NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: HTP Performance run TWO world records with WON
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

HTP Performance (Cecil Towner and his team Keith Thomson & Richard Gadson) came home after this weekend with TWO new world record times to their credit.

Keith ran a new Real Street record of 8.01 and Richard ran a new nitrous Pro Street record of 7.48.

During the 7.48 run Richard also gave warning to the turbo bikes by posting a 4.91 sec 1/8th mile time (which is quicker than the turbos are doing) and that was despite a problem with the retard switching on and off with the Pulsoid pulses (which was undesirable and which caused the ignition to misfire until the Pulsoids switched full on) and that was not until after the 1/8 mile marker.

The previous nitrous Pro Street record was 7.87 sec which means that Richard SMASHED IT by almost half a second and this was at the FIRST EVENT when the WON system was fully functional, so OBVIOUSLY THERE IS MUCH MORE TO COME.

Anyone want to take a bet against the HTP team showing the turbo bikes the way home before long????
:twisted: :twisted:

Now all we need is the Pro Mod classes to appreciate what WON has to offer, then we could see nitrous leading the pack at the highest levels again. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: HTP Performance run TWO world records with WON
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:43 pm 
Wizard

Congratulations to those lads and you Trev. Best you get your holiday in quick as I suspect you'll be having a lot of these celebrations in the coming months.

p.s. Was this at...
Mar 28-29 Spring Bike Open
Rockingham Dragway
Rockingham, NC?

Does that mean there's yet another day to do more?

Any webcams being broadcast?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm 
Wizard

Cool, it's about time we stopped feeling like the outcasts........

Be interesting to hear from the team on how it's changed their bikes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

MikeT wrote:
Congratulations to those lads and you Trev.
Thanks for that Mike, I'm sure Cecil, Richard and Co. will appreciate it as well.

Best you get your holiday in quick as I suspect you'll be having a lot of these celebrations in the coming months.
If there's any justice then that should certainly be the case. :yes:

p.s. Was this at...Rockingham Dragway
No it was at Maryland this past weekend and the Pro Street bike was knocked out first round by a 7.40 I think, so he only had qualifying (2 runs) and ONE race round to get the setting closer to optimum.

Any webcams being broadcast?
Not at that one so it was a real pain waiting for the results from Cecil but this next weekend they are at Memphis, where there will be live coverage. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Loopy wrote:
Cool, it's about time we stopped feeling like the outcasts........

Be interesting to hear from the team on how it's changed their bikes.

I wouldn't use exactly that term but I know what you mean and you're right its about time my products were used to their full potential to demonstrate their superiority. :yes:

Unfortunately Cecil is flat out either earning the money to pay for the racing or doing the racing, so he doesn't have any spare time to make posts but no doubt he'll drop by when he finds some spare time to do so.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

When Cecil told me the bike had run 7.47 I wasn't overly impressed, because I was thinking that he needed to run 7.1s to 7.2s to be competitive with the top turbo bikes, based on previous results at other tracks. HOWEVER Cecil was EXTREMELY HAPPY with the result and for good reason, as he went on to explain;
1) The air temps were in excess of 100 degrees which is far from ideal
2) There was only one or two turbo bikes running quicker than 7.4 on that day at that track
3) The quickest turbo bike was only running 7.35 ish

Now when you consider all the above and the following;
1) a serious misfire over the majority of the 1/8 mile
2) only 3 runs since the system was made fully functional
3) too much timing out
4) very soft Max settings
5) only 160 hp jets

Which means there's OBVIOUSLY MUCH MORE TO COME, so no wonder Cecil was VERY HAPPY with the 7.47 ticket. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:46 am 
Wizard

contrats :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: and again ill say its take some balls to ride a bike at those Gs :bow:
great news for WON, and most of all trev :yes:
what bitch its took 30 odd years for it to happen, shall we hold our breathe for the appoligies to come flooding in for all those piss takers and bullshit makers?
im turning blue...........now grey...............thump.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:12 am 
Wizard

reply also hear from us lonley bike lads :)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4361

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

I've just finished speaking with Cecil and he had this report to make after doing some nitrous flow testing.

Unfortunately for him (but as it's turned out for me 'fortunately') the nitrous he has to use is polluted with sulphur.

Cecil's words were something like as follows; I've been flow testing nitrous kits for many years but when testing the WON kit, I found the smell of sulphur to be MUCH stronger than it has ever been when testing any other brand of kit, flowing the same amount of nitrous. He concluded that it had to indicate that the nitrous was denser, which I certainly couldn't argue with, so maybe that's the best way to prove what I've been saying for almost 30 years. :lol:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 pm 
Wizard

your preaching to the converted here trev :)
the tide IS turning and your time is coming :yes:
you should know that already, ive never know it to be so busy at HQ when i ring up
crack that whip!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Just a quick report on this past weekends results at Maryland.

