NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Year end report - Speedtech closes down
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:57 am 
Site Admin

Well it seems Santa delivered my Xmas present a couple of days early this year, as I was just told that Speedtech has shut down. :twisted:

No doubt someone else will step up and get it going again but it's bound to be in a lesser capacity without the oil rich Sheik backers funding.

Although this has been a difficult year recovering from my serious car accident in January, I have to say we've still done incredibly well and we're ending 2011 on a high.

2012 is looking VERY PROMISING in a number of respects and is unlikely to be as bad as 2011, even if that's only because I now have an even safer car, so if some fool runs in to me next year I may get away with being unharmed. :yes:

I'll have a full update on new developments here at WON ASAP but till then I and my team would like to thank all our customers (especially Brett), for all their business and I'd like to wish you all a very happy Xmas followed by a very successful New Year.

See you on the other side of 2011/2012.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Merry Xmas from WON
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:18 am 
Learner

Trev 2011 was a GREAT year.. i saw your product go in alot of bikes, and the racing acheivements are extraordinary.. With the revo gaining steam and the market finally "catching wind" of WON in the US, you have no where to go but up!!! Congrats!! NOWW.. just one bone to pick.. if your planning on shutting down US nitrous companies, can you at least do a little manufacturing over here so we can get our jobs back? LOL :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 am 
Site Admin

xclr82xtc wrote:
Trev 2011 was a GREAT year..
Yes you're absolutely right from a business perspective, especially with regards to our achievements and those of our customers, it was a GREAT year and I'll be reporting on those ASAP.

i saw your product go in alot of bikes,
Yes our US agents have been doing very well on the sales front, especially of our Pulsoids, so we have a lot to be happy about on that front and I'm sure next year will see a continued growth in the numbers.

and the racing acheivements are extraordinary..
Without doubt the greatest achievements of all have been those by our customers, with Cecil setting a new Pro Street Record, our Busa customer from Finland setting a new standing mile record and Jarl setting a new 250 cc LSR for the mile, as just 3 of the many successes, this year alone.

With the revo gaining steam and the market finally "catching wind" of WON in the US, you have no where to go but up!!! Congrats!!
Couldn't agree more and many thanks for the acknowledgement of all the above and your good wishes.

NOWW.. just one bone to pick.. if your planning on shutting down US nitrous companies, can you at least do a little manufacturing over here so we can get our jobs back? LOL :mrgreen:
Maybe I should buy up the ex Speedtech business/premises. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm 
Learner

now theres an idea. lol.. Wizards of Nos International. lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:22 am 

Hi Trev :)

Thanks for the kind comments, but I wouldnt have even been a customer without your nous and perfect engineering skills in producing the BEST Nitrous equipment in the world...

I wish you and Janet and all the family all the very best for Christmas, whether in the UK or Malta :) :)

All the very best to Dave and Ant for Christmas and the new year, and please let them know how much I appreciate their help and friendship.

I have absolutely no doubt I will take another couple of new Porsche records next year, and I also have my "annual holiday" to Doncaster to look forward to :) :) :)

To all Forum members goes my very best for Christmas, in case they didnt know , I read EVERY forum post, so feel I know them all personally, a few are a little strange (myself included lol) but they are ALL people I would like to call my friends :)

Happy Christmas and a fast new year to you all.............

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 am 
Learner

:bigsmurf: Merry Chrismas to you all :bigsmurf:

Best Wishes from Pete!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:17 pm 
Wizard

Yep !!
Its been a good year for me as well. I've got a lot more knowledge tucked away in my head now. And I have good plans made for both race cars.

Seasons greetings and best wishes to all on here for a happy Christmas and a great new year...

Lets hope 2012 brings us all we desire :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERY WON :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:16 pm 
Learner

:santa: Wishing you all a Happy Xmas and a even better New year. :cheers:

Austin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:22 pm 
Learner

Belated Christmas wishes to everyone who is wise enough to associate themselves with WON products!! :yes:

All the best for 2012 :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:21 pm 
Wizard

Looking on the internet it seems there was some sort of punch up between the two owners of speed tech. The Major shareholder of the two is going to open up a new shop soon by the looks of things??

I guess he cant use the same name though??

There seems to be a few unhappy speed tech customers who have recently bought stuff just before they closed the doors which means no tech support. NX have jumped in on a few forums to say they will support and repair any speed tech stuff.. I guess that because the parts are not really Bespoke so most US nitrous companies will be able to offer the same stuff like solenoids and controllers.