NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: AMAZING NEW WORLD RECORD HTP Pro Street bike 02.10.2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

SEE LAST POST FOR FULL DETAILS OF LATEST AMAZING WORLD RECORD TIMES

The previous world record terminal speed for a nitrous Pro Street bike was 194 MPH

Cecil Towner's rider Ryan Schnitz, just BLITZED that with a 198.5 MPH terminal speed. :wav:

Not only did he set a new world record terminal speed but both the bikes ran in the low 7.20s and qualified 3rd and 4th to be the quickest nitrous bikes in the class and were only pushed from 1st and 2nd spot by 2 turbo bikes that JUST managed to run a few hundredths of a second quicker ONCE each, whilst Cecil's bikes ran a trio of runs in the 7.20 bracket each.

Now that would be s SERIOUS achievement IF everything had been going well with the bikes gearboxes all season but as mentioned in the following thread he's been fighting (and still losing) gearbox problems all year;
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4937&p=69625#p69625

That alone is outstanding but when you also consider the following;
1) The bikes had yet to be optimised for mix
2) The bikes had yet to be optimised for timing
3) The bikes had yet to be max'd out on nitrous delivery and were only running 240 HP
4) The Max Extreme was set with a FIVE SECOND BUILD TIME!!!!!! :shock:
Anyone want to bet on how many other Pro Street nitrous bikes are running such a long build time???
5) NO other nitrous bike came close.
6) The next quickest nitrous bike blew up TWO engines. :twisted:
7) Only 2 bikes (both turbo as previously mentioned) ran quicker than Cecil's bikes (ONCE each) ALL WEEKEND.

It makes me wonder what times they'd be running now, IF ONLY they hadn't suffered from gearbox ALL YEAR!!!!!

Anyone what to bet against SIXES as soon as he gets a string of good shifts together and some R&D time???

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: AMAZING NEW WORLD RECORD HTP Pro Street bike 02.10.2011
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 am 
Site Admin

A couple of other points I ought to mention;

Jeremy Teasley has been LUCKY enough to benefit from the gearbox problems that have PLAGUED Cecil ALL YEAR and despite that fact he's still ONLY managed to run a best of 7.19 @ 194 MPH (in the region of a couple of hundredths quicker than Cecil's bikes) and now almost 5 MPH SLOWER.

Now we know that MPH doesn't win Drag races but what it does do is PROVE WHO IS MAKING THE MOST HP and ultimately having more HP at your disposal will result in quicker ET's, as soon as the team lean how best to use it.

Now Cecil hasn't run as many 1/4 mile passes as Teasley this year but as Teasley is blowing up to 2 motors at some meetings (at this event 2 in succession), the FACT that Cecil has NOT had a single engine related failure ALL YEAR PROVES that despite making MORE POWER, his combinations are MORE RELIABLE and as people are quick to blame nitrous when a nitrous motor disintegrates, it seems only fair to give credit to the nitrous system when they don't.

I would also like to point out that Teasley is using THREE stages of progressive nitrous while Cecil's bikes are ONLY using ONE and what that tells you is that ONE WON kit is more capable than THREE of any other brand.

Although Teasley currently holds the nitrous Pro Street record with the 7.19 run, I can assure you all of this, as soon as Cecil finally gets those bloody gearboxes sorted, his boys will DESTROY that record and become the first nitrous bikes to hold the OUTRIGHT Pro Street record for MANY years. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: Cecil Towner's HTP Pro Street bike sets NEW WORLD RECORD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Just been speaking with Cecil and found out a few more details about this weekends runs.

Not only did Ryan Schnitz run 198.5 but Lavar ran 197.5 in a side by side run and they both hit those speeds TWICE, so there can be no doubt about the SUPERIOR consistency over the hit and miss results of the other nitrous contender in the class.
So Cecil and I have DOUBLE the satisfaction by having TWO of our bikes running higher MPH numbers than ANY other nitrous bike in the class.

I asked Cecil why when they ran 7.20s @ in excess of 195 off the trailer why they didn't substantially improve the times over the next couple of runs?
His reply; "Ryan had never run that quick or fast before, so he wanted to take it steady and besides that we wanted to win a race for once, rather than risk having problems by push too hard and breaking something."

