NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: here is some american diesel power
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:24 pm 
Learner

just wanted to share with you guys the stuff that i do and what i am into. here is a few of my buddies trucks and ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVPn0_5QN34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2uLsx9OZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsynsYnpHKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3nWNOEQDGM

well over 2k hp with tripple turbos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnPSiCzLZzs

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: here is some american diesel power
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Very interesting.

What's that first clip all about???

I assume that none of those vehicles are using nitrous!?!?!?

If they are then they aren't using enough and if they aren't then they should be but either way I could have them making MUCH MORE power and running MUCH QUICKER 1/4s using my systems and knowledge.

BTW Gale Banks informed me that he runs EXTREMELY LEAN so NO smoke and a couple of years ago we had a customer who held the World record for a diesel 'truck' (over here that means the cab section of a commercial articulated lorry - not sure what you guys call these vehicles) and we had him running clean as well to achieve these , which avoided all that fuel waste and the pollution aspect as well. :yes:

The truck was a 6 cyl Volvo which had 2 stages of WON nitrous and it was owned and based in Malta.

If you're wanting to run quicker times, you've come to the right place. ;)
I can't remember the exact time it ran at the moment but I believe it was in the 9 sec bracket.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm 
Wizard

Was the first clip a dyno pull of some sort ??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:17 pm 
Learner

yes the first clip is a dyno pull. thats my buddy adam. he had converter issues which would not let it spool hince all the smoke. there are quit alot of classes that do not allow nitrous on diesels and the biggest being sled pulling. trust me, we no about nitrous on a diesel and the first clip, the white ford with a cummins is running 2 stages. truck only made 700hp on fuel no nitrous and with 2 stages it made 1374 at the wheels. the big thing about diesels is cylinder pressure. to much nitrous will pop head gaskets everytime when you have a compound turbo setup making tripple digits for boost. lots of guys run in the 120 to 180psi of boost range on these trucks.

as for gale banks, that guy is a joke. dont get me wrong, sells lots of stuff, but every other true diesel performance shop has been WAY quicker. as for being lean and no smoke, that is correct. truely, as of now only durmaxes can acheive this as they can custom tune their trucks with efi live. they can change the pulse duration of the injector, timing of the injector, rail pressure and so on. cummins guys are so limited as our bosch computers are almost un hackable. there are 2 companies that are coming out with stand alone ecms that will give us unlimited tunability but till then, cummins will always be a little smokey.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:01 pm 
Wizard

inline6power, thanks for taking the time to post. Have you got any of your diesels? In particular, the nitrous ones and all particulars of. What sort of intake temperatures does 100psi of boost make? Is that why you find nitrous best used for intake cooling than combustion?

I think Artic tractor units (not agricultural) are referred to as Semi's in the states,Trev.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

inline6power wrote:
yes the first clip is a dyno pull.
Why is the truck so high of the ground????

trust me, we no about nitrous on a diesel and the first clip, the white ford with a cummins is running 2 stages. truck only made 700hp on fuel no nitrous and with 2 stages it made 1374 at the wheels.
Well those figures indicate that you do, so is this one of the trucks that has FIXED fuel delivery and if not why is it smoking when using so much nitrous???

the big thing about diesels is cylinder pressure. to much nitrous will pop head gaskets everytime when you have a compound turbo setup making tripple digits for boost. lots of guys run in the 120 to 180psi of boost range on these trucks.
That's an insane amount of boost, has anyone ever tried reducing the boost (while keeping the same turbo combination) and adding more nitrous, because in my experience that produces quicker ET's?

as for gale banks, that guy is a joke. dont get me wrong, sells lots of stuff, but every other true diesel performance shop has been WAY quicker.
When I met him a couple of years ago his truck held at least one world record, so have things changed since then?
Regardless of that, I wouldn't call anyone who built a world record vehicle "a joke" even though he wasn't wise enough to accept my advice.

as for being lean and no smoke, that is correct. truely, as of now only durmaxes can acheive this as they can custom tune their trucks with efi live. they can change the pulse duration of the injector, timing of the injector, rail pressure and so on. cummins guys are so limited as our bosch computers are almost un hackable. there are 2 companies that are coming out with stand alone ecms that will give us unlimited tunability but till then, cummins will always be a little smokey.
LOL - a "LITTLE" smokey - LOL
At least that explains it and makes sense now, although I'm still looking forward to reading your response to my question related to this on another thread.

