NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The ULTIMATE TDI performance package.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

OK guys this is what you've all been waiting for, the ULTIMATE TDI performance package.

The first element of the total package is a fully adjustable fuel control unit which can either be user adjust by purchasing or hiring an additional programming unit or can be adjusted for you by the supplier.

This unit will provide the following options;
1) THREE alternative maps for different driving conditions, which are easily and quickly user switchable - for example 1 could be set for extreme economy, another for everyday driving and a third for all out power.
2) A switchable ON THE FLY nitrous fuel enrichment option, that will deliver the MAXIMUM possible fuel through the system, to work in conjunction with the activation of a WON nitrous system.

Using the high power no nitrous option, it should be possible to max out the potential power from the engine (without nitrous), to equal if not exceed the power levels claimed/achieved by other remapping options.

Switching to the nitrous mode will allow you to make the maximum possible power, that the fuel delivery system can support.

Unfortunately ALL the figures for these options;
1) Fuel savings in economy mode
2) Maximum power achievable without nitrous
3) Maximum power with nitrous
are unknowns, as they will vary from vehicle to vehicle but the most important thing we do know (and you can be confident of), is the FACT that ALL will be at least as good as the best alternatives and in the nitrous case as high as its possible to achieve.

Now although I can't predict the figures mentioned above, I can provide you with some SPECIFIC examples of what a test vehicle has achieved and the best way to see those is in the form of the dyno graphs below.

The car is a stock Fiat Grand Punto Jtd which makes 130 HP as standard, that has been fitted with a cone filter and had the fuel map 'optimised' to produce 143 HP & 243 ftlbs of torque, as shown in the first graph.

The following graph shows the max'd out no nitrous results of 176 HP & 280 ftlbs of torque;

The following graph shows the max'd out results WITH nitrous of 220 HP & 370 ftlbs of torque;

This last graph shows all the previous 3 on the same axis for comparison purposes;

I should also point out that these results were achieved JUST by throwing on what I call a "Quick fit kit", which JUST consists of a pipe shoved in the air intake BEFORE the intercooler and I'm certain we'll see even better results, after we fit a specifically suitable system, as we now intend to do.

Despite that and the lack of any serious effort to maximise the nitrous results (at this stage), it is interesting to note that not only were peak figures increased but the width of the peak range on BOTH sides was also increased. :twisted: :twisted:

So guys if these kinds of results were achievable of your cars (apparently the bigger the engine the bigger the potential increases potentially possible), would you be happy and should I add the Diesel Wizard to our product range?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: The ULTIMATE TDI performance package.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm 
Learner

Well, I was expecting something pretty exciting but this seems even better than expected.

You need to nudge your Top Gear or Fifth Gear contacts for another slot to let the world know about this revolution in diesel tuning, and stock up on StreetBlaster 150D kits!

If this system is as straightforward to set up as it sounds, demand is going to be staggering.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you like it Lawson and yes it is easy to set up (especially the nitrous side that I just threw on in minutes) and I have a feeling you'll be right about the demand.

Unfortunately Top Gear & the like are dead against giving any publicity, so not much point in getting them involved but I'm sure word will spread quickly enough, once there are a good number of results in the public arena to prove the case. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:37 am 
Learner

the grafs are in Wheel horsepower right? since 112hp mesured on a 143hp engine..?
why does the graff show 1 hp number and the numbers in the side show different..?

looks good.. still no word on how it does what it does and expected prizes?

if its good value for money ill buy! and i think its just the thing for stage 2 garage tuners also without nitrous. is it posible to program your self?

Last edited by fraguzz on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:44 am 
Learner

oh btw.. maby you should call it the ultimate commonrail system because if it had been on a TDI WV i had thought it was only for the VAG-TDI system.. not the JTD, MJET, DDIS, HDI etc..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:39 pm 
Learner

Interesting. I am hanging fire on my NOS progression at the moment and pushing for hard tuning with just the rest of my tuning. In the end I am going to aim to have a clean map for day to day use and one with fuelling to make use of the NOS. I am still using the simple 100 shot, 1.5 bar boost switch, at the moment. I don't however (no offence) want anything bespoke to be in control of my fuelling. I am going to have to keep my own maps for fuelling, to use the NOS effectively.

