NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Business situation
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:18 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
I'm keeping my options COMPLETELY open and will consider all possibilities and any proposals.

Has there been any progress yet? I agree with the above comments about you being a key component of the company and as such, unless you do continue to provide consultations etc, a big chunk of goodwill will go with you and in business, goodwill is a very valuable commodity. No disrespect to Ant and other key members of course.

If the company was launched on the stock exchange, I would not hesitate to buy shares, that's for sure.

Again, as commented on above, I think it would be very beneficial if you were to buy in some marketing consultants to increase awareness, sales and output, then sell off a big enough share (to raise your retirement capital) while retaining enough control to keep things in order and to also bring you a regular income as well.

You can back away from the company over time but I fear to leave it lock, stock and barrel now could prove disastrous to WON as competitors will be vying to buy control with the sole intent of running/shutting it down.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:02 am 
Site Admin

MikeT wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
I'm keeping my options COMPLETELY open and will consider all possibilities and any proposals.

Has there been any progress yet? I agree with the above comments about you being a key component of the company and as such, unless you do continue to provide consultations etc, a big chunk of goodwill will go with you and in business, goodwill is a very valuable commodity. No disrespect to Ant and other key members of course.

If the company was launched on the stock exchange, I would not hesitate to buy shares, that's for sure.

Again, as commented on above, I think it would be very beneficial if you were to buy in some marketing consultants to increase awareness, sales and output, then sell off a big enough share (to raise your retirement capital) while retaining enough control to keep things in order and to also bring you a regular income as well.

You can back away from the company over time but I fear to leave it lock, stock and barrel now could prove disastrous to WON as competitors will be vying to buy control with the sole intent of running/shutting it down.

Thanks for the support Mike and I've got all that in mind.
Haven't made any progress as we're having an extremely busy month and it looks like ending as the best increase we've had over the equivalent month last year so far. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
[...we're having an extremely busy month and it looks like ending as the best increase we've had over the equivalent month last year so far. :twisted:
That's great news all round as the sooner you sell off enough of the pulsoids, the sooner the REVO's will be mainstream? :yes: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm 

MikeT wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
[...we're having an extremely busy month and it looks like ending as the best increase we've had over the equivalent month last year so far. :twisted:
That's great news all round as the sooner you sell off enough of the pulsoids, the sooner the REVO's will be mainstream? :yes: :mrgreen:

Hi Mike :)

Oy.....I am first on those Revos, so dont get any ideas :)

You could always sell "some" shares Trev ??

I would definitely buy some...

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
Haven't made any progress as we're having an extremely busy month and it looks like ending as the best increase we've had over the equivalent month last year so far. :twisted:

in the words of some usa president, the sleeping giant has awoken, TO WON! :twisted:
its a bummer you dont want to setup a USA department, id run it for you no problems :D
floridas good ;)

ps, i can also hit a moving target at 30metres with a glock 9mm if theres any trouble :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:11 am 
Learner

i could set up sales outta my house and move the hell outta these things. just with the internet...garunteed. the product speaks for itself. even holding it in your hand, before you hook it up, you know its a better product

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:53 pm 
Wizard

xclr82xtc wrote:
i could set up sales outta my house and move the hell outta these things. just with the internet...garunteed. the product speaks for itself. even holding it in your hand, before you hook it up, you know its a better product

By that reckoning you should be able to buy WON products at your corner store, because Trev has had a decent website and US dealers for a good 3 years now.
You overestimate your fellow countryfolk's capacity for appreciation of a products capabilities from it's look and feel.
Even people who've run against WON equiped cars remain suspicious of "the wierd Brit system"

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

Loopy wrote:
xclr82xtc wrote:

By that reckoning you should be able to buy WON products at your corner store, because Trev has had a decent website and US dealers for a good 3 years now.
You overestimate your fellow countryfolk's capacity for appreciation of a products capabilities from it's look and feel.
Even people who've run against WON equiped cars remain suspicious of "the wierd Brit system"