The following link is to a thread about the TRUCK (the EUROPEAN use of the word) that held the world record using our system at the time it was posted;

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2486

I believe that at a later date it became the first TRUCK to run in the 10s.
Unfortunately some of the pic links have gone missing, so I'll have to try and find the originals and get that sorted ASAP but you can at least get an idea of what we've been involved in.

The truck changed hands a year or so ago and the new owner switched my system for a US brand kit and has had ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS ever since and as far as I'm aware it has only been able to run slower times.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

MikeT wrote:
What sort of intake temperatures does 100psi of boost make?
Interesting question Mike, I'll be looking forward to hearing the response to that myself.

Is that why you find nitrous best used for intake cooling than combustion?
When nitrous is used to maximise intercoolering you get a double return, because it increases density of the remaining charge, more than would otherwise be the case AND you get the combustion benefits of both.

I think Artic tractor units (not agricultural) are referred to as Semi's in the states,Trev.
Ah yes, I remember that term being used in US films now you mention it - thanks.

That's a PERFECT example of how Brits and Americans could end up in a battle over NOTHING due to the different use of the same word in each country. I could be claiming a 'truck' world record of 10 secs and an American would be laughing at me because their 'trucks' (being a totally different type of vehicle that are much smaller and lighter, etc.) have run much quicker times.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:10 pm 
Learner

Why is the truck so high of the ground????its a mobile dynojet 248h
http://www.classyauto.com/v/Custom+Buil ... ojet/80682 this is what i am talking about

Well those figures indicate that you do, so is this one of the trucks that has FIXED fuel delivery and if not why is it smoking when using so much nitrous???yes the truck you see on the dyno has a P7100 inline injection pump. has fixed fueling , well fixed fueling where you set it and it also has fixed timing . thats why when you see our big time sled pullers here, it sounds as if the truck has a lope or a bad miss. its all timing.

That's an insane amount of boost, has anyone ever tried reducing the boost (while keeping the same turbo combination) and adding more nitrous, because in my experience that produces quicker ET's? correct. not what we are doing is using tripple turbo chargers. i will get you a pic. its still in a compound setup but instead of having a smaller turbo over a big primary, we are splitting the primary turbo and getting a little less boost with with more cfm thats colder.

When I met him a couple of years ago his truck held at least one world record, so have things changed since then?
Regardless of that, I wouldn't call anyone who built a world record vehicle "a joke" even though he wasn't wise enough to accept my advice.i will post a video of gale on a interview about nitrous and you tell me what you think of it. he is a joke.

I believe that at a later date it became the first TRUCK to run in the 10s.
Unfortunately some of the pic links have gone missing, so I'll have to try and find the originals and get that sorted ASAP but you can at least get an idea of what we've been involved in.

The truck changed hands a year or so ago and the new owner switched my system for a US brand kit and has had ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS ever since and as far as I'm aware it has only been able to run slower times.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:45 am 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
MikeT wrote:
What sort of intake temperatures does 100psi of boost make?
Interesting question Mike, I'll be looking forward to hearing the response to that myself.

Is that why you find nitrous best used for intake cooling than combustion?
When nitrous is used to maximise intercoolering you get a double return, because it increases density of the remaining charge, more than would otherwise be the case AND you get the combustion benefits of both.

(Showing my ignorance again but) I thought it was more desirable to have denser nitrous reach the chambers? Could it be that at such high intake temperature (whatever they are) and boost pressure the tables are turned and more power is made cooling the charge?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:25 am 
Site Admin

There will be a certain boost pressure above which that may well be the case.

Ignoring everything except the amount of oxygen being provided, at some boost pressure there will be as much oxygen in a cubic inch of air as there would be in a cubic inch of nitrous at normal atm pressure, so exactly what effect the boost pressure has on what pressure the nitrous ends up (and therefore it's density), I haven't given much thought, plus as nitrous increases vacuum on a NA engine, you'd expect it to drop boost pressure (and that probably does happen) but that is more than made up for by the increased exhaust flow speeding up the boost pressure rise rate.

