NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:58 am 
Learner

Here's another WON....er I mean one from me...

I realise you guys are stowed out with many projects....but a couple of projects that you guys have on the back burner are those that I think would make your product range much more sellable to people who may be chosing between WON or OTHER while they are using only their eyes and their wallets to compare.

Refilling:
First off has to be development of the PURPOSE DESIGNED & MANUFACTURED quick release bottle valve....
The Q/R bottle bracket is ace, and the quick release bottle heater wiring is ace too......but the nitrous line still has to be plumbed-in with the compression joint....I realise that if you have the tools handy, it's not a huge ball ache, but this is not to far removed from how OTHER kits connect the line to the bottle...I realise that any extra valves & stuff can screw with liquid flow and phase change but you guys have the know how..I guess you could incorporate your topsecret solenoid seat & seal technology in such a thing? To be really usefull though these valves could be sold as a set (optional that allows for the Q/R to be used on the various refilling configurations)....one for the master bottle etc

Accellerate the REVO development:
WON pulsoids are fantastic and we all know that they kick seven (zillion) shades out of any other single or pulsed solenoid.....but to me the REVO is worlds ahead and is so far removed from the concept from a pulsoid or solenoid...anyone comparing your kit against others with their eyes and wallet only would be stopped in their tracks and think....."hang on...this looks completely different....what are these REVO things all about then?"

I think this one is new:
More for the stealthy among us:
At the Fast show...I REALLY wanted a bling advertising sticker....but I refused myself the joy because I want my car to be wearing a nitrous-cloaking device 99% of the time when Im not at a show or event... (dont want to draw attention to the wrong audience)....so I was thinking some kind of easy-on / easy-off (reusable or disposable) BLING stickers for race days or shows....?? I thought of soft flexible magnetic ones at first but then I thought they might come off half way down the track :-(...then I wondered about those soft plasic graphics that you can apply to the inside of any window....even if it has a slight curve on the glass

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

bobc455 wrote:
Is there any room to change the external shape of the solenoids? Instead of a tall skinny solenoid, some applications might be better suited to a short/fat solenoid (as an example). Or maybe different inlet/outlet locations.
The current shape, size and configuration are all pre-determined by the requirements to achieve best performance, so although we can implement some plans we have to change some aspects of the designs, in the main they will remains the same by necessity.
Anyone who wants a change will eventually be able to buy Revos and you don't get more of a change in design than those.
:twisted:

You get the idea.

-BC

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Last edited by Noswizard on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

WISC wrote:
I realise you guys are stowed out with many projects....
You can say that again!!!!!

Refilling:
First off has to be development of the PURPOSE DESIGNED & MANUFACTURED quick release bottle valve....
Makes sense, so we'll take a look at that ASAP

Accellerate the REVO development:
It's our number one priority but for some reason other things keep getting in the way and our main project vehicle has had other issues to deal with. However we're confident we've made further progress over the past few months and we intend to fit the system to the Smart in the very near future, to show what it can do in a whole new way.
Such a radical product is best served by being THOROUGH in all respects, before being launched and that's why it's not generally available just yet.
One of the very reasons I took the Revo route was to make a CLEAR CUT DISTINCTION between WON systems and the rest of the antiquated garbage out there, so I fully agree with your comments.

I think this one is new:
More for the stealthy among us:
At the Fast show...I REALLY wanted a bling advertising sticker....but I refused myself the joy because I want my car to be wearing a nitrous-cloaking device 99% of the time when Im not at a show or event... (dont want to draw attention to the wrong audience)....so I was thinking some kind of easy-on / easy-off (reusable or disposable) BLING stickers for race days or shows....?? I thought of soft flexible magnetic ones at first but then I thought they might come off half way down the track :-(...then I wondered about those soft plasic graphics that you can apply to the inside of any window....even if it has a slight curve on the glass
A magnetic sticker on the outside would probably get nicked rather than fall off, because Ant even had some twat try and nick his adhesive vinyl from the back of his car.
An internal sticker like those used to hold a tax disc would be a good option, so if Big Dave has any suggestions on that I'd like to hear them.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Last edited by Noswizard on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:57 pm 
Wizard

The problem with interior vinyl is that the sticky doesn't lend itself to flippy trippy colours. Solids are ok as they are much more forgiving to imperfect light transmission. Trev, fit one of the stickers to the inside of the window to see what I mean..........OK it will be backwards when viewed from the outside - but you have an imagination :P

The self cling stuff is ok, but you wont get anything fancy.

External magnetec ones would be fine, but with the scum that attends the Pod they wouldn't last long at all!

