NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nitrous rip off companies falling like flies LOL
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Well it's been on the cards for a good few months and it now seems CERTAIN (due to lack of a web presence) that not only has Midland Nutter gone bust but also the BASTARD who unscrupulously used my .co.uk sites to steal my business a couple of years ago, has also followed suit.

To say I'm happy would be a GROSS UNDER STATEMENT but I'm not just happy for myself, I'm happiest because these rip off scum bags are no longer selling garbage to poor unsuspecting novices, although I suspect they'll still be peddling some dregs on Ebay for a while.

I'm starting to lose count of the number of FLY BY NIGHT nitrous companies that have come and gone in the UK and what's really amazing is that they've all claimed to be "EXPERTS" and all claimed that they'd put me out of business, yet NONE of them has lasted much more than a couple of years and THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!

There's still one or two more to go and when they've gone, the British public can breath easy in the knowledge that they are not being tempted to buy any more nitrous JUNK.

It will still leave them having to appreciate that the remaining US import stuff is not what it claims to be and should be avoided but at least the cheap and nasty home brewed garbage is no longer being peddled on the open market.
:wav: :wav:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: Nitrous rip off companies falling like flies LOL
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 am 

Hi Trev :)

Phew thats a relief, it will stop me getting angry when I see their rubbish claims on Ebay...

In my experience, with people like that, you have to wait them out as eventually they go out of business as ripping off customers is a one off thing as they never return...

The only problem is that sometimes new rip off artists appear as they think they can do it better :(

It happens in my Computer shop business as well...

People say to me...how come you have been here over 10 years and those other shops closed down ?

I always answer the same...because WE CARE about service and they only care about quick one off profits...

That service costs me money , as I am sure yours does, but long term its kept me going, with repeat customers who come back time after time...

Example...about a month ago a lady in her sixties came in and said she wanted a new computer from us as she bought her last one from us....

As I didn't remember her...I asked when....she said 1998....lol...

I said has it been ok ? She said it had NEVER gone wrong in 10 years....apart from a couple of software problems that I had helped her with over the phone a couple of times for free....(which I didn't remember)...but like her it was getting a bit slow now :)

So she bought another of our Custom Computers from us at £1100 (cheaper than the £1600 in 1998) and I installed it and set it all up at her home for free and did it personally :)

She offered me a £10 tip lol....I said no thanks , just come back in 10 years for the next one :)

She said...I certainly will :)

Those businesses that I have outlasted would have been horrified at doing anything for free....but they are GONE.....and I am still around, but that type of person, like your NUTTER can never see that......

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:54 am 

Not had any direct dealings with them, but have seen all the nonsense they have tried to pull with the forum etc, so sounds like its one headache less for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Very true Brett.

I just dropped Midland nutter a "polite" :omgrofl: compilation of my thoughts about his passing and received a typical nutter reply. :omgrofl: :loser:

WHAT A LOSER! :loser: :loser:

Another one bites the dust, Yeah!!! :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:06 pm 
Learner

Ouch!

I've never know you have such strong views, you must have good reason!!!! All I can say is in my 3-4 years of looking for the perfect power hike, from TurboTechnics super chargers to Honda Civic K20A VVTi engine change forums the posts I read on this site made me make the commitment for a WON system in January this year and I've never looked back!!! I dare not, to busy looking forward :D :D :D

0-60mph in 4.38 seconds in a N/A 1800cc K-Engine says it all :twisted: That's down to one thing, experience in developing the solution! Not people out to soak up other peoples ideas, not pure ackademics, just experience and strong passion for speed.

I am glad I choose this route, even if one day the head gasket gives up after the punishment it's getting! 2.5K with daily nitrous use, two sets of tyres in 5 months and still going strong!

Thanks to you (and the team!!!) I need to find out more about nitrous boots system over heater blanket... My continued quest...

Long Marston Stratford-on-Avon tomorrow, weather looks good so far and wanna find out what all this talk about building a new town at airfield is all about :tard:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Well after getting confirmation that Turbobits is NO MORE, I can joyfully state that another one bites the dust, Yeah!!!

Only 2 more to go, although the odd cowboy keeps crawling out of the woodwork, to sell a few generic kits on Ebay, that they think they can turn a profit on.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Well Holley went bust last year and after dumping all its debts on its creditors was no doubt snatched up for a song by someone with some cash to spare and it now appears Ny-Trex has changed hands, on the premis that it was bought out and my bet is that the original owners were struggling so bad that they had to bail out before they followed Holley.

Whilst discussing Ny-Trex, an interesting fact has come to light, despite them being a US based company, I've yet to encounter more than the odd American who has even heard of them, yet here we are at WON all those 1,000s of miles away, making a small but growing dent in the US market. :mrgreen:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:36 am 
Learner

Ny-Trex??? The Max Extreme and Pusoids are far superior products in my experiences. Keep pushing :shock: !!!!