Plenty to chew on for a while there Mike.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm 
Learner

here you go Trev, this is why Gale Banks is a Joke and just blows smoke up everyones ass. if you only knew half the stuff i do about him and the bs he pulles, you would understand. he is a hell of a advertisment guy and sells a crap load of banks stuff based solely off of this. his products have never one a competition in drag racing, sled pulling or in land speed records when it comes to diesels and i can prove it if you would like. just cause some of his projects like the sidewinder and so on have a banks sticker on the side, their are quit a few UN NAMED products on the truck that actually make it perform. please pay attention to the video at around the 55 second mark and you tell me what you think about ole Gale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poCsdMrm ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm 
Learner

inline6power wrote:
please pay attention to the video at around the 55 second mark and you tell me what you think about ole Gale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poCsdMrm ... re=related

Man I'm a turbo guy with a penchant for nitrous and I only lasted 3 minutes into that video before I had to turn it off. Something about deliberate misionformation makes me mad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 am 
Learner

i agree 100%. i to am a turbo guy but love nitrous and this gale banks is such a joke its not even funny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:48 am 
Site Admin

inline6power wrote:
here you go Trev, this is why Gale Banks is a Joke and just blows smoke up everyones ass.
Before I make any further response let me first say that I have no big love of Gale Banks or his company, as they didn't take up the opportunity to use and sell my products, even after I spent a great deal of time designing a system for them and working with their tech team to explain our perspective of how nitrous can be used to optimise performance in conjunction with modern injection management systems but I'm NOT QUICK to slate anybody without a REALLY GOOD reason and although I was less than impressed by the above outcome, I don't think it justifies me being offensive to Mr Banks.
Furthermore, I listened to him speak at a PRI seminar and spoke with him personally afterwards and he struck me a knowledgeable and decent guy based on that limited amount of contact so my current position is NEUTRAL on the matter.

if you only knew half the stuff i do about him and the bs he pulles, you would understand. he is a hell of a advertisment guy and sells a crap load of banks stuff based solely off of this.
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any of that and as I've seen the same kind of thing posted on forums against myself (when it's been TOTALLY UNTRUE), I'd have to remain uninfluenced by your experiences until I have first hand experiences of my own to judge him on. BTW I'm NOT saying that what you've said about Gale Banks is untrue, as I have no first hand experience to know if that's the case or not.

his products have never one a competition in drag racing, sled pulling or in land speed records when it comes to diesels and i can prove it if you would like.
So the claims he makes in that video clip are DEFINITELY UNTRUE and the records I've seen reported in magazines that they claim he's set are also untrue?????
IF that's the case, how does he get away with it and why do magazines print that information????

just cause some of his projects like the sidewinder and so on have a banks sticker on the side, their are quit a few UN NAMED products on the truck that actually make it perform.
I think that would apply to MOST race vehicles as there are very few (if any) companies that make their own brand of every component needed to build a successful race car but maybe you're meaning that he uses products from other companies, even though he does make a similar product himself and then claims the results for his own products??? If that's the case, although I condemn such activities, it is again common for companies to do that, as NX did when they sold my products under their own name and claimed they had actually manufactured them, when in fact we had. :evil:

please pay attention to the video at around the 55 second mark and you tell me what you think about ole Gale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poCsdMrm ... re=related
There must be some kind of time shift as some Drag racer is talking at about the 55 sec mark.
However, I guess you're talking about his comments about nitrous and although I disagree with some of his comments on that subject, to some extent he is right and it is a commonly held untruth that nitrous is only used on Drag cars, although I have to say that someone in his position should be better informed than that or he should be selling our nitrous products, so he'd have no incentive to lie IF he does know the truth.

One thing to remember about Gale Banks, that as I'm approaching 60 years old myself, I'm more aware of than maybe you will be and that is he's over SEVENTY YEARS OLD and as I know only too well, things start going downhill long before then, so maybe some of what you consider his inadequacies are due to that and if we actually take his age in to consideration, he's doing incredibly well to remember he own name, never mind all the performance shit he mentioned in that clip.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:57 am 
Site Admin

2rismo wrote:
Man I'm a turbo guy with a penchant for nitrous and I only lasted 3 minutes into that video before I had to turn it off. Something about deliberate misionformation makes me mad.