X2 - SADLY

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:57 am 
Learner

Loopy wrote:
xclr82xtc wrote:

why the negativity loopy? if you guys dont think positive, you never succeed..

the point is, that you guys aren't american racers you arent over here representin, you need someone here PUSHING your procuct. which is EASILY done. .....and americans are impatient....period. they dont want to wait for a product to get to them from over seas, if they were state side, and advertised, they would sell. I know they would, because american racers also like a quality product that gets them their moneys worth. we all know the quality. Get some to HTP trev, or even me, you just tell me how much you want me to pay, pay the advertising for frank, (because it will get you on his new car site to) eventually you will HAVE to have an american supplier. plus shipping in bulk cost less lol.

get em on the scene, and let them do the walking.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:34 am 
Learner

xclr82xtc wrote:
the point is, that you guys aren't american racers you arent over here representin, you need someone here PUSHING your procuct. which is EASILY done. .....and americans are impatient....period. they dont want to wait for a product to get to them from over seas, if they were state side, and advertised, they would sell. I know they would, because american racers also like a quality product that gets them their moneys worth. we all know the quality. Get some to HTP trev, or even me, you just tell me how much you want me to pay, pay the advertising for frank, (because it will get you on his new car site to) eventually you will HAVE to have an american supplier. plus shipping in bulk cost less lol.

I suspect there are a number of projects that will be "representing" WON in various racing environments...the trick is to score some magazine covers with an innovative car. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:04 pm 
Wizard

xclr82xtc wrote:
why the negativity loopy? if you guys dont think positive, you never succeed..

It isn't negativity at all, not one little bit.
Trev's had / got US dealers
Trev's kept the costs artificially down to compensate for the exchange rate
Trev's had "decent" web presense for going on 3 years
Yet going on 99.9% of Americans I've spoken to have all said the same things;
"Yeah, nice product."
"Gee, sure looks small, Sure it's powerful ?"
"Will that plastic pipe hold up?"
Who have you got running the numbers ?
Wham, that's your brick wall right there.
Trev's had WON systems at various tracks but because it isn't on the winning cars it isn't trusted.
Trev's had WON systems on several car club vehicles, yet the rest of the club won't trust it because it isn't winning on the tracks.
In general, people are either put off progressive due to other systems not working progressive and not trusting this one can, or put off because it's a bit of an unknown, or put off because it's small, or put off because it doesn't need a ton of jet maps etc, etc, etc.
TIME and front running cars is about the only thing that's going to make it work over there.
The TIME part is slowly kicking in, US sales increase month on month
But i'll be the first to wish you luck and congratulate you if you get the stuff really moving. :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

SADLY X2 YET AGAIN!!! :cry:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:39 pm 
Learner

As brief as it was (in spring of last year) I am so glad to have met the man and legend. Your business, your knowledge and your personallity has WON me over. We had a brief conversation and now a year later, I am yet another addict. Hope we can meet up again some day.

98.16 MPH

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:22 pm 
Learner

that kind of thinking is not gonna get you anywhere. like i said, push the product, once a few people have them, and start running the numbers, it will pick up. thats how it ALWAYS works. just putting them on one fast car isnt gonna do anything. you need multiple people using them.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:28 pm 
Wizard

Although I have stated more than once that I think a lot money should be spent on marketing etc I think I can wholly understand why Trev might not want to allow it (it's not just because he's a typcially prudent Yorkshireman :lol: ) - and you have to respect his choice because...

Yes, it might not be a good business model in the world of commerce but then, as Trev has said, good business models go under when in trouble yet WON has survived every recession, every setback for decades because of his choices :!:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:01 pm 
Learner

no need to spend a ton of money...just put together a simple phamplet with all the FACTS, and a cost list. 1000 of them would only cost a little bit, and thats 1000 people to spread the word.

im about to get my shop advertised on psychobike, and if trev clears it, then im gonna advertise his stuff for him. :D lol

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:14 pm 
Wizard

xclr82xtc wrote:
that kind of thinking is not gonna get you anywhere. like i said, push the product, once a few people have them, and start running the numbers, it will pick up. thats how it ALWAYS works. just putting them on one fast car isnt gonna do anything. you need multiple people using them.

