NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ironic situation - LOL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Some 30 years ago one of my GENUINE STREET bikes (a GPZ1100) DOMINATED one of the early rounds of Superbike magazine series and it was very closely backed up by a customer (Wayne Schrier) on a very similar bike. Both bikes were almost a full second quicker than ALL the US nitrous'd bikes and both bikes were only pushed back to 3rd & 4th places by turbo bikes, that were OUTRIGHT RACE bikes fitted with the the minimal requirements, to comply with the less than stringent street class rules.

This result lead to a large number of sales to other competitors in the class, many of whom went on to win numerous rounds of the championship and win the championship outright, as well as post European record times - Brian Emery being one of the most successful.

UK based tuning shops saw an oportunity to cash in on MY customers results and the lack of appreciation (by the general populace), of the differences between WON systems and US SHIT and in conjunction with main stream peer pressure against those who used WON systems, the sale of US kits eventually caught up with and then exceeded WON sales. Eventually certain people learned how to get 'ACCEPTABLE' results from US kits and they became the established norm.

Eventually BULLSHIT overpowered brains and as a consequence, the majority of main stream UK Drag bike racers were convinced to stick with using US nitrous kits, even when it was BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that WON systems were SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY.

What was so funny about this situation, was that both British and American racers appreciated how unreliable US solenoids were and yet the majority still stuck to using them, rather than WON Pulsoids.

Time passed and eventually a few SMART guys (both here and in the USA), realised there were benefits to replacing generic US SHIT solenoids with Pulsoids and so started the trend back to WON systems.

Whilst the American's eagerly made the switch, the majority of Brits stayed with the US SHIT leaving us in the most ironic situation ever; :omgrofl:

Main stream American Drag racers are eagerly making the switch to Pulsoids and REVO's while Brits are still using the US JUNK that American racers themselves reject. Not only that but we're selling more and more bike systems to numerous foreign countries and yet not a single sale to a UK Drag racer. :omgrofl:

DO I CARE - :omgrofl: - DO I **** - THEIR LOSS NOT MINE AS MY SALES ARE BOOMING!!! :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Ironic situation - LOL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:26 pm 
Wizard

You know trev there seems always to have been a complete lack of patriotism in this country, i know im sounding churlish here but i could never understand why alot of british people would wear usa baseball hats... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Couldn't agree more Ted - Most UK Drag racers are so in to AMERICA that they'd rather buy a piece of American shit than UK GOLD.
I know we're suppossed to have a 'special' relationship with the US but buying their GARBAGE is a strange kind of 'special' if you ask me. :omgrofl:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 pm 
Learner

Well i for one certainly dont fit the criteria.... And my plan to achieve something that apparently (so ive been told by those "in the know") cant be done, and whats that? Well a overaged overweight dinosaur motorcyle mixin it with the turbo/ turbo nitrous busa's.. Maybe then, just maybe, people will take notice.... By the time the bike is debuted, i am hoping to be a WON agent, working on installations for race bikes. The downside would be I then have to up my game again.... But plans are afoot for the next stage too ;) :yes:

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 pm 
Learner

such a shame, sayin that i started with us gunk lucky i never fitted it and found won site

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:09 pm 
Learner

My first foray into the murky world of nitrous oxide, was on a bike kitted with US gear, having done a test n tune weekend at the pod to get dialled in was more than happy with it. Come race weekend 2nd pass resulted in melted engine!! less than 10 runs :tard:
Next meeting, damage repaired, 1st run, melted motor. That was the last time i ran a complete US kit, and that was the last time i had a melted motor!!

Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

suzook12 wrote:
Well i for one certainly dont fit the criteria.... And my plan to achieve something that apparently (so ive been told by those "in the know") cant be done, and whats that? Well a overaged overweight dinosaur motorcyle mixin it with the turbo/ turbo nitrous busa's.. Maybe then, just maybe, people will take notice.... By the time the bike is debuted, i am hoping to be a WON agent, working on installations for race bikes. The downside would be I then have to up my game again.... But plans are afoot for the next stage too ;) :yes:

Steve

8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)