NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Keep an eye on our websites as we'll be giving a glimpse of what the new "Max Extreme" progressive controller will look like and offer by way of features.

We should have an image and details up within the next day or two when we sort it all out.

Note: This will just be a preview but there are many more features that will be available.

Please refer to this thread for more details;

http://www.noswizard.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=2378

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Last edited by Noswizard on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:15 pm 

awesome!

i know it works well otherwise you wouldnt sell it but does it work as good as it looks?

i dont think there is another unit out there that can touch that.....raises the bar another notch :)

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

As with everything I sell it works even better than it looks, because looks are secondary to functionality on my priority list. ;)

We've had some people say the touch buttons on the current design were a bit 'iffy' so we've moved to conventional individual push buttons which are easy to operate so there's nothing 'iffy' about the operation now.

There are a number of other 'detailled' improvements that only a seasoned Maximiser user will pick up on and appreciate but because there are so many major improvements, they're not worth including in the features list.

You're certainly right about raising the bar, especially when you consider it's also EVO (smooth system) ready and all other units are only suitable for pulsed application. :twisted:

We had expected to have all these new products on the market this year so we could demonstrate before close of play 2006 how superior they were with track results but in the UK at least it looks like we may have to wait till the start of next year. However I now know for a fact that we will have them ALL on line before the end of the year and next year promises to be a defining year for all my products. :mrgreen:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Might I suggest you give me a call so we can discuss your application and requirements, because we could upgrade you to the current Maximiser if I feel you would benefit from it's extra features. We'd take your Minimax in part X if that were to be the case and we even have used Maximisers we could fix you up with to keep the cost down.

At a later date when you need the other features of the latest Maximiser we could again take your current Maximiser off you in part X, so you're not stuck with an old model.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:41 am 
Learner

ME LIKEY!!!!!!!!!! Tell us more about it!! Any estimate on what the price would be??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:58 pm 
Learner

Is it possible to retard ignition with max extreme?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 am 
Pro Mod

You can activate a retard with it , but it doesnt do it by itself....

A.K.A. Cult Member #40

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:09 am 

Hi :)

"Activate a retard" ...interesting...

My Porsche has a wire that when connected retards the ignition timing by 6 degrees...when disconnected ...advances timing back by 6 degrees..(its for bad or low ron fuel)

Would the new MAXX be able to use that wire to retard ??

All the best Brett :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Very likely and it would certainly be beneficial as you start cranking up the power.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:55 am 
Site Admin

We hope to have a device that will control timing and fuel enrichment in the near future.

Demand is so great and so urgent for our new Max Extreme that we're considering supplying some customers with uncased units (because the electronics will be finished 2 weeks before the case), just as we did for Dave Bailey so he could use the prototype.

That's an example of how good the new unit is, it will work in the harsh environment with the top of the range MSD ignition without suffering any interference.

Of the 3 new products we will soon be launching (REVO, Spider & Max Extreme), the Max Extreme will be first to see the light of day with the REVO a few weeks later and finally the Spider should fly the nest a few weeks after that, so it's going to be a busy and exciting couple of months, with the launch of all the new products in plenty of time for next season.

Anyone who hasn't placed an order and wants one or more of these new products should do so IMMEDIATELY, because demand has exceeded our intended production volume for the first batches and we're already taking orders for the 2nd (and in the case of the MAX Extremes the 3rd) batch which we hope to have complete by March next year. :shock: :shock:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:01 pm 
Learner

i can't understand why you have put time into developing 3 new products when you havn't released the first (smooth)?
no dig , i just want all your products as you announce them. but i realise your a small company and developement can be exhuastive on resourses and cash, youv'e invented / developed the smooth but not released it and received no revenue from it,
now more time and cash has been put into other developements ????
everyone runs a business different but i would of thought the revenue raised from the smooth would give you cash flow to accelerate the other projects.
just a frustrated WON lover ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Believe me I would have been much happier if things had gone according to plan!!! :evil: :evil:

If you look at a thread I posted early this year (where I gave a schedual for new products), you'll see that the plan was to have the REVO (Smooooth) system completed and ready for sale before the start of the summer but in our strive for perfection we decided to run 3 alternative R&D programs on different options before we settled on which was best, rather than rush the first option into production.

The MAX Extreme was never intended to be such a major design change, it was just intended to be a "finishing touches" job but Ant let his enthusiasm get the better of him and again a project that should have taken a couple of months, ended up taking much longer but a much better product has been developed as a consequence.

The Spider should also have been finished sooner (although it is closer to the target date than the others) but the extra time used to take the other 2 products the extra mile, meant that the Spider often had to take a back seat. Having said that, although the Spider is the simplest of the new products (even though it 'looks' the most complex), once again we explored a number of extra options (like the individual metering jets, etc.), in an effort to make the end product that much better.

