NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hacked site
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Dear visitor,

I'm sorry you've been prevented from viewing my web site and my products but this is only a temporary situation and will be rectified within a few days.
The reasons for the complete removal of the site are 3 fold;
1) The site was hacked some weeks ago and has been in slow decline ever since
2) The site was hacked again this morning and used to try and discredit my products but since the site was of little use already, I decided it would be better to close it down altogether.
3) We have a new server due to take over our site any day now and although they were going to wait till there was a lull in site traffic to do the switch, I thought it would be better to get the switch done as soon as possible regardless of the traffic volume.

Once again I'm sorry for the inconvenience but if you return in a few days I'm sure the site will be back on line and even better than its original glory. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Last edited by Noswizard on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Well I've been in business over 30 years and I've dealt with millions of people in that time. I've encountered some of the nicest people you could wish to meet and I've had to deal with some seriously SAD people who have bordered on being insane. I've also encountered people who are so JEALOUS of my success that they've taken a number of desperate and illegal measure to get a free ride from it and/or untruthfully denigrate my products to enhance their own sales.
However the people responsible for the recent hacking of my site and for replacing my original home page with their own demented claims, have to be the SADDEST, most DERANGED & DESPERATE people it's ever been my misfortune to encounter.

Now there are only 3 people I know of who fit that bill and who have anything to gain from going to such trouble. From the choice of words used and the actual content it was obviously done by an American, so that narrows it down to just 2.
One of these has had access to the construction of the site and the other obviously wrote the hacked text, so I'm confident I know whose responsible and this SAD, DERANGED, DESPERATE action only goes to prove I was right to cease doing business with them.

Unfortunately for them their demented effort has done little (if any) damage to my business, because it was spotted very soon after it was hacked/posted and dealt with almost immediately.
Although the site is off line now, it is ONLY a temporary situation, because our site is already very close to being removed from our existing US server and placed on a new UK server, out of the reach of the recent offender.

My message to the hackers therefore is; I hope you enjoyed your short lived moment of success and if this is how desperate you have to act to get people to buy your alternative cheap shit products, then there is little to no hope of you ever being a success at anything you do.

You'll have to do a lot more lying and be more convincing, if you want to make the world believe that there is any other solenoid that comes close to my Pulsoids and even if you manage that trick, you've NO CHANCE once the Revo hits the market.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:30 pm 
Learner

If you have any kind of proof it would be worth reporting them to UK/US authorities as computer crime is pretty well punished over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:33 pm 
Learner

That really is sad, very sad, but it might not really be them though. ?

Quote:
From the choice of words used and the actual content it was obviously done by an American

What do you mean, mate? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for that and I'd love to deal with it that way but for the same reason I haven't taken legal action against a number of people for libel (I'm too busy with the really important things in life), they'll get away with it this time. However, I live by the old saying that, if you give someone enough rope they'll eventually hang themselves with it and no doubt these 2 will do the same thing.

I will however keep that info in mind and I may use it if they ever give me cause in future when I've nothing better to do. ;)

Such a shame that some people have such empty uninteresting lives that all they can find to do is try and put me and my company down ..... sad really ..... you'd be surprised how many sad individuals there are right now bad mouthing me to their similarly minded sad friends.

I'd be almost suicidal (lol) if they weren't out numbered a 1,000:1 by normal people who have expressed their support to me in PMs, emails and posts over the years. :)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:50 pm 
Wizard

Glad you had the systems in place to pick it up and deal with it before it caused any real trouble Trev.
Life is too short to waste your time worrying about this sort of idiot. You have the supreme glory of knowing that the only reason they did it is because they know you are right and they are wrong. I'd rather be like you. " A tough act to follow" rather than a "sad act to follow".
Keep up the good work mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Thanks guys your support is always greatly appreciated.

With regards to the words used, although Brits & Americans use mostly the same words, they are used differently and that difference is quite obvious.

Furthermore, the solenoids used in the picture were BOTH fitted with our US adaptors for braided hose and ONLY one person has been supplied with those.

That same person is the only person who had access to the site construction and therefore did not need to hack the site to change anything, all he had to do was type in a password.

That password has now been changed and as a consequence he's been unable to replace the homepage for a 3rd time.

Had it been someone actually hacking the site, changing the password would not have stopped them.

It's therefore quite obvious which unprofessional individuals are responsible for this episode but it has done them no good and has actually prompted my new provider to move more quickly to get the new reworked site on stream for me, so thanks guys. LOL

It's unbelieveable how low some people will stoop to get one up on me but just like the rest, they've failed!!!!

IF my products were as bad as 'they' are now claiming, you'd think they'd be pleased that I'd stopped supplying them and if they've found something better (as they claim) they'd have no need to denegrate my products because they could prove how good their own are.

Funny how they spent years saying my products were the best in the world and now all of a sudden they're the worst. LOL

I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who either had such bad judgement for years or who was willing to drop their principles overnight.

Anyway the good news is I won't have to bother myself about all this stupidity for much longer because I'll be out of here within 12 months and the idiots who live only to attack me and my products will have to find someone else to live for. LOL

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 pm 
Learner

Well, I have faith in your products else I wouldn't have an 11lb bottle in my boot. Even though at the moment my car doesn't fuel enough to be any good with it. (Watch this space, getting spare injectors for rehoning tomorrow....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Just had a chat with my new web guy and he says the hacker was trying to screw with the site at the same time he was correcting it 'repeatedly' but as you can see now, he came out on top by making his mods stick and by locking out the hacker.