Why do you seem to think I (and Trev) are pessimistic, hangdog attitude kind of people ??????
I think I can safely say we're both eternal optimists, but obviously we're realists too.

Although Trev can appear pushy here and on other boards he's never piled his kit high and sold it cheap, Nor has he EVER given away product / sponsorship (although he does operate a payback sponsorship scheme)
Simple reason is he wants his customers to learn the kit, learn the methods and learn how to get the best from it.
Something he's achieved very well is a distinct lack of disatisfied customers and I doubt that's something he'd ever change for the sake of a few more sales.
I lost a sale because Trev wouldn't supply larger jets without the results of the starter jets.
Trev was HAPPY to lose that sale so I'm sure that while he'd like more US sales he wouldn't want them at the cost of engine failures through ignorance.
But like I said, good luck. Shift 4 kits in June and i'll buy you a beer :cheers: :yes:
(Been here 4 years and spent many a night helping Trev out at 2am on a US board)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Currently haven't got time to say a lot about this but I can assure you JC that neither Loopy or I are negative about ANYTHING quite the opposite. :yes:

Just for the record JC, Loopy is probably my strongest supporter and certainly the guy who understands my products, my business and my reasoning more than anyone else. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:01 am 
Learner

i hope you guys dont think im tryin to give you any grief! :D I just think its ashamed that people are being kept so ignorant, lol. Mainly by big business in the US.

we just need to get people educated, and then let them decide for theirselves. Ill be honest, until a couple months ago, i thought that nitrous express carbon fiber solenoids were the be all and end all of everything nitrous lol. and i have been into racing ALL my life. Now if I didnt know, whats that say for the average weekend racer?

Tell you what Trev, I've got plenty of software on my computer. Im gonna make up a Pamphlet, and email it to you. If you approve it, ill print them and start handing them out at events i go to. i wont have more than a pack of paper invested and it cant hurt right? I just have the urge to support companies like WON. If more people would, then customer service and products from other companies wouldnt be so CRAPPY today. thats why i hate to see you retire at this point, because things like the revo will be lost for many years. ) i cant say that for certain, but it is a fact that it has happened.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:12 am 
Learner

Loopy wrote:
Trev was HAPPY to lose that sale so I'm sure that while he'd like more US sales he wouldn't want them at the cost of engine failures through ignorance.

thats another thing about americans, you cant tell em nothin...you gotta let em find out for them selves!!! :D:D, warn them, give them the bigger nitrous jets, and if they blow the motor, its on them. Other people will say, "well you shouldnt of put such a big jet in it" ...not..."WON is junk becuase it did what it was supposed to" lol

and like i said, once they become main stream, they will speak for themselves.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:42 pm 
Wizard

xclr82xtc wrote:
I just have the urge to support companies like WON. If more people would, then customer service and products from other companies wouldnt be so CRAPPY today. thats why i hate to see you retire at this point, because things like the revo will be lost for many years.

We all used to have a little joke in our SIGs about our "Disciple number" (actually just our member number)
Because, like you, most people who get into the WON way of thinking just want to go out and "throw the money lenders out of the temples"
NX and NOS cost me dear despite costing less when I started out, I've been "on a mission" ever since........... ;)
Now go out, run the numbers and preach from the only pulpit that seems to matter, the Podium !
The "never blown up" reliability bit seems lost on most people who seem to EXPECT blow ups from nitrous :banghead:

Last edited by Loopy on Sun May 31, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

I'm beginning to sound like a parrot but it's much quicker than repeating whatever Loopy says, so here we go again .... X2

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)