NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Important request to all my customers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

In our continual efforts to provide the best we can to our customers in all respects, it occured to me that it would be a good idea to ask you guys the following question;

In what ways can we improve any aspect of what we offer our customers, including new features on products, different products, how we offer the products, services in general, in fact ANYTHING you think we could improve on, please speak up now. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:22 pm 
Wizard

i cant see there being many replies to this one trev to be honest :)
if anything, more of the range of products u sell appearing on the website would be good, but i know thats something you are working on anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:33 pm 
Wizard

Get your products to market a bit swifter ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:35 pm 
Wizard

dave do u want them fast, or do u want them reliable? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:10 pm 
Wizard

Firstly, I would like to say that whatever shortcomings may be mentioned, the devotion and support is second to none!

The forum and it's community is equally impressive! Some forums are so far up their own arses it's a wonder they exist.

I will add my vote to the incomplete online catalogue issue. I'm sure sales would increase if all items were just a few clicks away. Obviously, there is a strong desire for WoN to vet any purchases to ensure the customer gets the best deal and some items are subject to tailoring/customisation.

Additionally, as funds are tight for me, I personally, would like to see what part-exchange items are for sale as and when they become available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:10 pm 
Learner

being picky:

The max extreme has 2 auto gearbox modes and a manual gearbox mode. The manual gearbox mode will shift the max into the next gear (next power curve) when the throttle switch is turned off and back on. This is fine.

However the max also does this in both auto modes so were you to back off enough to deactivate the nitrous, when you came back on it would automatically select the next gear's power curve. This will have you quickly ahead of yourself and more often than not the power is higher for higher gears - so you're overpowering the track and possibly don't have enough retard dialled in.

If I back off the nitrous i'm still accellerating, and like to know that when I reactivate the nitrous it'll be where I left it, and therefore manageable.

Basically I'd like the auto modes to be auto modes, only changing gear (power curve) by the method stated in the title - ie time increment and rev drop.

What do you think? :)

secondly I'd like some kind of weather machine - like they seem to have in the States - that makes It good weather on race day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 pm 
Wizard

MikeT wrote:

Additionally, as funds are tight for me, I personally, would like to see what part-exchange items are for sale as and when they become available.

i think that would actually be a really good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

Be as picky as you like and don't be concerned about offending me.
Compliments are all very nice but the only way to satisfy the customers to the max is to listen to even the smallest complaints.
We're already intending to act on the Max comment, so that should be sorted soon.

The part-exchange idea is a VERY GOOD one and has caused me to consider offering a full range of trade in options on all our products.
My initial thoughts are to offer an old for new option on ALL nitrous products with a minimum trade in value for ANY make of product, so no matter what garbage is currently on the vehicle, we'll take it in part X for our latest greatest equivalent products.

So even if you happen to be one of the handful of people who have been unfortunate enough to be suckered in to buying something from the Midland NUTTER, we'll even take that off your hands just to make the world a safer and more enjoyable place. LOL

BTW, good response to Dave's comment Kyle. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:13 pm 
Wizard

what you really need is for someone to invest in you to get your products to market...............how many products do you simply not have time to develop?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:15 pm 

Hi :)
Two things I can think of...

1, Clothing...you need a bigger range...T`shirts, Jackets, added to range...with BIG Won logos on.....high profit and easy free advertising....etc...

2, Your Nitrous suppliers list need checking ..its way out of date,,,,,in my county ..nobody on that list still supplies Nitrous....they ALL need ringing....and site adjusting...

Just a couple of suggestions :)

All the best Brett :)

Last edited by Brett928S2 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

TONS!!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Are you offering by any chance. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:25 pm 
Learner

I guess I can include stuff that is PIE in the sky and even if todays technology doesnt allow it yet....

SO:

for the "plug it in and go" market....(thats most humans)

a combined (all in one)

FUEL enrichment injector (optional for wet / dry applications)
Nitrous injector
and spark/glow plug

ALL IN ONE... :evil:

Regular spark / glow plug OUT...all in one IN......linked & timed via either distributor or ECU :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

:shock: You don't want much Rich!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:29 pm 
Wizard

I was thinking of the same but with a CCTV so you can see what's going on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:09 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:

BTW, good response to Dave's comment Kyle. ;)

Regards

glad to be of service, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Brett928S2 wrote:
Hi :)
Two things I can think of...