My suggestion is fork out £1.75 extra when you go to the pod, put on a sticker and then remove it after the event!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:18 pm 
Wizard

I've got some magnetic stickers with the MG Drag Racing Club logo on Rich. They dont come off my car on the strip. I had one on the dorr at 120mph and it was fine.
But since the last time we used them. They have all ended up on mates fridge doors as giant fridge magnets for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:23 pm 
Learner

I'm completely hooked on WON products and I really think you are doing an excellent job BUT can you please put that remotelly operated (electric?) bottle valve in production before the summer? :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:45 pm 
Wizard

i just leave the bottle open all the time, i've got "The Faith" lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Nitti wrote:
I'm completely hooked on WON products and I really think you are doing an excellent job BUT can you please put that remotelly operated (electric?) bottle valve in production before the summer? :mrgreen:

Thanks for that Nitti and I'll do my best but I can't promise anything as it's more likely to be next summer. Meanwhile you can follow Kyles advice on that one.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:53 am 
Wizard

me i would like to see a copper or s/steel pipe kit with the bending tool as an optional kit

why just looks so nice thats all :-) , nylon works pucker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Metal pipes may look good but nylon is better for performance. ;)

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:04 am 
Wizard

i know that ya told me before ;) must say i still like look of them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:07 am 
Wizard

still recon the best idea to date is the customers cars bikes and there personal statment on you and your systems on your web site would be a good way forward

def a see what my customers say page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:03 pm 
Wizard

Tezz
For metal pipes, read CONDENSER!!!

We need to flow the good stuff while stopping it from trying to turn our lines into a cooling system...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Here's a summary of the ideas you guys have posted and the current situation with them;

OK guys so in summary it looks like this;

1) Bring new products to market quicker - if only!!!!
2) Add more/all products to online shop - if only but that's probably more doable than point 1
3) Design a weather machine - IF ONLY but I'll see what I can do once I've got the current new products all sorted. lol
4) Offer more clothing - working on that
5) Add even more features to the Max - working on that
6) Design a combined fuel enrichment injector (optional for wet / dry applications), nitrous injector
and spark/glow plug - in your dreams
7) As above with CCTV - mission impossible
8) Promote trade in offers on forum - in hand see end of post
9) More customers cars shown on the site/forum - in hand
10) Add testimonial section - ASAP
11) Interest free credit - in this day and age that's even more difficult now.
12) Offer a NOS refill adaptor - in hand
13) Quick Release bottle to pipe connector - ASAP
14) Electric bottle valve - Designed but ASAP

Of all these I think the most important is the trade in upgrades and so I've decided to make the following offer.

Trade in ANY nitrous component/product (old or new ours or anyone else's) and we'll give you UP TO 50% OFF A NEW WON EQUIVALENT.

Once again that's trade in ANY OTHER nitrous component against THE EQUIVALENT NEW WON component.
So if you've got a NX or a NOS kit (new or knackered), you can trade it in against a NEW WON system or if you've got a Schnitz or a NX controller, you can trade it in against a NEW Max Extreme.

It's OLD for NEW time at WON but ONLY for a limited time, so make the best of this offer while you can!!!!

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

While other companies sell you what they want (which is seldom what's good for you), we give you what you ask for!!!! :)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:42 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Of all these I think the most important is the trade in upgrades and so I've decided to make the following offer.

Trade in ANY nitrous component/product (old or new ours or anyone else's) and we'll give you UP TO 50% OFF A NEW WON EQUIVALENT.

Once again that's trade in ANY OTHER nitrous component against THE EQUIVALENT NEW WON component.
So if you've got a NX or a NOS kit (new or knackered), you can trade it in against a NEW WON system or if you've got a Schnitz or a NX controller, you can trade it in against a NEW Max Extreme.

It's OLD for NEW time at WON but ONLY for a limited time, so make the best of this offer while you can!!!!

Regards

*linked to the German Dragracing Board* :D

and i´ll send you a PM.

Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 pm 
Wizard

Does that mean if I trade in my MiniMax. I can get a Max Extreme for half price??
Sorry if I'm being thick :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Perry, I posted the UP TO in bold to make sure everyone noticed it and the reason for the UP TO is that I can't anticipate the condition and spec of the parts that will be traded in, so I have to give myself some flexibility to deal with all eventualities. therefore what it means if you could get UP TO 50% off a Max depending on what you trade in, now had you been trading in a good condition Maximiser you'd get a better trade in deal than a good Minimax.
The thing to do is either send it in (or send pics) so I can cast my eye over it and give you a value against a new Max.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: Important request to all my customers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:07 am 
Learner

Maybe a selection of a few billet brackets to mount your pulsoids to. I know there's infanate ways to do installs. but a strait tab and/or maybe a 90 degree tab. It'd probably work for half the guys doing installs at home. Sure we could take a piece of flat bar, use a vise, and drill it out. But why not have brakets that match the color and quatitly of your pulsoids finnish? Just being picky!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 am 
Site Admin

We try to avoid using alloy for brackets because we've found they crack too easily. The current polished SS brackets have never been known to fail and can be bent to whatever angle is required, either by the customer or prior to despatch and are predrilled.

We used to supply the Pulsoids with matching alloy bracket and retaining nut but switched to polished SS to avoid cracked brackets.

We're always happy to offer custom parts in addition to our stock range, so if anyone would like a specific arrangement then all you need to do is give us a rough idea of what you'd like and then leave the rest to us. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:24 pm 
Learner

Oh ok great! I did not see this sevice advertised, but if thats the case Good Stuff! Nothing wrong with Stainless, beats having some mild steel thats spray painted or something! :D