I asked what the split times were compared to other bikes?
His reply; "Teasely ran 4.68 to the 1/8th on his 7.19 run but Ryan only managed a 4.77 (due to lack of experience on the bike), so once he gets a few more rides down the track he'll be improving on the 4.77 and when he does that (and if he ONLY does that - which we know will actually be ONLY 'part' of the improvement), it would put the bike down in the low 7.1s."

He also told me some top end split times that blew me away but he made me promise not to post them yet and these relate to how the bikes performance compares to the world record turbo bikes splits. :twisted:

His final comment was "We ain't started trying to run quick yet, as we're still trying to make sure the bike gets down the track and selects all the gears" :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

One of my supportive customers and forum members has brought the latest posts (page 3 ish) on following thread to my attention;

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showt ... 075&page=3

Since then I've spoken to Cecil and discovered and in some case reconfirmed the following information (as I was already aware of some of it), to set the record straight;

1) When I went to America in March of this year I created and fitted a full REVO system (including Max Extremes) to both of Cecil's Pro Street bikes but UNWISELY (as it's since transpired), I REMOVED the Max output wires for the Pulsoids (to save weight and remove clutter, etc), in the belief that they would no longer be needed.
2) These systems were DRY systems which had to interface with the Motec units that Cecil was using on the bikes.
3) The REVO's I intended to use on the bikes had position potentiometers on them to inform the Motec how much nitrous was being delivered but we found that they did not like working with the Motec, so we had to dump that idea.
4) I gave instructions to my team to build a couple of units that were an alternative solutions to link the Max Extreme to the Motec - known as Digital to Analogue converters (or D to A unit's).
5) Cecil had previously tried one of these units on the Pulsoid systems but it had quickly failed, so we had better units built and independently tested by Motec bike expert Brad O'connor.
6) The units passed Brad's tests and were shipped over to Cecil but they were a bit late for Cecil's next race meeting so Cecil WAS FORCED to switch back to Pulsoids ONLY.
7) UNFORTUNATELY (as mentioned above), I'd REMOVED the Pulsoid wires so Cecil was stuck for what to do to drive the Pulsoids.
8) I told him it was a simple matter of removing one end and soldering on a couple of wires but I guess he wasn't too keen on that idea (as it's not his line of work), so without my knowledge he decided to replace the Max units with a couple of Schnitz units UNTIL he had time to fit/sort the REVO / Motec interface issue.
9) However, as I've reported over the past year, Cecil's bikes have suffered from interminable gear shift problems, so he's had MUCH MORE IMPORTANT matters to deal with, which is why the bikes are STILL fitted with a WON dry Pulsoid system and a Schnitz controller and that's what was in use when the recent world record was set.
10) Until this point I was of the belief (although NOTHING had been said to either confirm of deny that situation until now), that Cecil had refitted the Pulsoid output wires to the Max and wasn't aware that he'd switched to the Schnitz units.
11) Cecil didn't think to tell me because he had far more important gearbox problems screwing up his race season and he CERTAINLY didn't expect it all to come together for a world record result when it did.

12) For all the reasons stated in previously posts and because I KNOW that Cecil will be switching back to the REVO system ASAP (HOPEFULLY for the next event), I'm not the slightest concerned about giving all the credit of this recent record to whoever wants to falsely take credit for it, because unlike most companies I ONLY want credit for what I'M ACTUALLY DUE.

13) Furthermore, I (AND CECIL) have NO DOUBT, that whatever results his bikes achieve while TEMPORARILY using ANY other brand of nitrous products, they will ULTIMATELY RUN MUCH QUICKER using a WON REVO/MAX EXTREME system and I'M MORE THAN HAPPY to wait for that day to come and to only then accept the credit, for THE PART I'll have DIRECTLY played in CECIL'S success.

Until then I'll leave everyone else who has the SLIGHTEST link to Cecil's bikes to UNJUSTIFIABLY grab ALL the credit for CECIL'S results, despite them having played such a small role.