OBVIOUSLY I'm a nitrous guy Adrian and although I know enough about turbos to GET ME BY, when I'm needed to advice on the interaction between the two, it seems that's inadequate to respond accurately to the comments made by Gale Banks about turbos, so please excuse my ignorance on this matter and explain to me what is so outrageous about his statements?

I watched the whole video and although there were a number of sections I wouldn't agree with, on the whole I thought it was a reasonable presentation by a guy who is obviously pro turbos.

I noted the figures he mentioned for power gains relative to temp drop and boost increase but I don't know if they are realistically achievable figures on any vehicle specifically or any vehicles in general, so if you be so kind to enlighten me I'd be very grateful. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
2rismo wrote:
Man I'm a turbo guy with a penchant for nitrous and I only lasted 3 minutes into that video before I had to turn it off. Something about deliberate misinformation makes me mad.

OBVIOUSLY I'm a nitrous guy Adrian and although I know enough about turbos to GET ME BY, when I'm needed to advice on the interaction between the two, it seems that's inadequate to respond accurately to the comments made by Gale Banks about turbos, so please excuse my ignorance on this matter and explain to me what is so outrageous about his statements?

I watched the whole video and although there were a number of sections I wouldn't agree with, on the whole I thought it was a reasonable presentation by a guy who is obviously pro turbos.

I noted the figures he mentioned for power gains relative to temp drop and boost increase but I don't know if they are realistically achievable figures on any vehicle specifically or any vehicles in general, so if you be so kind to enlighten me I'd be very grateful. :yes:

The first thing that irked me was the 10deg(F I assume) = 1% more power. Generalisation or specific example?! Who knows / benefit of the doubt. Next came "1psi of boost = 7% more power". So 10psi and he makes 70% more power? He says "rule of thumb" but when taken in the context of the instructional and supposedly educational nature of the video, it's misleading. What turbo? What engine? It's not a fair statement or, imho, even a real reflection of what most people see.

"Nitrous Oxide is a drag race fuel. It is rarely used anywhere else" - What part of that statement isn't laughable?

"My answer to a nitrous guy is, get a better job, earn some money, supercharge the damn thing, turbocharge the car, then if you want more, then put the nitrous on" - ummmm.... excuse me?

"In any form of racing where supercharging or turbocharging is allowed, turbocharging has always prevailed. It's just how it is. turbochargers do a better job of it." - Sorry, wrong, fail, Top Fuel? Ridiculous.

Voiceover guy credits his engine as creating the turbo revolution on the street? Big call. Huge. But Gale can top the hell outta that.

"In essence what we have here is the world's fastest street machine, the world's fastest doorslammer, and we held that title for like 11 years with this car."

Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Ram air into the turbochargers? Laughable. Cutting edge with blow-through carburettors? No.

Sorry mate, I got to 4:24sec this time but I can't watch it. I'm dumber for having done so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

2rismo wrote:
The first thing that irked me was the 10deg(F I assume) = 1% more power. Generalisation or specific example?! Who knows / benefit of the doubt.
Agreed it's rather ambiguous and as you know I try to avoid such ambiguity with my statements about nitrous but sometimes it can be hard to avoid having to make some generalised statements under certain circumstances, especially if being pressed by media guys to make an impact. It's also VERY LIKELY that his comments were edited and he may well have gone on to expand on his generalised statements but it was edited out. I've had this done to me NUMEROUS TIMES for TV features, where they record hours of DETAIL and then cut it down to SECONDS of sound bites (I believe the term is that they use) and it's ANNOYED the hell out of me. :x
So I don't think it would be fair to judge him on ANY media presentations, unless it is certain that he was TOTALLY IN CONTROL of it. I know it would certainly be unfair of anyone to judge me on the few seconds of content from the TV programs I've been involved in and since I've heard him speak and spoken to him directly I do have a better appreciation of him as a whole, although I wouldn't say even that was enough to judge him on entirely.