Keith Thompson qualified number 1 in Real Street with a 8.04, despite spending most of the qualifying day trying to discover why the bike kept dying part way down the strip. Cecil had just fitted a new MSD ignition system to the bike, so he reverted back to the original and that's when he ran the 8.04.
He then made it through to the final with a string of mid 8.0s to mid 8.1 but lost in that when he blew the tire away as he shifted to 2nd gear.

Richard Gadson qualified in Pro Street with a 7.57 (0.1secs slower than his world record run) about midway in the pack and was down by approx. 0.3secs from the top qualifying turbo bike in the class. However, this time was posted with a blown head gasket and is why he then went out in the first round of racing with a much slower 7.7 sec pass.

Richards qualified better on Cecils Real Street Busa but they had some kind of engine component, that he's currently looking in to and I'll report back on that when I know more.

It's all a mad rush, because the next meeting is this weekend and he has to have the bikes all finished by Wednesday as its a long drive to Michigan.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Kieth Thompson has just run

THE FIRST EVER SUB 8 sec PASS IN REAL STREET WITH A 7.98 NEW WORLD RECORD RUN :wav:

CONGRATULATIONS to Keith for a GREAT ride and to Cecil Towner for GREAT engine build and preparation.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:22 pm 
Wizard

I may not have experienced the huge grin from nitrous use (yet) but when I read your post Trev, and knowing what this news means to you, it gave me just as huge a grin, I'm sure :yes:

Well done WON, Keith and the team. :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:43 pm 
Learner

that was with a won powered nitrous system right? :yes:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Well one thing is for certain JC, I certainly wouldn't be giving another nitrous company space on my forum. ;)

Keith has been using all my components from the Pulsoid forward all this season and the bike 'should' be using my Max Extreme (after switching from a NOS unit), for the first time this weekend, assuming Cecil found time to fit it and set it up, which I hope is the explanation for why he dipped under 8 secs for the first time. :yes:

I'm also guessing that was his first run of the weekend, so there should be better to come as they optimise the variable options they now have.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:21 am 
Wizard

Always very cool to hear bike lads doing well :yes: :yes:

Well done To team and all at WON

Respect

Tezz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 am 
Site Admin

Here's the full story;

Bike 1 - Keith Thompson - Real Street - GSXR
As I hoped Cecil did manage to get the Max fitted and working correctly, except that he didn't have time to wire it up for "per gear" delivery, which I'm CERTAIN is ESSENTIAL for this class of bike to run quick. Instead he used the single build option, which meant that as he went up the strip and changed gear, he was kicking straight back in with 'relatively' LARGE amounts of nitrous, which meant he had to short shift to keep the front end down.
For the next meet at Rockingham, I hope Cecil will get the "per gear" featured functional and then he can bring the nitrous in in EVERY GEAR from a SOFT setting and then ramp up as required to the higher power figures, which will make the bike far less likely to wheelie and will make it much easier on the STOCK clutch.
If Cecil gets the "per gear" features active, then I'll eat shit if Keith doesn't run MUCH quicker than 7.98, assuming track conditions etc are as good as the last meet.

Bike 2 - Richard Gadson - Real Street - Busa
Cecil found a kinked fuel line which was hampering performance, which he hopes is now sorted.

Bike 3 - Richard Gadson - Pro Street
Richard ran a 7.57 this weekend which was approx. 0.1 slower than his WORLD RECORD time.
Cecil reported that the NA power is not enough to get the bike to leave hard enough, so he's been trying to use a small amount of nitrous from the line but that's causing the bike to wheelie. I've given him a tip on how to improve that for the next meeting and with a bit of time and optimisation that should not now be a problem. Ultimately I will be supplying this bike with a REVO system and then it will have the ULTIMATE in control, range and accuracy of adjustment, so whatever he achieves with the Pulsoid system, he'll see another couple of tenths improvement on that, as soon as I supply the REVO upgrade.

All in all a very satisfactory situation, seeing a little progress, despite my systems not being used to the best by a good way yet, which means there is plenty more to come. :yes:

Once again - GREAT WORK by Cecil and his team. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 am 
Wizard

Bloody hell, this is going to be a very short summer. It's like seeing the last couple of years run in fast forward.
They must really have they're hands full making jumps like that.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Trev> ROA = Rate of Acceleration (control)
Basically traction control. If rpm rises at more than a pre-determined rate the power is held or reduced until the rate falls below the rate required.
Essentially the Max could hold/reduce it's build rate if the rpm's rose beyond a selected rate per gear with suitable programming.
Oh, and by saying that i've just given JC what i believe is refered to in the US as "wood" ;)