NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help needed for 929 honda fireblade for upgrade!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 am 

right i have a 2000 honda cbr 900rr (929cc fuel injected) that has a sb50 kit on it and i wish to upgrade to direct port my 4 venom fuel injectors are tapped into the intake runners just above the valves and the nitrous one is in the airbox but due to space my bike doesnt lend its self to add an extra 4 nitrous injectors next to the fuel ones so i was thinking about fitting 4 cross fire injectors insted i cound not find a fuel injected install guide on this but for gravety fed fuel only and it stated that the crossfire injector should be mounted far away from the valves so i am asking is that just for gravity fed fuel or will fuel injected suffer aswell being close to the valves?

Attachments:
nos3.jpg
nos3.jpg [ 105.27 KiB | Viewed 18338 times ]
nos2.jpg
nos2.jpg [ 81.29 KiB | Viewed 18338 times ]
File comment: my set up
nos1.jpg
nos1.jpg [ 89.27 KiB | Viewed 18338 times ]

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Help needed for 929 honda fireblade for upgrade!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 am 

extra pics

Attachments:
nos5.jpg
nos5.jpg [ 119.55 KiB | Viewed 18337 times ]
nos4.jpg
nos4.jpg [ 50.82 KiB | Viewed 18337 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 am 
Wizard

Wheeler929rr wrote:
right i have a 2000 honda cbr 900rr (929cc fuel injected) that has a sb50 kit on it and i wish to upgrade to direct port my 4 venom fuel injectors are tapped into the intake runners just above the valves and the nitrous one is in the airbox but due to space my bike doesnt lend its self to add an extra 4 nitrous injectors next to the fuel ones so i was thinking about fitting 4 cross fire injectors insted i cound not find a fuel injected install guide on this but for gravety fed fuel only and it stated that the crossfire injector should be mounted far away from the valves so i am asking is that just for gravity fed fuel or will fuel injected suffer aswell being close to the valves?

Welcome to the forum!
You could easily install 4 venoms into the trumpets, without any other changes to your fuel setup: there is no need for crossfires here. The reason for the nitrous to be as far from the valves as possible is to avoid nitrous reverting back out the intakes.

If you want CRAZY power levels, then a pro-series discharge tube setup would work without changes to your fuel setup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:13 am 

Welcome to the forum!
You could easily install 4 venoms into the trumpets, without any other changes to your fuel setup: there is no need for crossfires here. The reason for the nitrous to be as far from the valves as possible is to avoid nitrous reverting back out the intakes.

If you want CRAZY power levels, then a pro-series discharge tube setup would work without changes to your fuel setup.
[/quote][/quote]

Thank you for your reply ..so i could just mount 4 venom injectors in the bottom of my plastic velocity staceks? The reason for the upgrade is either the kit that i have already is super smooth and not giving any noticeable gain or the nitrous is taking a bit longer to get drawn into the cylinders as the extra fuel is pretty much already there? When i got the kit i had a problem because they sent a 40 nitrous jet and a 25 fuel jet but they did send me a 50 nitrous and a 20 fuel in the and i just want to feel i bit of a kick when i use it and get better efficencey out of the kit thanks for the reply

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm 
Wizard

It sounds like all you need is to step up in power, not a system upgrade... yet. Obtain larger jets and you will notice a greater gain with more torque. Try 40 bhp jets.

It's common for customers to get used to such small increases very quickly and more power is the remedy. Sorry, Chief, you got the speed bug! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm 

Haha i have had the speed bug for a long time but with the kit i dont notice any real gain but if i upgrade to direct port it wont do any harm? ...will it and i guess ill order a 80 nitrous jet and a 40 fuel?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:45 pm 
Wizard

Wheeler929rr wrote:
Haha i have had the speed bug for a long time but with the kit i dont notice any real gain but if i upgrade to direct port it wont do any harm? ...will it and i guess ill order a 80 nitrous jet and a 40 fuel?

In regard to hardly any gain, what is the bottle pressure when you activate the nitrous system?

You won't notice a difference at all if you convert to DP if you can't get the proper response on what you currently have, it'll just be wasted money. There is something else that prevents you from feeling the power increase.

Before you order jets, let's be sure what fuel pressure you are running as well. But first, we need to know you're nitrous bottle pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:33 pm 

How do i find out my bottle pressure?? I think this could be the problem as the bottle was full but quite cold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:48 pm 
Wizard

Wheeler929rr wrote:
How do i find out my bottle pressure?? I think this could be the problem as the bottle was full but quite cold

Bottle pressure is the most common reason for customers having poor performance. When the pressure is too low, the nitrous flow is inadequate and results in a very rich mixture.

The solution is to obtain a nitrous pressure gauge and bottle heater kit. After you heat the bottle up, I guarantee that you'll feel a difference in power for sure!

If you want to test this in a quick manner, you can borrow a digital temp gauge (one for reading hot spots in homes), and heat the bottle up with warm water up to 28-30*C (about 85*F) then test your system. Just make sure there is nitrous in the bottle by weighing it ( a full bottle is best anytime you test).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:13 pm 

Just looked on the won website and the bottle blanket is out of stock but i have found the gauge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:52 pm 
Wizard

Wheeler929rr wrote:
Just looked on the won website and the bottle blanket is out of stock but i have found the gauge

At least with the gauge, we'll know where your pressure will be. You can still heat the bottle with hot water until the gaauge pressure reaches approximately 900 psi.

What is the temperature of the bottle typically (just give me the ambient temperature for best guess)?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

Although our Airbox systems are super smooth, you should STILL feel (or better still MEASURE), a 25 hp increase, it's just that it will rise to that more gradually (relatively), than it would with a DP kit. By more gradually I also mean more manageably and I'm only talking about fractions of a second for the full power to be achieved.

If you are not happy with the improvement as it is now, there are 2 possible explanations;
1) Something is stopping the system delivering the full potential of the jets. This means things like inadequate bottle pressure (which could be due to low temp or low bottle content volume), incorrect nitrous to fuel mixture ratio (excessively rich), inadequate spark strength (very common), slipping clutch and don't think that just because it's not obvious (instantly hitting the red line but not going anywhere), that it's not happening, as 99% of production motorcycles make more power than the stock clutch can handle and slip BY SOME PERCENTAGE, even without nitrous. If you read the appropriate section of my book, you'll find all this info and much more, along with the ways of overcoming them. :yes: :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!