Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: OUR nylon hose gets official UK Drag racing approval
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 am 
Site Admin

For full story please see the last post in the following thread:

http://www.technical-forum.com/nitrous- ... t,151.html

You could say I'm rather happy, in fact I'd go so far as to say it's probably the happiest I've been over a work related issue. :D :D :mrgreen:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Last edited by Noswizard on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:16 pm 
Wizard

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Great news and a big well done to all at WON

Tezz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:39 pm 
Wizard

Yeah, hip-hip-hooray :wav:

I don't know the full story but I can tell it's the sort of recognition you've been denied for so long, so huge congratulations. It may have been a long hard fight but I'm sure it was inevitable that you succeed - just a matter of how long before they actually opened their eyes (and ears).

:cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:35 am 
Learner

Another step in the right direction for common sense then.
Did they also consider the rule on blow down tubes even though they are pointless with our SPRV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Funny you should ask about the blowdown tubes/SPRV situation, because I did actually bring that subject up but as it was a MAJOR step for them to accept the nylon pipe, I decided to JUST make them aware of the safety advances we'd made at this stage, in order to support my assertions about the safety of my nylon pipe.

I also mentioned that the Ignition Delay Unit was the MOST IMPORTANT safety feature ever invented for nitrous use but again I didn't press it for approval this time, for fear of over doing it and at the risk of everything being thrown out.

If I'm still involved in all this next year, I'll take it a step further then. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: OUR nylon hose gets official UK Drag racing approval
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:21 pm 
Wizard

i should really read through all different sections lol
well done trev, it seems the tide is turning :D
mabye common sense has become contageous? ............... naaahh i doubt it too

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Strange that "common" sense is so UNCOMMON!!!! :evil:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:36 pm 
Wizard

it does seem to be a bit more common around here though 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Thank God for small mercies. :mrgreen:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:27 pm 
Wizard

yeah, when the full moon is shining there seems to be a connection to the multiverse
we can use the combined brain power of all our brains in all those different dimensions to make cars go faster :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:58 am 

Common sense is a rare thing!

Glad it prevailed there though of course :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 pm 
Learner

chip wrote:
Common sense is a rare thing!

Glad it prevailed there though of course :D

Common sense is not common. :shock:

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

We have our own name here for what it takes to understand "basic" information, it's "uncommon" sense because so called "common" sense is so rare. :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:20 pm 
Wizard

is your nylon line approved for drag racing "now" or will it be next season? because i'm hearing your line's ok (provided its new line with appropriate labelling/printing) from a car scrutineer, but braided only from 2 bike scrutineers(ACU) and racers/friends who have asked have been told the same "no nylon line from bottle to solenoid"
The SPRC approved the use of our nylon pipe for the start of this year, however there may be teething issues that some may encounter and any such issues should be reported to me, so I can resolve them.
Unfortunately I don't know how extensive the SPRC tech comittees opinion is and with so many governing bodies in different sectors of the sport, it may still be the case that some of them adhere to outadated thinking. However, if any of you guys would like to provide me with contact details for any such organisations, I'd do my best to enlighten them to the benefits of allowing the use of our pipe for the good of all concerned.

If you see some one picking up BMW K100 internals up off the track at shakey at the end of the month. that'll be me. wonder if they're as strong as people say they are? static test ok road test to come, but i picked up 2 more pulsoids last week ... 2 stages anyone?
I believe we've had a couple of K100s achieve good results over the years and as far as I'm aware they are a good engine, so I doubt you'll have any problems as long as you fit the system correctly, set it up right and don't get too greedy too soon.

OOOPS - SORRY - Pressed the edit button rather than the quote button. :redface:

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 am 
Site Admin

battyone wrote:
is your nylon line approved for drag racing "now" or will it be next season? because i'm hearing your line's ok (provided its new line with appropriate labelling/printing) from a car scrutineer, but braided only from 2 bike scrutineers(ACU) and racers/friends who have asked have been told the same "no nylon line from bottle to solenoid"
The SPRC approved the use of our nylon pipe for the start of this year, however there may be teething issues that some may encounter and any such issues should be reported to me, so I can resolve them.
Unfortunately I don't know how extensive the SPRC tech comittees opinion is and with so many governing bodies in different sectors of the sport, it may still be the case that some of them adhere to outadated thinking. However, if any of you guys would like to provide me with contact details for any such organisations, I'd do my best to enlighten them to the benefits of allowing the use of our pipe for the good of all concerned.