1, Clothing...you need a bigger range...T`shirts, Jackets, added to range...with BIG Won logos on.....high profit and easy free advertising....etc...
We've been working on that one and hope to add Jackets & shirts in the near future BUT it won't be on a high profit basis. We sell them at a lower profit margin than any of our other products, because we realise we are getting advertising from them.
Besides that I LOVE to see NOS gear out numbered by WON gear - :twisted:

2, Your Nitrous suppliers list need checking ..its way out of date,,,,,in my county ..nobody on that list still supplies Nitrous....they ALL need ringing....and site adjusting...
You wouldn't believe how much effort we put in to doing that but because companies go bust or change plans without informing us, it's a constant battle to keep it up to date.

Just a couple of suggestions :)
Any others welcome as you may come up with one we're not already on with. ;)

All the best Brett :)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:17 pm 
Wizard

I like the idea of a "trade in" page or a "pre owned" page of special offer items that could be updated every few days or so.
For those of us on tight budgets and for the new WON guys out there this could be a way to help with entry level equipment.

I dont think there is any company I know that will take stuff back when you upgrade with more of their equipment. And who will service the used item and offer a full guarantee again.

My controller and pulsoids are all pre owned items. And its nice to know that when I get my new manifold, I can chop the quad crossfire plate in for a Spider.

I have to admit that I very rarely go to the main site. I just log straight on here, and if I need help or info I just pick up the phone to get my (correct) answers. Which is also something you dont find many places these days.

Maybe there could be a special offers section on the forum itself.

And also maybe a swap shop / parts for sale section for other car /engine parts. I know most of us have access to this sort of thing on our car specific forums, but it cant hurt to advertise here as well eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Perry I was intending to use the forum as well as the main site to make such offers, so that you guys get the first chance at them. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:49 pm 
Learner

Maybe there should be a more comprehensive page of cars that have been WON'd. I know you have a page like this already but maybe it could be updated with all the recent cars you've done (with permission from the owners ofcourse). I think if a page like this were to be updated and/or created as a kind of testimonial thing, it could definately get you more business as people will feel more confident that their specific model has been done before... I know I would, and have yet to find a nos'd 350z. :?

Many people I have been chatting with seem to be under the impression that regardless of which kit you install and no matter how it is installed, it will affect the longevity of the engine... the harder the hit the less the life, and the more you use it too. I am still very unclear on this matter as I have no personal experience with nos.

Maybe you could clear this matter up as honestly as possible on your website so people know the risks involved; pros and cons. I mean it's okay if you have an older, cheaper car, but people that have more expensive motors will want this info more...

Even my own mechanic, who is brilliant and has been in the trade probably as long as I've been alive is advising me against it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:10 pm 
Learner

As a real newbie to the whole thing.... but have my date now for WON installation.. 8) i was surprised by how small the premises seemed... i guess i was expecting a big industrial unit with neon signs or somthing.. (lol.. only joking)... i get the impression you must be selling many more kits than actually fitting yourselves...??

i also get the impression from whats being sold on the likes of ebay etc.. that many people are 'dabbling' with NOS and buying a real 'hotch potch' of different parts from different companies, use it for a while and then when the initial enthusiasm has gone so does the kitt too.... I think if more people were to invest in a more 'complete package' not only would the results be better but it would educate other people better in the possibilities of Nitrous use... lots of kits i see for sale are using WON pulsoids but no heater or controller and barely a decent backet to hold the bottle to the floor... :? just looks like a couple of flimsy jubilee clips.. :?

Maybe WON could expand it's base and offer more 'general' high performance upgrades and other standard car servicing procedures and push it's contacts for Forged Pistons etc rather just it's Nitrous expertise which seems to me to be falling on 'deaf ears' slightly in the UK market which seems fairly small and ignorant by enlarge....

