NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: WON NEWS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

OK everyone it's been AGES since I made any post other than a reply to a members question, so it may seem like I've either been neglecting the forum or that there's nothing new, interesting or exciting to report here at WON. However, the truth is actually the reverse, as the reason for my lack of posts is, that I've been EXTREMELY BUSY and have loads of interesting and exciting things to report.

Unfortunately I don't have time to report on them yet but I promise that when I do get time I'll bring you all up to date and I'm sure you'll find it ALL of great interest. :yes:

What I will say for now, is that despite some hard times recently, things at WON are looking EXTREMELY GOOD. :D

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: WON NEWS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

OK I've got a minute to spare to here's another MINOR bit of news;

We've just launched a NEW Minimax V2 - for full details please view the following page;

http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/nitr ... oller.html

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

And yet another MINOR bit of news;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6536

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

OK time for some news that's a bit more interesting;

Cecil Towner is currently testing/racing his ALL NEW Pro Mod bike (his first venture in to Pro Mod), which like all his other bikes (including a growing number of his customers bikes), is using a WON Pulsoid nitrous system.

I'm not expecting anything outstanding for a few meetings yet as it's extremely early days (this is the FIRST testing he's done) but based on the fact that he managed to produce a Pro Street bike that can run 6.9s, I'm ultimately expecting GREAT things from him.

MUCH MORE TO COME.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Switch to the following thread for ongoing reports of how Cecil did this weekend;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6564

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:53 am 
Site Admin

We've got so many GREAT things going on here at WON at present that I'm struggling for time to post all about them and spoilt for choice as to what order to deal with them in.

I want to build up to the best news subjects, so I'll start with a few more 'minor' news worthy matters.

1) In an effort to rid at least the UK of the EXTREMELY DANGEROUS US brand generic solenoids and the less than perfect early solenoids we sold, we're now offering an [color=#FFFF00]NEW 4 OLD/color] deal, to encourage even more people to upgrade to our now almost universally world acclaimed X-10 Pulsoids.

http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/news/new4old

FYI we're currently working on an EVEN BETTER & MORE RADICAL Pulsoid design, that in some respects is unlike ANY other product on the market (in even more ways than it currently is) and in the most radical respect is once again UNIQUE.

I hope to have this new X-10 available within 3 months

2) Due to a SUBSTANTIAL growth in interest in our products from the USA (you should see our web stats) :twisted: we've just launch (and will be continuing to add to), a range of US specific nitrous systems. These system are aimed at the hotter US states and for worldwide race applications and as a consequence they are all supplied with braided nitrous hose;

http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/car- ... -kits.html

3) We've just had a report from one of our newest US Drag car customers, which is on similar lines to Cecil's results but I've started the following thread to provide further details. :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6565

MUCH MORE TO COME :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 am 
Site Admin

A bit more news is that we've just added a couple of new US agents and we have a couple more in the pipe line, so things are hotting up over there now.

http://www.noswizard.com/agents-north-america

On the same lines we have a MASSSIVE announcement to make, as soon as I get time to finalise the matter but I'm saving that for one of my last BIG news subjects. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Some further 'minor' news for you guys;

We've been thinking about designing and launching our own showerhead for a while now and we've now settled on that design, so we'll now have them available within a few weeks.

As you'd expect they are much improved versions of the existing designs that are available elsewhere and this includes internal as well as external factors.

Hope you like them.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Due to a growing trend away from carbs and towards injection (on V8 motor in particular), which is driving a move away from wet to SOPHISTICATED dry systems and a growing demand for a means of injecting nitrous in the OPTIMUM location, without the need for a plate, we've just launched yet another new and RADICAL product;

The technical name for it is 'Inverted Spider' but Ant wants to call it a 'dead' Spider. :P

Mounting is as follows;

A single hole is drilled in the floor of the manifold, in to which is screwed (from underneath) the component approx. half way up the tube

The length of the central tube is determined and cut to length using a pipe cutter.

The central tube (along with the Spider head attached), is threaded through the fitting in the manifold floor and secured in place using the nut and olive supplied.

The T is then secured to the end of the tube that is protruding through the manifold floor fitting, using the nut and olive supplied.

