NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Company report & prices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Over the past 10 or more years it's been impossible to increase the retail prices of our products, despite the NUMEROUS improvements in quality, advances in product design and improved safety features that we've introduced over that period, because the adverse exchange rate with the US $$$ has meant INFERIOR US imports have been flooding in to the UK at rock bottom prices.

In the UK raw material prices (like stainless steel & ally) have increased by as much as 20 fold in the past 10 years and the labour on machining costs has more than doubled.

Until recently all we could do to counter these company destroying trends, was to make major improvements in efficiency, which despite our best efforts has still resulted in a major dent in company profits.
However over the past 18 months we've been testing out supplies and suppliers from countries like China and I'm pleased to report that we're now forging links with some of the most outstanding ones. Day by day we are finding suitable suppliers for a growing number of our component requirements, that are equal to (or even superior to) our current standards of quality but which cost substantially less than from our current suppliers.

Initially we will need to re-establish the profitability of our company (to maintain our R&D programs to further advance nitrous technology) but in the not too distant future, we expect to be able to reduce retail prices to BETTER than even the cheapest US imports.

We already have samples of Revo parts that we've had made in China, which have been tested and proven to be as good as those we've had made in the UK. This means that when the times comes for mass production we'll be able to beat the current prices of generic solenoids and offer basic Revo valve systems at a lower price than solenoid systems.

We already have a number of MAJOR companies in different parts of the world interested in marketing the Revo systems for us, therefore all the ingredients are coming together nicely, so that when I think the time is right, all we need to do is bring the whole thing to the boil to get the REVOlution started. :twisted:

In the more immediate future, we expect to see some of the more major components from China start coming on stream by next year and this will be reflected in the prices as soon as possible thereafter. :D

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:22 pm 
Wizard

Well done Trev. One of my friends has been sourcing his products from China and India for nearly a year now. There is no difference in quality, but his margins have increased to a point where he can drop his prices and still make a reasonable profit. The net result being a big boom in his business. Which is good for me. As he has offered me a job with him to help market his goods and services. That means I get a good increase in salary so I can afford yet more stuff for my car!!! Everyone's a winner....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

That's what I like to hear and I'm CERTAIN that will be the way it works out for us. :)

What products does he import from such countries if you don't mind me asking?

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:16 pm 
Wizard

Mechanical components such as bearings and motor drives. Also lots of rubber goods such as drive belts and vibration eliminators.
Plus a host of own branded lubricants, degreasing and WD40 type products.

I'm going on board to build up a small works division for him. That way he can do more of the work to install the stuff he sells.

Thats why I havent been very busy on the car lately. I'm trying to tie up loose ends in the old job, sort out a re mortgage, strip out the Fiesta ready for the V8 conversion and do a bit of moonlighting for the new job.

Plus my young 'uns 18th Birthday and preparing for the annual holiday in 12 days.

I will be back at the Pod for the Sunday of USC on the 5th August though. Thats the morning after we come back from hols.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Good luck with all that and just for an update, I've spent most of today contact NUMEROUS companies in China, etc. and things are looking REALLY PROMISING, so the futures bright as we'll eventually be able to undercut even the cheapest US imports, whilst retaining ALL the extra features and superior quality our systems currently offer.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)