NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Smooth (prototype REVO) Dyno demo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

I know this is a bit short notice but I wasn't sure till now that I'd have a working plan but it's all systems go for a dyno demo of the smooooth progressive.

One of my bike customers is having an open dyno day and I'm going down to demo the smooooth system on his bike on his dyno. Now I'm told there isn't much of a viewers gallery round his dyno and it's a major bike event, so it'll be packed with insane bikers (like myself), but anyone who wants to try and get an eyeball on how the smooooth system performs and wants to be part of history in the making, then you need to get to the following address this Saturday 12th March. The dyno will be running all day and I'll try to get the opportunity to do a number of demos a few times throughout the day. Even if you can't see a great deal, you should be able to hear the bike/s howling when I inject the nitrous and witness the variations in response as I change the delivery rate.

The address is;

Dyno Speed Developments, Unit 11, Gravell Lane, Chigwell, Essex IG7 6DQ (not far from the Dartford tunnel & the M25).

Hope to see some of you there.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Last edited by Noswizard on Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:40 pm 

Good luck and the future of nitrous looks promising! Hope you get some video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:55 am 
Well a bike'll be a good test of it, if anything is sensitive to change or inaccuracy its a bike motor.
The bonus is bikers are the hardest audience of all !

So whens the first car demo then ?
(Hammer poised over piggy bank in readyness)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:54 am 

http://img213.exs.cx/img213/7991/trev14xx.jpg

http://img204.exs.cx/img204/4741/trev20gr.jpg

hey trev any news on the vid?, did it come out ok????

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for that Brian and yes the video came out OK although I'm not sure it will prove much to anyone who doubts what I achieved on Saturday. However in conjunction with the graphs and my explanations (which will follow), anyone who isn't a fool should be able to appreciate it.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:48 am 
Site Admin

When assessing the results of this demo, keep in mind that it was a very crude and a less than perfect method for showing the full degree of control the new system has to offer.

All I wanted to do was dispel claims that my previous demo (model car) was a hoax and put on record that 'I' am the first person in the world to run such a system before someone else makes false claims to that achievement.

It's a shame the graphs don't have the without gas run as a base line for you to judge the full performance from. However 'EVERY' change in power no matter how big or how small and no matter for how long were 'all' due to my thumb action on my control lever. They are all random and they are all damped by the crude way we were injecting the gas.
On the purple first graph and black middle graph I was reducing the power towards the end of the runs then I shot the power up as fast as possible (which is why there is a power spike at the end of each run.
On the last graph, I initially activated the power rise as rapidly as possible, which is why it 'spiked' (and spun the wheel) and I then instantly backed off which is shown by the tail end of the spike.
With this example in mind, you should be able to tell from each graph what changes I made (up & down), at what rate and for how long, to the control system.
In a 'real' & 'correctly fitted' system the response could be made to be as instant as a solenoid system but then with the addition of the electronic control we are working on, we'll be able to reproduce the slower rise rates right down to the lowest level (or anything in-between).

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:58 pm 
Wizard

Congrats Trev! :D

Now when you going to fit it on my car?! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:14 pm 
Learner

How does the 'switch off' time of the smoooth system compare to that of a conventional pulsoid? (ie. the time it takes to de-activate)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:16 am 

Good stuff Trev, nice to see the theory going into practice and performing as expected.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Dave,

As soon as we get them manufactured and you part with some cash!!! LOL LOL

Low,

We have a couple of options but the quickest option will open far quicker than the current solenoid and close as quick as the current solenoid.

Chip,

What annoys me is that I would have had this system on the market 20 years ago if the British race fraternity had been supportive of my products rather than buying the American junk. However this is probably the right time as I'm better situated to deal with the huge demand this new revolutionary system is generating.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:44 am 

id like to put my name down on the "guinea pig" list :thumbsup:

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Consider it done, but there is NOTHING unknown or risky about this, because although it's new technology, it's a safer system than current solenoids etc. and delivers nitrous power in a safer manner. ;-)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:16 pm 

after seeing that demo trev i think i totally understand that and is the reason why i want to have a setup like that on the calibra (which will be back very soon!)

TBH even if i hadnt have been there i know you wouldnt release it for testing unless it was up to the job anyway :cheers:

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:44 am 

Same as TFS trev, put me down to be one of the first to use the new system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:33 am 

So pleased its all working out for you Trev, I cant wait to see the reaction from the NOS/ZEX/NX lads when these things start hitting the street/strip

Going to make "staged" systems look really archaic now, as it removes the one and only problem with pulsed soleoids, the over filling of a particular cylinder at lower rpm and higher power levels.