If you see some one picking up BMW K100 internals up off the track at shakey at the end of the month. that'll be me. wonder if they're as strong as people say they are? static test ok road test to come, but i picked up 2 more pulsoids last week ... 2 stages anyone?
I believe we've had a couple of K100s achieve good results over the years and as far as I'm aware they are a good engine, so I doubt you'll have any problems as long as you fit the system correctly, set it up right and don't get too greedy too soon.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:00 am 
Wizard

Thanks for prompt reply Trev, i expected me to be the one pressing wrong buttons not the wizard! this computer trickery is pretty new to me and that was my first post on any forum.
as you managed to edit one bit out i'll repeat, thanks to you and everyone involved in the forum for the headache i've got trying to absorb some of the knowledge and "un-common" sense that is so freely available here. Maybe someone (wizards) should start some new threads re: what is currently "state of the art" as there are some pretty special setups scattered about the forum without including "revo".

Back to the hose issue without naming and shaming, the car scrutineer is from shakey? the bike scrutineers are pod? so doesn't make much sense.

what about the labelling of the hose? i've got plenty, including some 5mm, but it is all plain black nothing to confirm it's yours(2nd hand kits... i know..)

I'll try and get my head round posting pics and start a post on the brick, see whatimprovements people can suggest on set up so far

ps believe we have an old friend in common Trev, Wayne Schreier, still raves about your early gear duo noids etc.
Regards nige

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:30 am 
Site Admin

battyone wrote:
Thanks for prompt reply Trev, i expected me to be the one pressing wrong buttons not the wizard! this computer trickery is pretty new to me and that was my first post on any forum.
I'm honoured that you chose to make your first ever post on my forum and I hope you continue to participate for a long time. I wish I could claim not to make mistakes but as anyone with any sense knows that would be a lie whoever claimed it. ;)

as you managed to edit one bit out i'll repeat,
Yes I'm sorry about that but it does show that far from editing out bad comments (when I don't edit ANY text under normal conditions), I edited out your positive comments. :clown:

thanks to you and everyone involved in the forum for the headache i've got trying to absorb some of the knowledge and "un-common" sense that is so freely available here. Maybe someone (wizards) should start some new threads re: what is currently "state of the art" as there are some pretty special setups scattered about the forum without including "revo".
I've been intending to start a new category sections and edit down the tech threads to just the informative details (so that means deleting most of Moos posts) :omgrofl: so that people can get through the posts quicker and soak up the knowledge but that will not be for awhile and will take a long time to carry out, so don't expect it soon.

Back to the hose issue without naming and shaming, the car scrutineer is from shakey? the bike scrutineers are pod? so doesn't make much sense.
The Pod rents out its track to other clubs, so that may have been the reason for the situation at the Pod. I'll have to look into how the various UK clubs decide on their rules and see if they are just being slow to follow the SPRC or if it'll take a personal representation to shift their out dated thinking.

what about the labelling of the hose? i've got plenty, including some 5mm, but it is all plain black nothing to confirm it's yours(2nd hand kits... i know..)
I'm sending the SPRC scrutineers a pipe gauge, because our pipe is thicker walled than any other, so the suitability can be determined that way.

I'll try and get my head round posting pics and start a post on the brick, see whatimprovements people can suggest on set up so far
If you look in our how to section, there's a thread on how to do that.

ps believe we have an old friend in common Trev, Wayne Schreier, still raves about your early gear duo noids etc.
Wayne is a great guy and was one of my first bike customers, he was also the one who played guinea pig when I first invented pulsed technology, so anyone who doubts I was the first to do it need only ask Wayne, as he sat on his bike at full throttle on the dyno, while I played with the pulse drive unit to vary the power over 25 years ago.
He was also informed/aware of the smooth progressive prototype that I invented/made at the same time but that was not tested on his bike.

Regards nige

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)