NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Turbobits - the company - any news?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

One of the scum who tried to get a free ride on the back of my hard work traded under the name of Turbobits but it seems he's given up or lost his website, so before I start celebrating that yet another low life has gone out of business, can anyone confirm it either way from first hand knowledge.

For the record this guy was selling Dynotune garbage, so if he has gone under that's one less inferior brand available in the UK, to temp potential customers away from a reliable, high quality product and save their engine in the process. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Turbobits - the company - any news?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:32 pm 
Wizard

There was someone trading on ebay under that name.Not seen any dyno tune bits on there for a while.

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:06 pm 

the turbobits online shop closed down ages ago, but afaik red dragon styling have bought them out (i think) :tard:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Well I just wish somebody had told me sooner, so I could have celebrated earlier. :occasion7: :wav: :occasion7:

At least that's a major step in the right direction, because that LOW LIFE SCUM who ran Turbobits was and probably still is an outright THIEF.

For those who don't know, when I bought myself suitable domain names, I only bought .com versions being totally unaware of what some SCUM are capable of.

When the Turbobits SCUM started up, he bought the following domain names;
www.wizardsofnos.co.uk & www.noswizard.co.uk
and used them to re-direct any of MY new potential customers who were looking for my site, to his site - STEALING my potential business - like I said LOW LIFE SCUM.

We didn't discover his theft for a good few months, so he no doubt stole a good number of potential customers from us, as well as mislead those customers by presenting himself as our company.

Luckily the law states that it is ILLEGAL for anyone to own a domain name that is not pertinent to their company. Obviously he could not make such a claim, when those domain names were so obviously suited to my company, so as soon as I turned my solicitors on him, he was forced to relinquish them to me FOC and he's lucky I didn't press to have him bloody crucified.

I checked out Red Dragon and this is all I could find of any interest;
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t34qMj7zLBc

Now that's all very nice and great entertainment but in this economic climate it's not going to do the company as much good, as if they'd spent the money or put the effort in to improving a web site (for example) and surprise, surprise I've tried calling their 'mobile only' number all day and only get an answer phone, so either they've packed in or they're being run badly.
Why is it that cheap crap nitrous kits gravitate towards unsavory and incompetent businesses????

Oh well one more down, only 2 more to go and the UK will be rid of the major importation of JUNK nitrous kits, that is until another cowboy decides to have a go at ripping off the general public.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!