Nice to know I've at last found a guy who can beat the hackers, rather than suffer the repeated failures I've had over the past few years. :lol:

I've also been informed that the core construction of the site is TOTALLY UNSUITABLE for my application and is now being rectified to avoid missing potential growth in traffic. All in all a very satisfying result. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If anyone wants a good web design contact I'd be happy to pass you their details, as I'm VERY HAPPY with what they've done for me.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:48 pm 
Wizard

See this is what happends when ya make the best Trev they know they cant compete so go to the school boy tactics , lol dont sound the smartest cookies in the pack using a stored password LOL

Still glad ya stoped it and got it sorted

Respect

Tezz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:01 pm 
Wizard

i think youve all missed the biggest point here ;)
those who are guilty KNOW your kit is the best trev :D
the fact the best they can do to compete against you is too hack your website shows how desperate they are 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

A good point! 8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:52 am 
Learner

If it's who I think it is, I would go after them. I hate when someone feels like they have to attack another person's business. Still can't believe that they did that. Very petty IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

We now have ABSOLUTE PROOF that the recent 'hacker' was Denny of Racetested, just as I suspected all along.

Feel free to make your own judgements of such unprofessional behaviour.

Now for the good news, if you check out http://www.noswizard.com you'll see that a substantial percentage of our web site is back in action and now out of reach of 'hackers'.
The full site with improvements will be available soon.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:15 pm 
Wizard

you gotta love the modern worlds level of loyalty and honor :angryfire:
WANKER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:50 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
We now have ABSOLUTE PROOF that the recent 'hacker' was Denny of Racetested, just as I suspected all along.

Feel free to make your own judgements of such unprofessional behaviour.

Now for the good news, if you check out www.noswizard.com you'll see that a substantial percentage of our web site is back in action and now out of reach of 'hackers'.
The full site with improvements will be available soon.

Regards

I like to think that I am a reasonable judge of character, and if you cast your mind back.......way back..........!

It is worth noting that the racetested site looks remarkably similar, do you have any rights on the content??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:19 am 
Learner

His site says new product line fall of 2007.
If he's making knock offs of your pulsoids, then why
is he trash talking the very thing he's copying?
:cheers:

Noswizard wrote:

Regards

Was it his IP address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am 
Site Admin

mrmoo wrote:
you gotta love the modern worlds level of loyalty and honor :angryfire:
WANKER!

How true!
No doubt Denny has decided to forget the numerous times I turned down the approaches from other Americans wanting me to ditch him in favour of them.

However I'm not at all surprised by his actions, as he was never on the same wave length as the majority of the world and a perfect example of that, was how he responded to Rito over a blown rupture disc.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:58 am 
Site Admin

bigdaveakers wrote:
I like to think that I am a reasonable judge of character, and if you cast your mind back.......way back..........!
I've had to deal with numerous extremely negative responses to Dennys character (some of which involved other Americans phoning me to complain), all of them telling me he was bad for my business over there. In ALL cases I supported and defended him (due to loyalty), keeping in mind that not everyone is happy with my own manner, but at least the people I upset are seldom (if ever) customers.

It is worth noting that the racetested site looks remarkably similar, do you have any rights on the content??
At first Denny played a major part in our web site design some of which he did freely and the rest at low cost, which I assumed was appreciation for the 100s of hours I spent educating him about nitrous, assiting him with his difficult customers and the extra discount I gave him to help him get his business going. Therefore I have no concern about the ownership of his or our site/content and although he has sections of his site that depict our products I have no problem with that.
In fact I have no concerns about anything he has, is or intends to do, for reasons that will be made public knowledge ASAP.
;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Donkeypunch wrote:
His site says new product line fall of 2007.
If he's making knock offs of your pulsoids, then why
is he trash talking the very thing he's copying?
:cheers:
I doubt he'll have arranged the manufacture of copies so quickly (but he may well have been working on this long before I found out) and it's my bet he'll be selling some cheap generic solenoid instead, just like the other parts he's now selling.
Whatever he sells I'm sure of one thing, he'll be making FALSE claims that they are better than my Pulsoids.

Was it his IP address?

My web expert informed me that access to any site is recorded in a log and it was the log that proved Denny was responsible.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:50 am 

very sad...

as you know trev it didnt come as a surprise to me

regards, brian

cult member#4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Such is life Brian and as you know, this isn't the first time someones tried to take advantage of my hard work and/or my trusting and loyal nature.

This is just another example of how low some people will go, to enhance their financial position by using my years of effort whilst trying to damage my position. However just as ALL the others attempts have failed, I have no doubt this will take the same path. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:16 pm 
Learner

Trev, if there's anything i can do to help you get things up and running again just give me a shout (even if it's just beta testing the website)

Mick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mick,

Many thanks for the offer, I'll pass that over to Ant (as he's dealing with this) and no doubt he'll be in touch if he can use the assistance.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:23 pm 
Wizard

Trev from my experiance you have always been honest and proffesional and a great person to deal with and thats reflected in so many post on this site , and nothing he says or dose can ever dimish the fact that you your staff and prouducts on so many fronts are very top of the tree

If this is his approach i would hate to be one of his customers

Thanks to all

Tezz