NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shakespeare's qualifying for today
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Apparently the track is not much better than ice, which explains so many less than impressive results but as far as I can tell 'our' boys (Dave Bailey, Ian Hook & Ron Haslett - the ones that I'm aware of) are all quite happy with their results considering the lack of traction.

Here's a link to the results;
http://www.eurodragster.com/shakespeare ... turday.asp

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Shakespeare's qualifying for today
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 am 
Site Admin

Well the poor track conditions weren't doing anyone any favours but our guys all came away from the meeting with something to be happy about (more details of Ian & Ron's results in the Race section) and in this instance it was Dave Bailey who had the most to be happy about.

Despite struggling to use even NA power ONLY for the majority of first gear, HE FOUGHT THE BIKE & THE TRACK ALL THE WAY TO VICTORY in the Funny Bike class, so a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Dave for such a heroic achievement.

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

BTW when he was telling me about the struggle he had to get the bike down the track I could hear the 'trauma' in his voice and that alone was enough to scare the crap out of me, never mind what it must have been like to actually been on the bloody thing. :shock: :shock:

Obviously the times were nothing worth mentioning but its a GREAT result that hopefully will bode well for the remaining meetings he'll be racing at this year. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:48 am 

Hi :)

Well done Dave :)

Track conditions like that can be killers :(

Mind you those things with only 2 wheels are very dangerous so I am told, much less risky in my comfy old Porsche :)

Congratulations again.....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 am 
Site Admin

Noswizard wrote:
Well the poor track conditions weren't doing anyone any favours but our guys all came away from the meeting with something to be happy about (more details of Ian & Ron's results in the Race section) and in this instance it was Dave Bailey who had the most to be happy about.

Despite struggling to use even NA power ONLY for the majority of first gear, HE FOUGHT THE BIKE & THE TRACK ALL THE WAY TO VICTORY in the Funny Bike class, so a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Dave for such a heroic achievement.

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

BTW when he was telling me about the struggle he had to get the bike down the track I could hear the 'trauma' in his voice and that alone was enough to scare the crap out of me, never mind what it must have been like to actually been on the bloody thing. :shock: :shock:

Obviously the times were nothing worth mentioning but its a GREAT result that hopefully will bode well for the remaining meetings he'll be racing at this year. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:25 pm 
Learner

Just to give you an idea of how bad the track was, i was wheelspinning from 2nd thru to the finish line. Thats a 9.50 bike!!!! At one point the bike was actually spinning and wheelying at the same time as the nitrous ramp came in, resulting in a BIG shut off before getting back on it, to run a 10.5 whilst winded (edge of tank under rib cage on the shut off) at 144mph whilst spinning and rear end just going sideways :shock: :rofl:
Turns out for qualifiers, track was only prepped to 1/8th mile!! Apparently they were actually reported for this to the ACU, and late Sunday they prepped the whole track as they did monday.
The fact that only cars "fell off" the track is absolutely amazing, but the number of mechanical breakages is no surprise when the surface is so unpredictable.
Well done to all those that ran and managed to get "on it", wasnt easy i know, and just a bit hazardous!!

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????