NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: MAJOR forum popularity
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure it seems to most people that this forum isn't that popular because so few people participate on it. However, we have just managed to apply Google stats to the forum for the firsat time and the results are as I've expected them to be, which is OUTSTANDING.

Despite the lack of daily posts, the stats indicate that MANY MORE people visit and READ the site and hopefully LEARN from it.

I know that my involvement on the forum has driven away a few people, who thought they knew better than I did and didn't like the FACT made public, so I've often 'felt' that despite the lack of daily posts, the forum was VERY POPULAR, because I'm often told by new or would be customers, how often they visit it and how long they spend on it.

Until today Ant has been of the belief that my long and detailled posts (here, on Facebook, our Website, etc.) are a waste of time, as his 'narrow' view has been based on the AVERAGE stat figures from our website, relating to such pages. However, since getting the Google stat facility on the forum and after suggesting that he IGNORES the average figures and looks at just those where people don't 'bounce off', he's now realised that my posts are NOT a waste of time, as a substantial number of people spend in the region of ONE to THREE HOURS reading through the forum EVERY DAY. :yes: :yes: :yes:

The strange thing is that MANY MORE (twenty plus times as many), read the forum than visit our website, which suggests to me one of two things;

1) Either there are a LOT of people using US kits who are learning how to make the best of them

OR

2) There are a lot of people using US kits who are considering the switch but not just yet

Hopefully the 2nd explanation is the one, as trying to apply my UNIQUE knowledge to GARBAGE US kits, is like trying to polish a TURD!!!! ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: MAJOR forum popularity
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:51 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
I know that my involvement on the forum has driven away a few people, who thought they knew better than I did and didn't like the FACT made public

The thing that I appreciate and respect that some don't is that you tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear!

Quote:
...trying to apply my UNIQUE knowledge to GARBAGE US kits, is like trying to polish a TURD!!!!

Being somewhat in both groups, I can't wait until I can afford to flush my poop and get a REVO on my bug! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

[quote="Bad Bug Two"]The thing that I appreciate and respect that some don't is that you tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear!
Thanks for that Jeff and I'd go one further, I tell them the TRUTH even when it's not what they want to hear and unfortunately it seems that most people would rather hear a LIE they WANT/EXPECT to hear, than hear the truth even though the truth is what's best for them.

Being somewhat in both groups, I can't wait until I can afford to flush my poop and get a REVO on my bug! :twisted:
Me to, as I don't want the NOS stuff getting any credit for the knowledge you now have, for getting better results from it than would otherwise be the case.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:56 pm 
Learner

most visits by me lol as i am determined to learn as much as i can about nitrous.
And as your the best i come here.
plus bretts a top bloke u both helped me a lot so far

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 am 
Learner

now you just need a way to make a pop up happen for every "visitor" that isnt registered. just an invitation to post. let them know they are welcome. 1 pop up as soon as they go to the site as a guest should suffice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 am 

TRUTH even when it's not what they want to hear and unfortunately it seems that most people would rather hear a LIE they WANT/EXPECT to hear, than hear the truth even though the truth is what's best for them.

Material 70-505 http://www.thepass4sure.us/70-505-dumps.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:07 pm 
Wizard

Bad Bug Two wrote:
Noswizard wrote:
I know that my involvement on the forum has driven away a few people, who thought they knew better than I did and didn't like the FACT made public

The thing that I appreciate and respect that some don't is that you tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear!

Quote:
...trying to apply my UNIQUE knowledge to GARBAGE US kits, is like trying to polish a TURD!!!!

I'm with you Jeff!
Some folk dont want to hear what the NEED to hear. They only hear what they WANT to hear... I'm just about done with a couple of "friends" who wont listen. They keep harping on about info they get from "guys at the track" which pisses me off. The "guys at the track" have given advice along the lines of:

1. You need -4 or -6 lines as a minimum for nitrous when running your 100 shot as this helps in cold weather.
2. This is a classic for me... "make sure the braided lines run in smooth curves to prevent choking the gas flow"
3. If the weather is cold just increase the nos jet size until it runs fast.. WTF !!!

I give up...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 pm 
Learner

does nitrous thicken up in cold weather then lol i have this image of nitrous treacle running down the lines lol
what about the big restiction in the olives lol
that sounds like horid advice lol

you kinda wanna let these people carry on beliving bullshit but they only need to tell a few people this info and it could cost someone alot of money

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am 
Site Admin

The problem with nitrous is that EVERYONE 'THINKS' they are an expert and that it's 'SIMPLE'. :beatstick: :beatstick:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm 
Wizard

I'm an expert!!!

X being the unknown factor and Spurt being a drip under pressure :omgrofl:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

:salute:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)