I'm also HAPPY to see them bad mouthing my products and making up fictitious stories to boost their egos (and while they have the chance they'd better make the most of it), because their time is running out as the REVO revolution is on its way and those who try to put it down or ignore it will suffer most.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:45 pm 
Learner

Trev, did the bike have an NLR in it or a REVO? I'm lost.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 am 
Site Admin

It's all in my previous post and to save typing it all again I'm going to just copy and paste the KEY points, edit them and add what's needed to try and clarify it to answer your question

1) I went to Cecil's shop in March & fitted full REVO systems (including Max Extremes) to both of Cecil's Pro Street bikes but UNWISELY (as it's since transpired), I REMOVED the Max output wires for the Pulsoids, which meant the Max units COULD NO LONGER BE USED TO PULSE Pulsoids.

2) These were DRY systems which had to interface with the Motec units that Cecil was using on the bikes.

3) To achieve that, the REVO's I intended to use on the bikes had position potentiometers on them to tell the Motec units how much nitrous was being delivered but they did not work with the Motec, so we had to dump that idea.

4) Due to reasons given above Cecil WAS FORCED to switch back to using Pulsoids ONLY.

5) UNFORTUNATELY (as mentioned above), I'd REMOVED the Pulsoid wires so Cecil was stuck for what to do to drive the Pulsoids.

6) I told him it was a simple matter of removing one end and soldering on a couple of wires but he didn't do that (as it's not his line of work), so without my knowledge he fitted a couple of Schnitz units UNTIL he had time to fit/sort the REVO / Motec interface issue.

7) However, as I've reported over the past year, Cecil's bikes have suffered from interminable gear shift problems, so he's had MUCH MORE IMPORTANT matters to deal with, which is why the bikes are STILL fitted with a WON dry Pulsoid system and a Schnitz controller and that's what was in use when the recent world record was set.

8) Until a couple of days ago I 'thought' Cecil had refitted the Pulsoid output wires to the Max and was using them BUT it turns out he WASN'T and he was using Schnitz units.

9) Cecil didn't think to tell me because he had far more important gearbox problems screwing up his race season and he CERTAINLY didn't expect it all to come together for a world record result when it did.

10) Cecil will be SWITCHING BACK to the REVO system, as soon as he gets a handle on the REVO to Motec interface which he hopes to manage before the next meeting.

11) Without the interface between the Max & the Motec, Cecil can't use the Motec to control the fuel.

12) Luckily the Schnitz has a 0 to 5 Volt output that he's been using to link it to the Motec but as the Schnitz unit CAN'T drive the REVO's it was ONLY suitable for driving the Pulsoids.

IF the REVO to Motec interface had performed when Cecil tested it as it had for Brad when he tested it in the UK, Cecil WOULD NOT have switched to Pulsoids and would NOT have switched to a Schnitz box - FACT!!!

For the record, Cecil's Real Street bike STILL holds the world record for the class USING A REVO/MAX system (DESPITE Teasely & Co having ALL season to beat it), as Ryan Schnitz set that at the 2nd meeting and hasn't ridden the bike since due to injury.

I hope that clarifies it for you and good to see you're still out there.

One last point to anyone else, Cecil will be making a post to confirm what I've posted, as soon as he sorts out a password problem, so anyone who wants to doubt my word will have it from the horses mouth soon enough.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:22 am 

Hi Trev :)

Just read that whole thread again.....you really must stop putting those links to yb up lol....

It is SOOOO annoying to read so much rubbish in one place....

I was tempted to post but knowing me, I would get myself banned from the thread once I pointed out how wrong they are..... lol

Ah well its interesting to read about all the lesser nitrous stuff I suppose.....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:03 am 
Learner

I'm lurking, Trev. I read every word you typed, key points and all, but I didn't think that Seb would make such a claim (re: NLR controller) if it wasn't the case. Guess I was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:05 am 

Finally I have a moment to update everyone on the season so far.

