NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Latest Max Extreme features
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 am 
Site Admin

As you should all know by now, we are constantly working at improving our products and to that end we have added a number of new features to the already impressive list the Max has offered up to now.

We'll be announcing the full list on the main web site ASAP but for now I thought I'd let the cat out of the bag with one particular new feature, because I believe it will be of such a big benefit to many of our customers, in particular Ian Hook going by his performances this season. Having said that it does require the user to take his foot off the throttle (albeit a small amount), so it may not be of any use to Ian as his balls seem so big that maybe he can't bring himself to do that. ;)

So here is the new feature;

Part Throttle Position Nitrous Control
(Safety Feature)
With this feature activated the driver/rider has the following options (available in manual gearbox mode ONLY), when the throttle is released;
1) Change gear as normal.
2) Halt the rising power and resume at that point when the throttle is fully opened again.
3) Halt the rising power and resume at the lowest power setting for that particular gear.

The ‘Part Throttle Position’ can be set (in the same way the full throttle activation point is set), so that in the event of the user having the need to back off the throttle during a run (as a consequence of instability, loss of traction or an excessive wheelie), they have the option to come back on the throttle at the same power level they backed off at (rather than an increased power level) or to come back on the throttle at the first power level selected for that particular gear. These options provide a varying degree of greater control over the transition between NA and nitrous power than has been available so far and should result in a more manageable use of the nitrous power during a less than ideal run.

I realise that Ian has an auto box but with a bit of luck I think we can get round that. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US