Next came "1psi of boost = 7% more power". So 10psi and he makes 70% more power? He says "rule of thumb" but when taken in the context of the instructional and supposedly educational nature of the video, it's misleading. What turbo? What engine? It's not a fair statement or, imho, even a real reflection of what most people see.
Agreed but I did notice that he made a couple of provisos on the above 2 points, which I guessed could not be easily achieved (maintaining pressure with temp drop & no heat increase with boost increase), that I thought would be used to explain why those generalised figures would not be seen in most applications.

"Nitrous Oxide is a drag race fuel. It is rarely used anywhere else" - What part of that statement isn't laughable?
I did say I disagreed with some of his statements about nitrous and that is one of them - LOL

"My answer to a nitrous guy is, get a better job, earn some money, supercharge the damn thing, turbocharge the car, then if you want more, then put the nitrous on" - ummmm.... excuse me?
That was the worst comment of the whole clip and extremely condescending and when I think about it, proves that he is fully aware that nitrous is used on the street AND by who he considers to be 'poor' people. I certainly found that comment to be inappropriate at best and downright offensive at worst.

"In any form of racing where supercharging or turbocharging is allowed, turbocharging has always prevailed. It's just how it is. turbochargers do a better job of it." - Sorry, wrong, fail, Top Fuel? Ridiculous.
I don't think we should take that statement so literally, as there are numerous classes where that's not the case but in most classes where turbos have been introduced, they have ended up dominating it, so although he's enlarged on the true situation, the gist of his statement is based on an element of truth and I'm sure he concede that point if we were discussing it with him. Since a turbo delivers 'relatively' free power and has an unlimited supply, they should really dominate the power source market, which was the thrust of his point.

Voiceover guy credits his engine as creating the turbo revolution on the street? Big call. Huge. But Gale can top the hell outta that.
Agreed but based on the false claims made by US nitrous companies it seems that American performance companies can get away with making exaggerated claims for their products/results. According to EVERY US nitrous company they ALL make the most advanced and best products in the world but we all know they are ALL lying. It just seems to be the norm over there (in some parts of the performance sector at least), that anyone can claim anything, as there doesn't seem to be any trades description laws as there are over here.

"In essence what we have here is the world's fastest street machine, the world's fastest doorslammer, and we held that title for like 11 years with this car."

Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Do you know that to be untrue?

Ram air into the turbochargers? Laughable.
Yes I found that rather strange based on the fact that turbos generate boost without such assistance but for a land speed record, it may very well be beneficial and the location they were using, was the best for cool air and aerodynamics as far as I'm aware.

Cutting edge with blow-through carburettors? No.
LOL - but remember IF that car set the record 11 years before the recording and my bet is that the recording itself is a few years old, then it could have been built approx 15 years ago and remember this is in AMERICA, where EFI on V8 performance cars is even now a relative rarity, even on some modern turbo cars, so it could well have been considered cutting edge back then.

I'm quite sure that the likes of Speedtech will be claiming that their multi-stage nitrous kits are still cutting edge technology, despite the fact that my pulsed technology puts it in the dark ages and the REVO makes them prehistoric.

Sorry mate, I got to 4:24sec this time but I can't watch it. I'm dumber for having done so.
Nothing to be sorry for Adrian, I guess I must just be getting more tolerant as I get older and considering I'm accused of being overly aggressive on forums, it's probably for the best. LOL

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:47 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
inline6power wrote:
here you go Trev, this is why Gale Banks is a Joke and just blows smoke up everyones ass.
Before I make any further response let me first say that I have no big love of Gale Banks or his company, as they didn't take up the opportunity to use and sell my products, even after I spent a great deal of time designing a system for them and working with their tech team to explain our perspective of how nitrous can be used to optimise performance in conjunction with modern injection management systems but I'm NOT QUICK to slate anybody without a REALLY GOOD reason and although I was less than impressed by the above outcome, I don't think it justifies me being offensive to Mr Banks.
Furthermore, I listened to him speak at a PRI seminar and spoke with him personally afterwards and he struck me a knowledgeable and decent guy based on that limited amount of contact so my current position is NEUTRAL on the matter.