First is the Realstreet Gsxr 1000 our second event in 2010 Ryan Schnitz Ran the Quickest Real street E.T as of today @ a 7.81 @ 184.02 MPH
THIS was done with REVO and MAX controller

The Pro Street bikes on the other hand were giving me a FIT. The bikes had shifting problems from the start and with my Pro Street bike shifting so good last year I never would have expected it. After the forth race and my bikes not shifting with my 6speed auto trans. I finally gave up on the auto and put stock tranny's in the bikes but to no prevale the bikes only went 7.40's not shifting in to 5th or 6th gear. I knew that would be a problem with just undercut trannies thats why i always had Auto's. So after all the frustration I was ready to throw in the towl. Then on a thursday night 2 MIRROCK races ago Lavar DeLee(lil charlie) My rider showed up at the shop with a full 6 Speed auto out of his own personal bike I built for him and said "here lets put this in the bike it worked in mine, What do we have to lose" So at mid night we tore the bike down swapped trannies and off to the Rock. First pass off the trailer 7.33 shifted all the gears, Second pass 7.302 third pass 7.300 I was so excited. so sunday for first round I wanted to go a 7.20 bad so I took his build time from 3.3 seconds to 3.2 the bike wheelied all the way down the track ran a 7.80 and lost.So i went home happy and disturbed woundering why the bike wheelied so bad with such a small change. Well when I got back I looked at my motec logs and I about shit my paints Lavar was going through 5 gears @ 600 feet thats 60ft short of the 1/8th mile. See when we had the stock trannies in the bikes they wouldnt shift either so we put a bigger sprocket on the bike to make it leave and try to jump out in front of the turbo's because we knew they wouldnt shift.In the mean time we also found out why my other three 6speed auto's wouldnt shift the shift drum didnt have enough relief in it to relax the forks so it was binding everything up causing it not to shift.Fixed that problem so we head to MIR for the maryland finals with fixed trannies and 4 teeth off the rear sproket.Ryan first full nitrous pass was a 7.25 @198 and his best was a 7.22 @ 198 Lavar went 7.23 @197. So now were cooking. WE just tore both motors down and everything looks new inside we are Preping THE bikes for VALDOSTA manufactures cup Final NOV 12-14.

Now all this was done with ONE single POLSOID and a SCHNITZ controller.The reason for the SCHNITZ controller was for the time I couldnt get my REVO to talk to the MOTEC,The way I tune my bikes is I need the ecu to know how much nitrous is spraying and it automatically adds the fuel.I have made a table in The motec software that works off a 0-5 volt signal 0= 0% nitrous 5=100% this gives you a perfect mixture and timing retard. Trev has sorted the MAX and REVO out so I can NOW get this signal so now its time to GO FAST. IF someone told me you could take a 250 HP solinoid and puls it smooth from 10%-100% i would have called you a lier . BUT they are the best solinoid by far. Wait and see what i can do with the REVO.

THanks to everybody for hanging in there with me and cheering me on. It made all the strugle worth it. :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 am 
Site Admin

2rismo wrote:
I'm lurking, Trev. I read every word you typed, key points and all, but I didn't think that Seb would make such a claim (re: NLR controller) if it wasn't the case. Guess I was wrong.

Glad to hear it and one thing you can be CERTAIN OF (NO MATTER what you read ANYWHERE ELSE), THE TRUTH will be found HERE!!!!!

You now also have THE TRUTH from the man himself (Cecil Towner), so I'm sure that should be enough for any fair minded person, but no doubt there'll be some out there who will be claiming I've somehow persuaded Cecil to lie for me or that I typed that post myself. :tard:

Unfortunately there are many people out there who have to resort to ANYTHING to get one up on me, because they know they can't do so by fair means. I mean to say, who in their right mind would think that pulsed technology could ever compete with REVO 'graduated' technology????
OBVIOUSLY nobody would but as NLR ONLY have the outdated pulsed technology to offer their customers (that they've ONLY just picked up on) and even then they ONLY have the electronics while we also have the hardware (X-10s), their only means to combat the REVO threat is to DISTORT the slightest opportunity to their advantage.

BTW what do you think to our X-10's????

One of our first customers was one of your fellow Australians and he's done a rather good job of INDEPENDENTLY proving how GARBAGE generic solenoids are by not being adjustable alone, never mind by how bad they are at responding to pulses. Have you been following the thread with his test results?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Many thanks for the post Cecil and the best of luck in getting the REVO system fully tuned in to your Motec system in time for the next meeting.