2 pipes from the T run to a pair of Pulsoids on either side of the manifold

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 am 
Site Admin

BIG - HUGE NEWS TO FOLLOW ASAP

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:50 am 
Site Admin

In the meantime here's some pics of the inverted Spider being fitted to a TOP US customers manifold;

As you can see, this manifold was originally fitted with a 2 stage wet NOS set up (it was then converted to a 1 stage progressive NOS set up, followed by a 1 stage progressive dry NOS set) and eventually the NOS solenoids were junk and replaced with 450 HP X-10 Pulsoids.
Following the vastly improved pulse response from the Pulsoid upgrade, the customer decided to stop taking advice from his American nitrous 'expert' and follow my advice instead, which is why he has now dumped the US nozzle concept and switched to the Inverted Spider system in its entirity.

All we need now is some good track condition, a bit of luck and some outstanding results should follow. At that time I'll give you the full success and failure history of the changes he's tried. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:36 pm 
Wizard

High pressure fuel straight onto the valve and a dense nitrous charge pushing from behind with the air charge !!

This was my thought a while back about trying to do it on the cheap with longer fuel legs on the Spider with a carb setup. The more I see the possibility of EFI + a dry shot the more I want to try it. But I do love the look of my old skool blower setup.

Maybe the spare engine may get an old Rover EFi setup bolted on at the end of the year to try this.
I guess I could re work my Spider to this configuration quite easily?

Hold that thought!!!!!

Would this work ok with a methanol injection system???

Does anyone run methanol and nitrous in the Drag scene Trev??

I've got some Meth mates bugging me to run Meth on one of the cars !!! 8)

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this one. If you trawl back through a lot of old threads on nitrous delivery and the spider and dp etc etc. You can see that this is the child that was waiting to be spawned :)

What are you going to call it??

I bet it WONT be the Ninja Turtle plate eh? :rofl:

Did that thing ever get seen by anyone???? Or was it just a name :shock:

Actually, this isnt a plate is it? I guess its a dry DP system yes??

Looks like this guy is going to be making history with the system. :yes:

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

mgbv8 wrote:
High pressure fuel straight onto the valve and a dense nitrous charge pushing from behind with the air charge !!
The way ALL our Pro Series systems are designed.

Maybe the spare engine may get an old Rover EFi setup bolted on at the end of the year to try this.
It just so happens that I have the majority of a brand NEW EFI system for a 4.6 Rover for sale.

I guess I could re work my Spider to this configuration quite easily?
Very

Hold that thought!!!!!

Would this work ok with a methanol injection system???
Most certainly as nitrous and methanol were made for each other, although ethanol or E85 would be even better.

Does anyone run methanol and nitrous in the Drag scene Trev??
Most certainly

I've got some Meth mates bugging me to run Meth on one of the cars !!! 8)

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this one. If you trawl back through a lot of old threads on nitrous delivery and the spider and dp etc etc. You can see that this is the child that was waiting to be spawned :)
It has ALWAYS been one of my option for the Spider from the outset but it's only now that we've had a suitable customer (4 actually, 3 of which are dry), want to use it that way. The only NEW aspects are the Spider being inverted and not fed through a plate.

What are you going to call it??
For now 'Dry Inverted Spider' but Ant wants to call it the DEAD Spider LOL.

I bet it WONT be the Ninja Turtle plate eh? :rofl:
LOL - I'd bet that if Ron had his way he'd have me call it something like that, as he 'claims' to have created SOME design that is fed from under the manifold but as he's never been willing to give me or show me any details of it, that's not going to happen.

Did that thing ever get seen by anyone???? Or was it just a name :shock:
Not by me and based on Ron's comments I doubt anyone else has either. I believe he at least has a design but whether there's an actual product I wouldn't like to bet on that.