Maybe i talk crap but i think maybe more buisness is more buisness whether it is Nitrous specific or not... might get the name more nationally recognised than it is already.... :!:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 pm 
Learner

sab wrote:
Maybe there should be a more comprehensive page of cars that have been WON'd. I know you have a page like this already but maybe it could be updated with all the recent cars you've done (with permission from the owners ofcourse). I think if a page like this were to be updated and/or created as a kind of testimonial thing, it could definately get you more business as people will feel more confident that their specific model has been done before... I know I would, and have yet to find a nos'd 350z. :?

Many people I have been chatting with seem to be under the impression that regardless of which kit you install and no matter how it is installed, it will affect the longevity of the engine... the harder the hit the less the life, and the more you use it too. I am still very unclear on this matter as I have no personal experience with nos.

Maybe you could clear this matter up as honestly as possible on your website so people know the risks involved; pros and cons. I mean it's okay if you have an older, cheaper car, but people that have more expensive motors will want this info more...

Even my own mechanic, who is brilliant and has been in the trade probably as long as I've been alive is advising me against it...

mm an interesting post... in my experience , i know some good mechanics... i would say ALL of them know VERY LITTLE about Nitrous.... even the ones who i know attempt to install it occasionally... :shock:

i think if you drive hard you should service hard...full stop!...

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:05 pm 
Learner

eldoodarino wrote:
sab wrote:

mm an interesting post... in my experience , i know some good mechanics... i would say ALL of them know VERY LITTLE about Nitrous.... even the ones who i know attempt to install it occasionally... :shock:

i think if you drive hard you should service hard...full stop!...

:mrgreen:

Yep agree.....

when I was researching nitrous, I visited MANY tuning / performance auto mechanics...and you wouldnt beleive the negative comments advice I got from them.......

..either they simply didnt know anything about nitrous apart from the hearsay that thay had heared over the years and didnt want to be seen as "unknowledgable"

or they had genuine knowledge and expreience of what must have been badly planned, installed, used etc generic US based kits...and that they simply didnt know about the Highpower Systems Kits

may be I should visit these places again now that my feeble 988cc micra has been transformed and is as reliable and as efficient as ever with Trevs kit installed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

sab wrote:
I'd love to do that and we try our best to find the time to do it (as it's a very time consuming job) but something else more pressing always takes priority. Anthony is the only person in my company (so far) that has the experience, etc. to do that on the web site, so when I get chance I add as many as I can (of the high end customers) to the forum. One thing I have decided to do, is arrange a dedicated section of the forum to achieve this goal, because I can do that myself. One thing that I've never given enough priority is taking pics of the 1,000s of vehicles that have and do use my systems, which had I done so would have made this job a lot easier now.
I'm also intending to weed out the most important and most viewed tech threads and put them in a specific section, so that past threads that have been very informative are not lost in the vastness of the growing number of general threads.

That's TRUE about ALL nitrous kits BUT it is NOT true about WON nitrous systems. I have covered this in IMMENSE DEPTH in small sections on NUMEROUS threads on the forum. The reasons it's been covered on numerous threads is because the reasons for why this is the case are NUMEROUS and to some extent quite complex.
If you read the tech threads on the advanced section, you should find more threads than you have time to read, which all prove my statement is correct.
I could try and condense some of those tech threads here for you now BUT whatever I say some people will still assume I'm full of sales bullshit (which is TOTALLY UNTRUE), so I think the best response I can give is "ask my CUSTOMERS if any of them have suffered premature wear or failure" and as there are plenty of them here to answer that question, you should be convinced by their EXPERIENCE.
Of all the people you have spoken to who have given you negative advice, I would bet EVERYTHING I OWN that not a single one of them has ever used a WON system, so what good is their advice?
Comments from anyone who hasn't EXPERIENCED our products is just as worthless as if I told you that child birth was a doddle, because without the EXPERIENCE the comment is worthless.
The people whose advice is worth listening to are (in order of importance);
1) A person who has used ANY other make of nitrous kit and has then switched to mine, because they have EXPERIENCE OF BOTH - Perry is a good example.
2) A person who has been using my system for a long time and as many of my customers have owned and used my systems for MANY years, you should be able to find a few with that EXPERIENCE.
Something else you might like to keep in mind, is that I've been in the nitrous business for almost 30 years now, whilst EVERY other company that has been solely dedicated to nitrous sales has failed within a few years. The reason for the difference in the time in business, is the difference between cobbled together generic parts which are sold just for a quick profit (by the MANY companies who have been and gone) and WON products which are specifically designed to deliver EXCEPTIONAL reliability and performance.

