NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: advice wanted
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:36 pm 

hi started to build nos set up for my yzf1000r have bottle ,and two newly refurbished solenoids,runnuing standard air box with kn,dynojet stage 1 kit,akrapovic system, thinking of similiar set up to sb50 kit,any suggestions and advice on best way to set this up only going to go up to 50 bhp shot , thinking of purge kit as well cheers in advance :)

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: advice wanted
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

wadsta325 wrote:
hi started to build nos set up for my yzf1000r have bottle ,and two newly refurbished solenoids,runnuing standard air box with kn,dynojet stage 1 kit,akrapovic system, thinking of similiar set up to sb50 kit,any suggestions and advice on best way to set this up only going to go up to 50 bhp shot , thinking of purge kit as well cheers in advance :)

If you use ALL WON parts you shouldn't need a purge (unless you want to pose with it) and always start at 25 bhp before stepping up to 50.
Other than that all you need to do is go to our instructions page and select the SB50 wet page.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:46 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
wadsta325 wrote:

If you use ALL WON parts you shouldn't need a purge (unless you want to pose with it) and always start at 25 bhp before stepping up to 50.
Other than that all you need to do is go to our instructions page and select the SB50 wet page.

thanks for getting back ,were is best place for nitrous venom injector {can it go before filter or will that freeze filter or should it go between filter and carbs},and really want purge kit ,but how would i go about installing ,like posing when on show , :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

[quote="wadsta325"] thanks for getting back ,were is best place for nitrous venom injector
I'd need to see the induction system layout to advise you on that.

can it go before filter or will that freeze filter
Yes that MIGHT be OK as long as it's not a paper element but again I could be more definite if I can see the induction layout.

or should it go between filter and carbs
NO, if they're not suitable to be located in the airbox they will HAVE TO BE located between the carbs and the heads.

and really want purge kit ,but how would i go about installing ,like posing when on show , :)
Do you have the early type Pulsoids or X-10s

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:51 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
wadsta325 wrote:
thanks for getting back ,were is best place for nitrous venom injector
I'd need to see the induction system layout to advise you on that.

Yes that MIGHT be OK as long as it's not a paper element but again I could be more definite if I can see the induction layout.

or should it go between filter and carbs
NO, if they're not suitable to be located in the airbox they will HAVE TO BE located between the carbs and the heads.

and really want purge kit ,but how would i go about installing ,like posing when on show , :)

thanks again,will take pics when apart,its a k n filter,and early type pulsoids cheers :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 am 
Site Admin

As you have a K&N filter element you'll be OK to blow nitrous through it.

thanks again,will take pics when apart,its a k n filter,and early type pulsoids cheers :)
In that case we'd supply you with a T-piece that you'd connect before the main Pusloid in the feed pipe and the spare T leg would run to the Purge solenoid.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)