if you only knew half the stuff i do about him and the bs he pulles, you would understand. he is a hell of a advertisment guy and sells a crap load of banks stuff based solely off of this.
Unfortunately I'm not aware of any of that and as I've seen the same kind of thing posted on forums against myself (when it's been TOTALLY UNTRUE), I'd have to remain uninfluenced by your experiences until I have first hand experiences of my own to judge him on. BTW I'm NOT saying that what you've said about Gale Banks is untrue, as I have no first hand experience to know if that's the case or not.

his products have never one a competition in drag racing, sled pulling or in land speed records when it comes to diesels and i can prove it if you would like.
So the claims he makes in that video clip are DEFINITELY UNTRUE and the records I've seen reported in magazines that they claim he's set are also untrue?????
IF that's the case, how does he get away with it and why do magazines print that information????
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ he has lots of it and sponsors alot of the mags.

just cause some of his projects like the sidewinder and so on have a banks sticker on the side, their are quit a few UN NAMED products on the truck that actually make it perform.
I think that would apply to MOST race vehicles as there are very few (if any) companies that make their own brand of every component needed to build a successful race car but maybe you're meaning that he uses products from other companies, even though he does make a similar product himself and then claims the results for his own products??? If that's the case, although I condemn such activities, it is again common for companies to do that, as NX did when they sold my products under their own name and claimed they had actually manufactured them, when in fact we had. :evil: dont think you quit understand about what i mean on this statment. when i say he dont have much of his own stuff on HIS so called projects, i mwan just that. the sidewinder s10 truck that runs 7s only has 1 product of his and thats a intake manifold yet he claims the whole truck was built entirely by his place and thats false. you will never see a banks powered truck win any competition and thats the truth.

There must be some kind of time shift as some Drag racer is talking at about the 55 sec mark.
However, I guess you're talking about his comments about nitrous and although I disagree with some of his comments on that subject, to some extent he is right and it is a commonly held untruth that nitrous is only used on Drag cars, although I have to say that someone in his position should be better informed than that or he should be selling our nitrous products, so he'd have no incentive to lie IF he does know the truth.

One thing to remember about Gale Banks, that as I'm approaching 60 years old myself, I'm more aware of than maybe you will be and that is he's over SEVENTY YEARS OLD and as I know only too well, things start going downhill long before then, so maybe some of what you consider his inadequacies are due to that and if we actually take his age in to consideration, he's doing incredibly well to remember he own name, never mind all the performance shit he mentioned in that clip.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

inline6power wrote:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ he has lots of it and sponsors alot of the mags.
Yes I'm aware that some magazines are strongly influenced by their advertisers, etc. so I can accept that 'may' be the case. However, we were accussed of the same thing when an INDEPENDENT magazine carried out the contest between our system & a Ny-Trex kit (which we won) but that was totally untrue, so I'll still have to keep an open mind on the matter.

One thing I will say, is that Gale Banks should be ashamed of the comment he made about nitrous users needing more money and if that's a typical example of his overall attitude, then it stinks!!!

:evil: dont think you quit understand about what i mean on this statment. when i say he dont have much of his own stuff on HIS so called projects, i mwan just that. the sidewinder s10 truck that runs 7s only has 1 product of his and thats a intake manifold yet he claims the whole truck was built entirely by his place and thats false. you will never see a banks powered truck win any competition and thats the truth.
Do I take it that he COULD have built that truck at his place using mostly his own in house manufactured products but instead he uses products from other companies and other companies built the truck????
It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, because Mike Woods (NX) REPEATEDLY denied that he didn't make the products we sold him and claimed he made them. What he didn't know, was that I had a SECRET CODE inserted in the software, so that if I had to prove we made them, I could tell whoever owned the product to punch in the code and it would display MADE BY HIGHPOWER SYSTEMS UK on the screen, providing ABSOLUTE PROOF that we manufactured them.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:26 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, because Mike Woods (NX) REPEATEDLY denied that he didn't make the products we sold him and claimed he made them. What he didn't know, was that I had a SECRET CODE inserted in the software, so that if I had to prove we made them, I could tell whoever owned the product to punch in the code and it would display MADE BY HIGHPOWER SYSTEMS UK on the screen, providing ABSOLUTE PROOF that we manufactured them.[/color]
[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 pm 
Wizard

He (Banks) tells us nitrous is not much use when the bottle runs out - fair point. What he doesn't tell us is that his systems (including the Firebird) needed ice to give the record-beating performances he boasts. That's why he checks his nose isn't growing when he tries to argue in favour of turbo over nitrous. :tard:

Banks tells us that GM gave him the new Pontiac Firebird with the remit to beat a speed record and in 1987 they did just that.

