NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: US nitrous company about to go bust
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Here's a turn up for the books, I just received an email from the President of one of the US nitrous companies inviting me to purchase his company. :twisted:

Had I been 20 years younger I would have done but not a lot of point when my sole aim is to retire ASAP.

Regardless of that, the thing that makes me happiest, is knowing that US nitrous companies are suffering and at least this one is likely to go out of business very soon. Hopefully a few more will follow and rid the performance market of the GARBAGE they sell. :yes: :yes: :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: US nitrous company about to go bust
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:29 pm 
Learner

Shame you were'nt younger as taking over an established (i'm guessing) outlet in the US would certainly get a foothold in the market over there.

I know it's wrong but having a base there would probably give you more credibility too as you could just say THAT company were launching a new revolutionary design (yours of course) but package it differently so they didn't cotton on that it was you....lol.

The thing is, is he going bust because of the lack of sales in nitrous full stop or are people over there actually realising that the US nitrous stuff is garbage and that yours is indeed the best on the market in which case you should be getting a bigger share anyway.

Never know, some big company may offer you a price you can't refuse and you can semi-retire and get paid a consultancy fee as well :yes:

Post subject: Re: US nitrous company about to go bust
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

yippeekiay wrote:
Shame you were'nt younger as taking over an established (i'm guessing) outlet in the US would certainly get a foothold in the market over there.
Yes it's been established for a 'few' years and you're dead right, which is why even at this age I had to think very hard before refusing the offer.

I know it's wrong but having a base there would probably give you more credibility too as you could just say THAT company were launching a new revolutionary design (yours of course) but package it differently so they didn't cotton on that it was you....lol.
Again very true.

The thing is, is he going bust because of the lack of sales in nitrous full stop or are people over there actually realising that the US nitrous stuff is garbage and that yours is indeed the best on the market in which case you should be getting a bigger share anyway.
I'm quite certain its due to falling sales because the American economy is suffering at least as much as ours is and with so many companies targeting the budget end of the market, it's inevitable that a few will fail.

Never know, some big company may offer you a price you can't refuse and you can semi-retire and get paid a consultancy fee as well :yes:
I've already had 2 such offers but I would have been locked in to providing my services for much longer than I wanted and as I've not had to take instruction from anyone else for almost 40 years, I couldn't imagine being able to do so now, even on a part time consultancy basis.

My hope is that I can generate a substantial and positive trend in the US towards my products, that makes one of the major US companies (assuming they survive) want to buy the manufacturing rights.
I'll then be free to provide a consultancy service on my own terms.
:yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!