NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pulsoid fittings/thread sizes
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm 

Hi all, just acquired a set of pulsoids off a friend, he will be bringing them up for me in a few weeks when he visits. In the meantime I'd like to get fittings made up to plum them in when he arrives but i can't find any info on what fittings the pulsoids will take. Can anyone tell me what the female thread type and size is please? particularly the outlet, as i see on here i can get 4an inlet fittings to use my exsisting US bottle.
It's unlikely I'll be using the standard fittings and i enjoy making all the bits i possibly can, like distribution blocks, so just info on the thread size will be enough to keep me busy.
Alternatively i have some old shower head type distribution blocks if i can make an adapter to thread those to the pulsoid.

Cheers
Phil

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Pulsoid fittings/thread sizes
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 pm 
Learner

Using the shower heads is a better idea than making your own, as this is one of the most critical areas. WON do adapters to shower heads, 1/8th NPT i think, complete with a jet carrier inside. Try and use nylon lines fron there onwards as these are far superior to the braided ones, they also do adaptors for this too, even if you use nos/nx style foggers.

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:42 pm 

Thanks for that info suzook. I'll just quiz you a little more if i may?

I have all sorts of bits from kits, i have some NOS plastic lines and square distribuiton blocks, some braided lines, and some NX shower head and a selection of foggers. You say it's possible to use a combination of these with the pulsoids? i take it that you would leave the jets out of the foggers (or drill them out completely)?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 pm 
Learner

my set up at moment, i i have nx shower heads, with WON jet carrier, Nos foggers with jets drilled.
Dont use the crap small nylon lines or dis blocks you have, more trouble than they're worth. Use the NX shower heads as these are pretty good, even Trev will tell ya that, get fittings for the shower head to take 4mm nylon with AN adaptor for fogger ends. Personally, i cant wait to get rid of the foggers and fit x-fires, as the holes can just be retapped for 10 x 1mm fitting.
Start off jetted small, say 25 BHP, do all the tests, info for which can be found here abouts, work ya jetting spread out, then ya can go bigger, but dont forget to retest after every change

Steve

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:32 pm 

I'll make use of the NX shower heads then. What is the pulsoid thread size? i know the NX has an 1/8th fitting....just been looking for the fitting you mentioned to connect them to the pulsoid but can't find on in the store. Do you have a link at all?

Cheers
Phil

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:33 pm 
Wizard

Ive always like them shower heads think they a good bit of kit , love the wilson manifold dist block but they are just very expensive , but them square Nos blocks are just pure shit lol

what sort of HP will you be runing ? - 4 on bottle may be a bit big and im with steve def nylon from block to injectors

If you take your stuff into Pritek they will have all the fittings you need and they very helpfull just dont tell them they for nitrous or they will start putting there prices up , if not RS componates ya can now use there trade counters , i find it so much easier if i can take stuf into a shop and mess about with fittings and adaptors

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

The part you need is not yet in our shop but is part number HP059 - 1/8 NPT to 8X1 (MALE/MALE) @ £8 and if you call Ant on Tuesday (01302 834343), he'll have one (or two) sent out to you within 24 hours. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm 

Thanks for the info folks.

I'll wait till i have the Pulsoids and test they work ok before spending money.
I'll update on progress when i have them.
Cheers
Phil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm 

A shower head will really be better that an improvise from a scrap piping. You just have to know the exact fitting to make it one hundred percent working. Just choose the right shower head depending on your desire.

Last edited by jamespipers on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:57 pm 
Learner

Its also worth taking the time to figure your routing out before you start, ideally you want lines as short as possible, and if you're not running a controller, the fuel lines shorter than the gas lines (fuel takes longer to get delivered than gas@900psi) all fuel and all gas lines equal lengths and mount the shower heads vertically. If you mount them horizontally they will favour the lower 2 lines so you will have 2 cylinders weaker than the other 2.
When you order your fittings for pulsoid to shower head, ask and they'll tap them for jets so you can jet at pulsoid end rather than at the foggers

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

A compromise is to jet at the shower head outlets. :idea: ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!