Actually, this isnt a plate is it? I guess its a dry DP system yes??
It's neither really as it's UNIQUE. :yes:

Looks like this guy is going to be making history with the system. :yes:
That's the plan and there's at least 3 other guys who'll be aiming to do the same thing soon after in other classes. :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

One more piece of 'lesser' WON news is that we've got a growing number of national & international companies, approaching us to become agents with the greatest conquest being MOTEC JAPAN who are switching from NOS to WON, to offer their customers (in their own words), superior results and greater reliability. :yes: :yes:

Feel free to check out our agents page;
http://www.noswizard.com/agents

And in particular our International agents pages;

http://www.noswizard.com/agents-north-america

http://www.noswizard.com/agents-europe

Both of which need some minor corrections and both of which are having new agents added every week. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

More GREAT news;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6450&p=80989#p80989

More GOOD news is that Ian Hook is AT LAST back on track with a 8.1 and more importantly a terminal speed PB of 174 MPH. This ET has him sat in 3rd place at present but he needs to knock off another 0.5 secs, to beat the top qualifier and although that would sound impossible if this was Ian best ever ET, as his previous best was a 7.8 (before he had all the chassis setbacks), there is a good chance that he could pull it out of the hat. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately still way too busy to report all the GREAT news but rest assured things are going very well, with more new products in the pipe line, some outstanding installations to show you all (which will inevitably lead to some outstanding results), enhancements to the WON UK operation and some BIG news on WON USA. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
some BIG news on WON USA. :twisted:

Oooooh, is Danny back :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

:omgrofl: It was actually Denny but near enough for me. :omgrofl:

What a DICK he turned out to be.
He came here knowing NOTHING and after I spent 100s of hours EDUCATING him, he decided he could do a better job of nitrous than I was doing. He then started using the SUBSTANTIAL profit I was GIVING HIM (to phase out my products and replace them with cheap shit), as the first stage of setting up HIS OWN nitrous company.

His first BIG mistake was forgetting that I was in his email contact list, when he sent out a message to all his customers, telling them that was his plan - DUMBASS FOOL!!!

It wasn't a hard decision to give up the LITTLE profit I was making from his sales, to prevent him using the BIG profit from my product sales to his own ends, so I stopped supplying him there and then.

His second BIG mistake was thinking that I needed him and that I wouldn't just cut off his supplies.

He VOWED he'd still succeed without me and kept making such claims on his dying website but after a couple of years the site shut down and that was the end of that. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

OK back to some more good news;

The easy stuff first, which is for anyone who is interested in the general well being of the company, I'd have to report all the following;

1) Please take a look at our agents pages again and you'll see a SUBSTANTIAL GROWTH in ALL international agents, with new additions in countries like America, Russia, Japan (as previously mentioned), Spain, Portugal, etc.

2) In particular we now have a MAJOR new international agents;
i) Motec RUSSIA - reputed to be the biggest tuning company in Russia

Another company that WAS selling Holley NOS brand kits until recently, so to any haters out there who go and check out my claims and see NOS brand products on their websites, that's the reason and it's about to change. :yes:

3) Saving the best till last but still unable to provide the full details, as these are still in the pipe line;
i) We are in the process of forming a NEW AMERICAN based corporation, in partnership with an existing major US company (currently unrelated to nitrous)
ii) Can't give more than a clue to this one at this time but lets just say we expect to be adding a good number of Motec agents to our own agents list in the near future

It should also be kept in mind, that this is a serious case of swimming against the worldwide declining economic trends, so we're extremely proud that we're effectively beating the system. :twisted:

I'll be back with more performance related GREAT news shortly.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

Noswizard wrote:

All we need now is some good track condition, a bit of luck and some outstanding results should follow. At that time I'll give you the full success and failure history of the changes he's tried. ;)

As stated in the above post, all we needed was some good track conditions but that wasn't to be (not yet anyway) BUT that did NOT stop us getting at least a pointer of the GREAT things to come.

Before posting the results, please keep in mind the following;

1) It was previously using NOS gear in the form of a Direct Port kit and he's being advised by the GREAT NOS EXPERT Monte Smith. :rofl:

2) He switch to our Pulsoids but mistakenly decided to continue to use Monte Smith's advice to use a DP arrangement rather than the inverted Spider (which was obviously MY advice), that unfortunately lead to a MAJOR piston failure

3) After reviewing the data logs the car owner decided to act on MY advice, which was when he fitted the Inverted Spider.