Also, along with the Pontiac, Banks was given a fleet of GM pickup trucks and, after realising that diesels aren't limited by detonation (which his petrol turbo and ice-intakes were) began producing bolt-on kits for specific GM diesel engines.

I think inline6power has a valid point about the BS. Banks is very condescending and obviously sees his customers as dumb rednecks (is that the right term?). At least, that's my insight from what I've seen/read.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm 
Learner

MikeT wrote:
He (Banks) tells us nitrous is not much use when the bottle runs out - fair point. What he doesn't tell us is that his systems (including the Firebird) needed ice to give the record-beating performances he boasts. That's why he checks his nose isn't growing when he tries to argue in favour of turbo over nitrous. :tard:

Banks tells us that GM gave him the new Pontiac Firebird with the remit to beat a speed record and in 1987 they did just that.

Also, along with the Pontiac, Banks was given a fleet of GM pickup trucks and, after realising that diesels aren't limited by detonation (which his petrol turbo and ice-intakes were) began producing bolt-on kits for specific GM diesel engines.

I think inline6power has a valid point about the BS. Banks is very condescending and obviously sees his customers as dumb rednecks (is that the right term?). At least, that's my insight from what I've seen/read.
that would be correct. he is a great buisness man when it comes to making money. he has a truck built, diesel, no smoke, runs fast as hell, not one of their OWN performance parts are on the truck, they take the truck to race events as demo and fun runs, then places 3 to 4 page adds in the magazing telling everyone that if they want to be fast and smokless, they need banks products. people fall for it and buy his junk when it cost 3 times more than the next competitor. you take his 6 gun programer for our trucks and take a programmer from the next competitor, the competitor wins every time and it has been shown on the dyno, race track, sled pulls and so on but i do give it to him, he makes a crap load of money off of lies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:48 pm 
Wizard

So any chance of some setup photos and information of your own trucks inline6power? I'm still very interested to know how much the intake temperatures rise to per 100psi of boost and then how much the nitrous cools it by.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:14 pm 
Learner

MikeT wrote:
So any chance of some setup photos and information of your own trucks inline6power? I'm still very interested to know how much the intake temperatures rise to per 100psi of boost and then how much the nitrous cools it by.

sorry i have taken so long, i am actually responding with my phone. blackberry. i am out of town till tomorrow morning, then i will be home and able to post up some video from my computer. as far as temps go, i dont have a data logger on mine own setup to measure temps, but i can assure you, its hot. now days most big performance diesel guys here in the states are using tripple turbos. they are plumbed just like the picture i posted of the twin setup, but instead of have a smaller turbo on top and a larger primary turbo on bottom, they are using a smaller turbo on top and 2 smaller primarys on bottom. gives you more of a dense air charge with a little less boost needed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:23 pm 
Wizard

Yes please, some pics showing the turbo layout and the cooling/nitrous layout would be where my interest lies initially!

I'm surprised you don't log intake temps but would it not have been done on a dyno? Otherwise how do you tune it - ie determine how much water, alcohol, and/or nitrous to inject? What about EGT's, are they logged? Do you have intercoolers in the mix too?

My IC would probably burst at the seams with 100 psi. I'm also told if I were to push 100psi of boost into my meagre 2L it'll lift the head, melt the pistons and/or bend the pushrods. Of course, we european car owners (well some if not most of us and my car especially) don't have much spare room in the engine bay for all the necessary extra pipework for twin turbos. I'd imagine the intake ducting and pipework would have to be pretty strong too but I'd like to research this further.

Can you do me another favour and explain, if you know, the process of how the boost is compounded with twin or triple turbos?