Maybe you could clear this matter up as honestly as possible on your website so people know the risks involved; pros and cons.
There's one thing you can be CERTAIN of more than any other, HONESTY is my downfall, because if anything I am TOO HONEST for my own good. :evil:
EVERY factor for and against nitrous has been covered HONESTLY in numerous threads throughout this forum (as well as in my book) but as I mentioned above, I will be trying to weed out the most important threads, because it's my bet that new visitors to the forum can't see the wood for the trees, as the saying goes.

I mean it's okay if you have an older, cheaper car, but people that have more expensive motors will want this info more...
Actually people with older cars need this info more than people with new cars usually, because the guys with the newer cars normally have more money to rectify any problems than the guys who can only afford a cheap old car. Consequently I don't differentiate between my customers and they all get the same treatment and I'm sure there will be many here that can testify to that.
The fact that we have had MANY customers come to us with BRAND NEW EXPENSIVE cars (we have a brand new Roush Mustang GT - £40,000 worth, in for fitting at present), should prove that the people WITHOUT THE EXPERIENCE of our products, are to be IGNORED!

If I spoke to EVERY F1 mechanic in the world, I'd bet that 99% of them would say the same BUT since 100% of them are unlikely to have experienced a WON system their advice would be WORTHLESS.
A customer WITH WON EXPERIENCE is worth more than the opinions of 100 F1 mechanics WITHOUT SUCH EXPERIENCE. :idea:

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

eldoodarino wrote:
As a real newbie to the whole thing.... but have my date now for WON installation.. 8) i was surprised by how small the premises seemed... i guess i was expecting a big industrial unit with neon signs or somthing.. (lol.. only joking)...
Don't let appearances deceive you, my premises are almost 1 acre in size (although we don't use most of it as we don't need to) and as has been said to me by many high end customers, it's not the premises that the customer is buying, plus who do you think would be paying for bigger, fancier premises through bigger profits? ;) :idea:
Most of my customers come to use via either mail order or our network of agents, so we don't need an impressive premises, especially when our products are SO IMPRESSIVE. ;)

i get the impression you must be selling many more kits than actually fitting yourselves...??
Correct, as we encourage customers to fit our systems themselves, to save them the expense of having us fit them but on average we fit at least 1 a week and finish off 2 or 3 for customers who have not quite managed to complete the job.

i also get the impression from whats being sold on the likes of ebay etc.. that many people are 'dabbling' with NOS and buying a real 'hotch potch' of different parts from different companies, use it for a while and then when the initial enthusiasm has gone so does the kitt too.... I think if more people were to invest in a more 'complete package' not only would the results be better but it would educate other people better in the possibilities of Nitrous use... lots of kits i see for sale are using WON pulsoids but no heater or controller and barely a decent backet to hold the bottle to the floor... :? just looks like a couple of flimsy jubilee clips.. :?
Couldn't agree more but in the current poor economic climate, I think its going to get worse before it gets better.

Maybe WON could expand it's base and offer more 'general' high performance upgrades and other standard car servicing procedures and push it's contacts for Forged Pistons etc rather just it's Nitrous expertise which seems to me to be falling on 'deaf ears' slightly in the UK market which seems fairly small and ignorant by enlarge....
That's exactly what we used to do but as demand for our systems went through the roof approx. 10 years ago, we concentrated solely on that but late last year we started to re-introduce the products that we'd phased out and we hope to add the growing product range to our web site in the near future.

Maybe i talk crap but i think maybe more buisness is more buisness whether it is Nitrous specific or not... might get the name more nationally recognised than it is already.... :!:
No that's not crap which is why we're already on that path.

Before I let this thread continue, let me first stress that the thread is NOT about improving the way I run the business for MY GOOD, it's about how I improve it for YOUR GOOD, so although the comments in the last few posts are welcome and appreciated, they are somewhat off target.
;)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chris

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)