Setup correctly with this new system the "area under the curve" is going to potentially be increased by SO much more than people realise. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:36 am 

dam right!

it is by far the most advanced nitrous system in the world! 8)

i think even trev has surpassed himself with this one :shock:

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for that guys and I'm busy trying to decide which format will be best to run with, as we now have 3 concepts which each have 3 options.

Whilst this is a great step forward, wait till you see the next step that I'm working on!!!! LOL LOL

Whilst NOS, NX and the like start running about like headless chickens trying to copy the smooth system, I'll be making an even more radical step that even makes the smoooooth system seem crude!!!! LOL LOL

There's no way that lot will ever catch up - talk about cutting a great light!!! LOL LOL

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:25 pm 

Trev, would that the be the system i was trying to nag you into creating in the pub after santa pod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Chip,

I seem to remember my spark of creation happened back then!!!!! LOL

Then a few sleepless nights later I came up with the methodology to achieve it (in theory anyway).

Don't let the "in theory" part dampen your enthusiasm for it's success in practice, as I manage to turn all my theories into practical products. ;-)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:31 pm 
Personally i don't see us needing to over hype or even "sell" the new smoothy.
Look, we've now got the first working example in the world of a true "throttle position controlled" continuously variable non pulsed system.
If people can't understand what the implications of that are then whats the point ?
This is barely a step away from a true "independant" fuel and air delivery system, the ultimate "anti-reversion" method; A closed throttle plate !

This doesn't need washing powder hype, that doesn't do it justice and it'll have to be acknowledged as a major fricking acomplishment soon enough by everyone.
This is already way beyond todays thinking and the proposed "true injection" goes further still.
This stuff is going to be recieved like elecricity was, recognition is a long way off yet.

Besides, what are all us "disciples" going to do if Wizards becomes accepted ? We'll have to form a splinter faction promoting staged or something. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

How true Loopy, I suspect recognition for this revolutionary step forward will be slow coming, especially from the US 'experts' who have a vested interest in keeping everything the same.
Think how much prestige those guys will lose if they accept my new concept, as they'll have to concede that I'm the expert not them!!!! LOL LOL

Never mind, they'll only be able to swim against the tide till it becomes a torrent. LOL LOL

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:34 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Just to make sure everyone gets to see the video clip.

Wow! For a sh*t nitrous kit, that's wicked cool! I can forsee lots of advantages.

How do you expect it to be controlled? I don't expect to have to get a 2nd foot pedal or have a separate hand knob. Will the Maximizer be able to control that?

-Bob C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Glad you can see the benefits and there are more benefits beyond the control aspect of it.

It will deliver an equal amount to all cycles of all cylinders where as pulsed systems deliver unequal amounts to some cycles. Rather than delivering short bursts of 500 bhp to some cycles of some cylinders to get an initial power of say 100 bhp, this new system will deliver JUST 100 bhp across all cycles of all cylinders.

The end result is your engine will be under less strain, your engine will be under an even load, you will have steplessly smooth increases in power and you will need less retard as a consequence.

We are currently working on a revised Maximiser to control the new system and they will be launched together.
This new system will make ALL existing systems obsolete, so expect to see the other companies either waste away into bankruptcy, try to steal my invention (and then get sued for patent infringement), or dash about like headless chickens trying to come up with an alternative. LOL

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry to say you may all have to wait a while as I've got a hell of a queue of eager customers for the new system and we haven't even finished the R&D program yet.

With regards to progress, we have a wet & a dry system almost completed and ready for vehicle testing out on the road. I've tested one option on a road car and it worked great but we decided to change the concpet to make it more acceptable to the general public, so we had to start over again which set us back about 6 weeks.

I hope to have both systems tested on road cars and then fitted to competition bikes before the end of June.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

Here's the latest update on the Smooooth system.

Dave Bailey has a agreed to fit our "dry" Smooooth system to his Busa and run it on the strip. This is quite a simple job as Dave currently has our "dry" pulsed system fitted, so all we need to do is replace the solenoid and the Minimax with the new Smooooth valve and Maximiser (special edition).

He now has the parts and will be carrying out the conversion ASAP.

Watch this space for dyno and track results within the next few weeks.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)