave really please for ya and looking forward to your 1st win of 2010 looks like ya getting there at last , sorry could not make it to track kids all weekend and even on farthers day i dont get to do as i want so looks like no pod for me :-(

Have a great day tommoro

fingers cross

Tezz

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:41 pm 
Pro Mod

I understand totaly..My 02 statements were ment to correct where everyone is thinking but to change said set up wasnt at all my intentions..rather to show why and how. Like the fuel to point out the downsides of that and over ocatane a cyl can also cause issues....once again as you said trev it was to better everyone...and as i stated in most posts pointing out what i see that could or can cause problems...
Me coming here was to not tell someone how to run a bike but rather a fresh set of eyes and looking from the outside in....Its all good...

Can i ask the million dollar question then...with out the wheelie bar how do you adjust for tracking on a bike other then squaring and shimming the rear rim and sprocket to offset the tourqe ? :cheers: :yes:

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:45 pm 
Wizard

Thats sounds like progress :)

I'll try to find Dave tomorrow. I'm popping in for a cuppa with Ron's team, and the Fatboys :)

I'll also try to find Steve as well...

I still cant get my head around a bloke who wants to run 7 seconds on two wheels with only a bit of leather between his skin and the tarmac :shock:

Big up to the Biker Boys of WON :yes:

Balls of Steel springs to mind. No way would I get my fat ass that close to the tarmac. I like to have some steel around me :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:02 am 
Pro Mod

Hey Perry your wrong Brother they wanna run low 6's...there just in the 7's for now....If you havent heard a neighbor here in the city i live is Ray Price who is one of the OG's of Top Fuel Harleys....trully a pinoner...his shop has alot of neat shit...like a piece of scrap paper that he designed the 1st of its kind racing transmission for those bikes...alot like Trev's old wall paper and scraps he has in a drawer at WON central....LOLOL

You only need leathers one time....if they would incorporate my latest saftey feature for bikes there wouldnt be a need for leather...only preperation H...Pust a 2" ball on the seat pan and lube it up and squeeze down...now if you start to have issues the sphincher will tighten on the ball and you cant fall off... :rofl:

On a sad note i was at INDY for the US nationals in 1996 as exb. passes only with are street cars and Elmer Trent who we parked and talked to was the Top Fuel bike there making passes he also ran infront of me making show passes and came off @235 plus and lost his life....and the same weekend was the loss of Blayne Johnson diver and brother to the #1 Top Fuel tunner in the world for cars Alan Johnson...We also lost a racer last week at the NHRA event at Englishtown in A/FC as its shuts didnt open and then exploded...Same track where Scott Kaletta losyt his life in 08 andf the same one i lost a new car at in 99 because of no shutes.....

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

Dave followed up yesterday 7.8 with a 7.2 today which is FAR BETTER than I was expecting after such a major set back at the previous meeting, which forced Dave to cobble together a bitza engine for this meeting.

Unfortunately it wasn't quick enough to beat the 7.08 run of the No 1 qualifier, so Dave was put out in the 1st round BUT his engine is still in PERFECTLY cobbled together order :omgrofl: whereas the No 1 qualifier didn't show for the next round so his must be wrecked.

Information and results collected from this event PROVE THE FOLLOWING;

1) The REVO system had NOTHING to do with last meetings engine failure

2) The WET REVO system works PERFECTLY

3) The previous injector type/location was NOT causing any negative effects on the mixture (as some had suggested).

The 7.2 was despite the following;

1) Still needing to optimise the wheelie bar position

2) Still needing to optimise the Max launch settings, as the bike didn't against the bars smoothly as they have on previous good runs

3) Being between 1 to 2 tenths slower over the 330 as a consequence of 1 & 2

4) Using only an absolute max of 150 HP

It should also be mentioned that it is now a proven fact that Dave's Lambda is less than 'true' and can only be relied on as a comparator/guide.

For the record the 7.08 run was the quickest in the class this weekend, with Dave's 7.2 being 2nd quickest. :twisted:

We're back on track and should now be able to back in to the 7 zeros FOR SURE next meeting (weather conditions etc. permitting) and with a bit of luck Dave may even be able to post a new record while he's at it. :twisted: :twisted:

AT LAST!!!!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to give credit to my assistant Ant for assisting Dave to optimise the mixture settings etc. which played a major part in Dave getting down the track reliably this weekend. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:09 pm 
Wizard

Well done Dave!
I saw the 7.2 pass. I tried a few times to find you in the pits. Then I realised that you must remove the bikes bodyshell in between runs...
I did manage to find Steve Suzook and had a good chat with Ron and Brain. Ron had some good results today as well... How empty was the Pod today. I would say less than a 1000 spectators in all?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 pm 
Learner

Hi
Glad its started coming together Dave. Did try and find ya in the pits but everyone we asked didnt know where ya were and never saw the bike.

