NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: More fuel/boost pressure/ more rpm/ how were?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:35 pm 
Learner

hello

Now there is so many diesel tuners here you might have some info about the above topic.
This must be relevant because we need diesel in large quantities to get anything out of nitrous etc...

Well we all know were to get the classical tuning box that cheats the ECU to thinking there is less fuel pressure than there really is.

Then there is the tuning box that goes between the injectors and modifies there opening times and so on..
(apparently only available for some cars)

OBD tuning / chip tuning were a tuner or some one who has gotten one of the 4 different tuning files for the engine type loads it directly into your ECU.. (dont know if only 4 but many does get there remap files from the same place)

Now for the more exiting part (well i think)

Larger fuel injectors.. were to get them?
(help here)
Were to cross check to ses if they would work in our engines witch cars can use other sizes?
(my car fiat 1,3multijet 75hp can run with the 90hp injectors feks.)

Modified fuel injectors?
-different or modified nozzles and so on ??? were what works?

Different high pressure fuel pumps..
-what works together
-any modifications that can be done.. were?

Head / camshaft change/modification
-were
-how well does it work

Exhaust - Manifolds/downpipe/the rest..
-Good or bad
-how to?
-were to buy

Gearbox - Clutch/reinforcement of gearbox
-Were to buy
-Best solution

Turbo upgrade
-what size
-what cars orginal turbos can be used?
-what type (vnt, vgt, fgt)

Gauges to get
-egt/fps/oile pressure/ ...etc..

Now to something i just came across some time ago..

Have been looking for some small turboes to fit my 1,3.. and really never found any really good.
But there is a few but there all VNT style turbos. And my car does not have that from the factory so thats the problem.. some PUG have found the codes on there style ECU and can map that function into there original ECU.
The stronger models of my engine has this also but havent found any who has tried to to the same.

Here comes a american company with the Standalone VNT (fleece)
Have read about some other but cant find prizes or any other info on them..

Then there is a company i have contact to in Thailand that makes a piggyback commenrail box that can control boost by a map so it should not be a problem to control vnt with that.. It connects between many sensors and all injectors and is fully adjustable with normal software.. many diesel tuners uses this to get relay nice preformance out of there trucks..
ecu shop.

Did i forget anything..
(btw is it "legal" to link to suppliers??) i do not own a company or have any connection to any of the companys other than as a customer!

If any have info on the above you would like to share please submit! :-)

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: More fuel/boost pressure/ more rpm/ how were?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm 
Wizard

hiya....
well everyman and his dog has a method on extra fueling a diesel... im just gunna ask trev about more fuel as soon as the nitrous stops doing anything... ;)

Post subject: Re: More fuel/boost pressure/ more rpm/ how were?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:30 pm 

Firstly i'd reccommend finding a forum which knows ur fiat diesel engines.

I'm a VAG person myself and own 2 audi's and a vw, hence my knowledge is limited due to experience.

Generally the clutch is the first weak point on most transmissions, I've uprated mine to arguably the best available, a 5 puck ceramic clutch, not for those who like OE feel and smooth engaugement, but guaranteed to handle the torque.
So far i've put 313ft-lb through it and it's fine.

Nozzles aid the delivery of extra fuel but for NOS i'd say stock will do fine, I've upgraded mine to larger, these cost £185 for 4, as mine were old and i'm having a re-map done aswell as larger turbo so wanted to get the most from the map.

Gauges - EGT, Nitrous pressure, and Boost are what i'd reccommend.

Cams- if ur engine is turbo then no need to change as turbo cams are designed with no overlap, high lift makes little difference (unless the lift is crap on ur design) I've known of no upgraded cams on VAG TDi engines, if there are I image it not to be chaep as these would have to be custom manufactured.

Exhaust, anything that can be done after the turbo to improve flow and reduce restrictions is worth doing, de-cat etc

As i've said before you need to find out the specifics of your engine really before you can start modifying, i'm sure the information's out there, just need to find it!