So with all the above in mind, this is what he had to say after his FIRST few runs in VERY BAD track & weather conditions;

Yes I have good news.

Went out Friday night with just one solenoid flowing 1400 lbs/hr (350 hp) and made one hit to the 330 and she was a little fat so we cleaned it up a bit and went 5.16 @ 142, then 5.13 @ 142 and 5.18 @ 143.

Track was bad and DA was over 3000 with 130 grains of water, it was ugly.

The numbers are a bit low from prior runs at that flow rate, but we were in a lot better conditions then.

Last year we went 5.05 @ 143 in good conditions, on a bigger tire, but a bit heavier.

I am sure we could surpass that and probably run in the 4.90s in better conditions at that flow rate.

Our best 60’ was 1.31 where we went 1.21 on the 5.05 pass.

MPH were the same so she is making just as good power in worse conditions.

We also had 3-4 more degrees of timing out and it was still fat and we did not try to do too much tuning.

The 5.05 pass was finely tuned and clean.

Distribution on the spider only running one solenoid was better than the DP systems.

Just to expand on his last statement;

1) He wanted to run at half the system power, to see how the Spider performed as it was all new to him.

2) I suggested reducing the lift on BOTH Pulsoids but he said he hadn't got time to do the flow testing accurately enough so he disconnected one Pulsoid.

3) The Spider does NOT flow as evenly with 1 Pulsoid, as it does when fed by 2 and yet he STILL experienced BETTER DISTRIBUTION than when using a DIRECT PORT set up.

4) Now this would be FANTASTIC enough if we were comparing a FULL Fogger kit with the Spider, as even on one Pulsoid I'd STILL EXPECT that to be the case BUT the DP set up he was using CONSISTED OF THE FOLLOWING;

1) Two Pulsoids

2) Brock Davidson shower heads connected directly to the Pulsoid outlets

3) Metering jets located in the shower heads

4) Our nylon supply pipe to very basic outlet nozzles

5) MOST IMPORTANTLY - THAT SET UP WAS FLOW TESTED & VIDEO'D WHICH PROVED THE DISTRIBUTION WAS PERFECT OFF THE ENGINE

Anyone want to guess/speculate as to WHY that was the outcome.

A clue for you, is that the DP nozzles were located at the normal location that ALL single stage US kits have them fitted.

While you're chewing on that one, let me just say that the answer CONCLUSIVELY PROVES one of my MAIN PRINCIPLES AGAINST US brand kits. :yes: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Whatever you do you CAN'T MISS this RADICAL NEW CONCEPT;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6764

Here's a taster;

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

If you look at my first post with pictures (of our UNIQUE design of showerhead), you can see how close the finished product is and how much better they look in comparrison;

To say I'm PROUD to add these to our product range is a MAJOR understatement.

Although I provide the initial 'rough' design specification to my CAD man David Langfield (my nephew) and tightly control the design process up to manufacturing 99% of our products, I have to make sure due credit is given to Dave for transforming my ideas in to such impressive end products.

While talking about Dave's major contribution to the design of our product range, I'd like to mention that in those 1% of cases where he's done it ALL with little to no input from me, he's still done an outstanding job, as in the case of the X-10s and the Max-Flow bottle valves.

For more pics of our UNIQUE showerheads, please check out our recent Facebook posts;

http://www.facebook.com/NOSwizards?ref=hl

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 am 
Site Admin

We're getting closer;

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... f=6&t=6565

More and even better news to come. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

The American customer using our dual 450 HP Pulsoids feeding our UNIQUE inverted Spider system has just recorded his first real win and posted a 4.9 sec run in the process.

He did actually win an early event but as it was poorly supported we decided not to bother mentioning it.

I hope to have some recent pictures of the car soon.

This result is the quickest time achieved by a Spider so far but I've no doubt the car will run MUCH quicker, as he gets a better handle on the optimum tune up.

Reports of more track successes and MANY more positive matters relating to the success of WON business to come ASAP.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 am 
Site Admin

More product news at the end of the following thread or go to our Facebook page to see our latest posts;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5520&p=82324#p82324

http://www.facebook.com/NOSwizards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)