Well i managed to prove myself right, with change of fuel and plugs solving the running issues and finally dropped into the 9's with a 9.87@135. Once again tho, come eliminators i managed to shoot myself in the foot, this time failing to turn the fuel tap on!! DOH!! Least i didnt torch the engine which could so easily have happened.

Anyway, best of luck in the next round Dave, 7.2's a good base to work from

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 am 
Pro Mod

Congrats to Dave and all those involved as this is trully a team effort from everyone...All the best for the future....

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm 
Learner

Hey, Johnny, your idea regarding the 2" ball on the seat, I'm more than willing to put a pillion seat on the back of my bike and take you for a run so you can demonstrate its effectiveness for us!! :rofl: :rofl:
PS, we dont carry vaseline in our race kit, so would fully synthetic 10/40 be ok :rofl:

On a more serious note, again well done Dave, and hopefully you'll find those extra 3 tenths next time out

Cheers
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:56 pm 
Pro Mod

Well Steve i have no need for a ride as I have been over 190 mph on my Suzi street bike and even my street Harley i had at 147..this is a stock Dyna chassis and front end with no performance help reguarding steering or chassis...of the 2 the Harley was alot more of a handful then my Suzi was or the Kawalski i owend...Now if I was to ride or race bikes again i would want a Top Fueler motorcycle .....1/4 mile one wheel passes are so cool!!!

I came up with this idea after pinching a patch of leather off my new Corbin seat when a car pulled in front me and i came off the bike and over there hood.... :rofl: :rofl: OUCH!!! many many times even while kicking said car that pulled out...driver wouldnt get out of car till the cops got there...

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:50 pm 
Learner

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure we know what's going on now and can build from this quickly! famous last words... ;)

There's a good 10th that could be easily sliced from the first 330ft of the 7.28 pass - and that's with just c.150bhp of nitrous!

Very pleased with how things went :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:07 am 
Wizard

congratulations dave! fantastic news :yes:
does it feel strange to have an engine still in one piece at the END of the race event? :rofl:
im sorry, but im sure the fact ur back on track means u wouldnt give a toss :lol:
are u using the crossfires now? ive just got back off holiday and have only read this last page
i just saw the comment trev made about the discharge tube system being proved now

after last year and everytime i saw u there was a problem, being 2000miles away might have helped :)

really happy for u man, talk about a man suffering for his passion :bow:
its great its now finally coming together :bounce:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:01 pm 
Learner

Congrats to Dave for the Open National at shakey, i beleive he took the win, all in very difficult track conditions over the weekend, well done mate, keep em coming
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

If only he was in a financial position to do that but unfortunately he's retiring due to lack of funds, so whatever he manages to run this next and last meeting will be his last.

If there's any justice in the world he'll run the 6 second pass he's been on the verge of doing on and off for the past 2 years but knowing there is no justice in the world, no doubt it'll either be washed out or some other shit will cause him to go down in history as the guy who was smart enough to try advanced nitrous technology (although some idiots will say foolish), who was too unlucky to have achieved the results that should have lead to. :evil:

Has anyone else noticed that life is really good at shitting on the nice guys? :x

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 pm 
Learner

Thanks Steve, nice to meet you :)

Now I know exactly what I'm doing with the nitrous system and am fully confident that it's doing exactly what I'm telling it to do I should be in the 6s in no time! ...if the rest of the bike will do what I tell it to do! :rolleyes:
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:55 pm 
Learner

Scalded Cat wrote:
Thanks Steve, nice to meet you :)

Now I know exactly what I'm doing with the nitrous system and am fully confident that it's doing exactly what I'm telling it to do I should be in the 6s in no time! ...if the rest of the bike will do what I tell it to do! :rolleyes:
:lol:

Ha, i know what ya saying bud. Glad i finally got to meet ya, and from what Trev has just said, i hope finances take a turn for the better for 2011. I know from my own experiences how expensive racing can be when things dont go your way, but sometimes a year out isnt a bad thing either. But whatever you decide i wish you well.... Meanwhile, see ya at the pod :yes:
Steve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9