I can assure you that the end results have been worth the extra effort and as the old saying goes "The best things in life are worth waiting for".

By the way you're right about bringing one new product to market and using the profit it finance the others but thankfully my company has reserves that I've used to finance all 3 products and no doubt we'll be able to replenish those reserves over the next few months, so we can finance the ongoing program of developing more new advanced products. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry you've become a frustrated customer and believe me there are many more like you but I can assure you, your frustration is nothing compared to mine.

Over the last 9 months I've been REPEATEDLY torn between manufacturing a product I was happy with and putting in some more time to develop an even better product. If the lads had got their way we'd still be doing more R&D, in my opinion to achieve little gain, so I had to put the brakes on them and bring these products to market before my 'frustrated customer' lynched me. :lol:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:36 pm 
Learner

good reliable products takes time :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:59 pm 
Wizard

In time you get used to it.....................
So I've been told anyway :cry:

I suppose we can just be grateful that they're happy enough to release it at last and not do a "Microsoft" and use the customers as development engineers while raking in the profits :x

Have you ANY idea how long we waited for the bottle heaters ????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Now some products may take longer than I'd wish but what about all the new products we slipped into our systems without any dramas like;

1) Our billet alloy bottle valves
2) Our SPRV
3) Our QD bottle mounting system

All of which were introduced at no extra cost to all our systems (despite the huge R&D costs), now how many other nitrous companies have done anything remotely like that????

Shame I can't offer the new products at no extra cost at this stage but we do hope eventually (a couple of years down the road) that our prices for a full REVO (Smooooth) system will be no higher and may even be less than our current systems, once we've cranked up the manufacturing volumes and recovered some of our R&D costs.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:08 pm 
Learner

the alloy valve was/is a master piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:17 pm 

[/quote]
the alloy valve was/is a master piece.[/quote]

Hi :)

I tend to agree..it is...and having actually seen the SPRV...working and saving my bottle from making a nasty mess inside my Porsche...I think that is as well....you may not be able to see it but....KNOWING its there and made from high quality engineering is a huge reassurance...
Most would say.....its only a small unseen part......but it isnt....remember the "Challenger" space shuttle.....those seals were ONLY a small unseen part....I would have preferred Trevs company made them....delays or more costs not excluding....

All the best Brett :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:54 am 
Site Admin

Kind words guys and much appreciated. :)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Good Work
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:26 am 
Learner

Trev Keep up the good Work,Burt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:08 pm 
Learner

OMG, have I been away from this board for 100 years?

This product looks LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything else I have seen or expected to see in the near future.

Well done, I'll take two ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 pm 
Learner

invented 20 years or so ago (by himself)...

...hindsight, a pointless ability owned by all and valued by none. :cry:

I hope we all realise the advantage this kit will give us and (don't...) keep it a secret so we can beat everyone ;)

:wav:

:occasion1: :occasion2: :occasion5: :headbang: :spam1: :hal :beatstick: :spam2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:59 am 
Learner

What is the start % of the new MAX??? Can we get it lower than 10%?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Any PULSED progressive that claims to offer less than 20% is manufactured by a company that knows nothing about solenoid response rates.

Even our Pulsoids will struggle to pulse lower than 20% unless they are adjusted for low flow rates.

This is one of the MAJOR drawbacks of pulsed technology, the limited range they can operate over.

Let's say your engine could handle 250 hp of nitrous, the pulsing limitations mean that the minimum you can launch with is 20% (50 hp) and even that isn't a GENUINE 50 hp, even when using my Pulsoids and metering jet location. The situation is FAR worse when using generic solenoids and the US metering jet location.

Now that's fine if you can handle 50 hp off the line but most bikes can't which means they have to either reduce the maximum power they add or they have to activate the system later in the run when the bike can handle the 50 hit, both of which result in slower times.

NOW THE GOOD NEWS

The REVO does NOT have the limitations that solenoids have and as a consequence not only can the Max Extreme start at 10% but it can even start at 1% when used with the REVO.

Talk about TOTAL DOMINATION!!!!

Any vehicle that has REVO-Max Extreme system is CERTAIN to run MUCH quicker. :wav:

2007 is going to be a GREAT year for nitrous technology. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

:cheers: :cheers: :wav: :wav: :occasion7: :occasion7: :wav: :wav: :occasion7: :occasion7: :cheers: :cheers:

AT LAST - WE HAVE THE FIRST PRODUCTION MAX EXTREME!!!

LATEST PIC OF MAX EXTREME

FULL PRODUCTION WILL START THE FIRST WEEK IN JANUARY.

:cheers: :cheers: :wav: :wav: :occasion7: :occasion7: :wav: :wav: :occasion7: :occasion7: :cheers: :cheers:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.