BTW for anyone who is wondering, last year Cecil didn't need the interface between the Max and the Motec to run the REVO's on his Pro Street bike, because he was running a wet REVO/Max system but because he had a dry system on his world record Real Street bike, he decided to make the switch for this year to dry on his Pro Street bikes.

Also for the record, Cecil's bikes (BOTH Real Street and Pro Street) set WORLD RECORDS using the Pulsoid/Max systems and then ran even quicker WORLD RECORD times when he switched to REVO/Max systems and when things get straightened out on all the bikes he'll run EVEN QUICKER times on them ALL, because as Cecil stated "wait and see what I can do with a REVO" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Once he's back on the REVO's ONLY a fool will claim that ANY other controller than a Max is being used, because ONLY a Max is capable of doing that. :idea: ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:22 am 

CHeck OUT these youtube links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qaXFiUWu8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxvMUyWxEJE

WE even grudge raced the bike first weekend it shifted :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgXi-xrzjI4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:03 am 
Site Admin

Shame there isn't any commentary on those to explain who is who and what all the times etc. were. :cry:

Are your boys just teasing the other guys by giving them a head start (in most cases) or are they snoozing on the job or maybe they're still in shock that the bikes are now shifting at last!!! :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Latest AMAZING update

ET (1/4) - 6.907 secs

Terminal - 203.06 mph

Not only is this a World record time for a NITROUS Pro Street bike but it leaves the turbo bikes in the shade as well by over 0.15 secs.
This result means the first Pro Street bike to run in the 6s was using a WON Pulsoid system and God knows what times will be run when Cecil finds time to upgrade to a REVO system.

Short times
60 ft - 1.203 secs
330 ft - 3.056 secs
1/8 mile - 4.53 secs @ 171.03 mph

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject: Re: AMAZING NEW WORLD RECORD HTP Pro Street bike 02.10.2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 am 

Hi :)

Congratulations to both Cecil and his team and Trev :)

Thats an amazing time....and with more to come lol...unbelieveable...:) :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 am 

:cheers: :bow: congrats

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:05 am 
Learner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpNJZ1Xr7eM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZYmmNF_hOc

Was serching yesterday cos i wasn´t sure if it was a WON powered bike...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the vids :twisted: just a shame they aren't a bit clearer especially at the end.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:41 am 
Wizard

Wake up and smell the coffee!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:46 pm 
Wizard

There is a breeze wafting across the Atlantic..... I think it may be tongues wagging 8)

Well done to all :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:22 am 
Learner

Headlights, tailights, no wheelie bars, dot radial tires front and rear! Got $10,000 for running the first 6 too.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpNJZ1Xr7eM

Short times
60 ft - 1.203 secs
330 ft - 3.056 secs
1/8 mile - 4.53 secs @ 171.03 mph
1000 ft - 5.809
1/4 mile - 6.907 @ 203.06 mph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Hi Adrian,

I guess you missed the previous posts where most of the info you posted had already been posted but thanks for adding the pics, as I hadn't had time to do that yet.

So when are you going to show OZ what my systems can do?????

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:05 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Hi Adrian,

I guess you missed the previous posts where most of the info you posted had already been posted but thanks for adding the pics, as I hadn't had time to do that yet.

So when are you going to show OZ what my systems can do?????

Hi Trev,

I just reposted what I'd posted elsewhere so it'd include the pictures in this thread. I figured you'd already have the increments up. What I posted (elsewhere, replicated here) was also an explanation for another group that may not be familiar with the equipment or how significant this record is.

I'm of the understanding that your gear is about to make some waves down here soon! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 am 
Site Admin

2rismo wrote:
I just reposted what I'd posted elsewhere so it'd include the pictures in this thread. I figured you'd already have the increments up. What I posted (elsewhere, replicated here) was also an explanation for another group that may not be familiar with the equipment or how significant this record is.
Got ya and such info can't be repeated too often, as it is an AWESOME achievement.

I'm of the understanding that your gear is about to make some waves down here soon! ;)
Yes we've got a couple of customers in OZ (at least one of them has a REVO system), that should make an impression in the not too distant future. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:50 am 

Absolutely amazing stuff.

Really looking forward to seeing if REVO can improve still further on that.