At the moment I am hovering close to 300bhp without NOS so I wonder what the WON will allow eh? :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

fraguzz wrote:
the grafs are in Wheel horsepower right? since 112hp mesured on a 143hp engine..?
It's calculated engine HP based on wheel HP measurement.

why does the graff show 1 hp number and the numbers in the side show different..?
Good question - it isn't my dyno and as it was only a small difference I didn't bother asking.

looks good.. still no word on how it does what it does and expected prizes?
Not sure what you mean about how it works? Price is to follow ASAP.

if its good value for money ill buy! and i think its just the thing for stage 2 garage tuners also without nitrous. is it posible to program your self?
I agree it is useful for no nitrous applications and yes you can program it yourself but you have to purchase (or hire) the separate programming unit.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 pm 
Learner

how it works.. does it connect to sensors and "cheat" them in to overfueling.. or an entirely diffent way of achieving it..
when can we expect it to be on sale?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:52 pm 
Learner

when can we expect this unit?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

We're trying to arrange some final testing and then I'll be back with a full answer to all your questions.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm 
Learner

guess its these guys:
http://www.f1automotive.com
with there fuel wizard box!

Fuel Wizard

Probably the most advanced diesel fuel quantity tuning box ever likely to be available for universal application to all modern common rail diesel engines. F1 Automotive has helped develop this control unit for use mainly when fitting a sequential LPG system to a common rail diesel engine.

The Fuel Wizard measures electronically the diesel injectors opening times as well as the fuel rail pressure, which it can also alter to increase or decrease power. Having an injector input allows it to measure actual engine speed and load and not just the varying rail pressure. These boxes are capable of delivery maximum torque and bhp improvements with less engine smoke than all others previously mentioned.

Once available they will come programmed either vehicle specific or any engine tuner with a rolling road will be able to programme them individually using Fuel Wizard software.

this kind of answers my Q.

wow hope that wizard box has a good prize and some software i can pay and learn!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

At present we are split between 2 units and testing both to be sure we offer the best for the job.

Both companies are prepared to mod the base units to our requirements for nitrous use and have supplied test units. The only problem is that our test car needs a bit of attention to the transmission components before we can thrash it, so we're being set back a bit.

One of the options is MUCH cheaper than the other but they still claim it delivers, so its a matter of seeing which delivers most bhp / £ and how user friendly they are.

If the cheaper option does everything the more expensive unit does, then we'll only be offering the cheaper unit. However, if the cheaper unit falls short of the expensive unit in any substantive way, then we'll probably offer both.

Stay tunes for the final results ASAP.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm 
Learner

oh btw is this posible to connect to an exteme unit? and is the nitrous map progresive?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Yes on both counts.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:49 pm 

any updates on the diesel kits?

that is a lot of power gain are the engine and turbo upgraded?
just wondering if we want to have more power can we just put more fuel and nitrous in? assuming we have the ability to control the fueling and we have the flow rate of fuel components to support it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:29 pm 
Learner

RRL wrote:
any updates on the diesel kits?

that is a lot of power gain are the engine and turbo upgraded?
just wondering if we want to have more power can we just put more fuel and nitrous in? assuming we have the ability to control the fueling and we have the flow rate of fuel components to support it?

hello

the idear of this unit is to be able to control orginal fuling.. so its kind of endless power ! what the engine will take of corse.. and the limited of the orginal system unless uprated injectors and so on.. if you look at a turbo like a "fluid turbo" its easyer the turbo brings more air to the mix as does the nitrous and the nitrous is not powered by the engine like the turbo so you could """"" make the gains with no turbo upgrade """"..

so yes ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:07 am 

Sounds good!

How far have we gone with the modern diesel common rail engines in terms of additional power from nitrous and fueling? doesnt the stock turbo over rev with this situation? If we are adding lets say 100whp?

so in an ideal situation the engine is just the limit if we have the fuel to support? Has anyone reached the limit of the stock engine? Not by too much heat but by power only?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm 
Learner

good q. there must be a point were the engine flows more exhaust gass than the wastegate can bypass...! and a point were a larger exhaust pipe were needed to lower temps.. im looking forward to using this.. sad it has not come out yet would love to take it to the largest car show in denmark.. 01.04.11 were im going to show my car..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:47 pm 

Hi Guys!

Any updates on this? :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately this and most other projects are on hold until further notice, as a consequence of this;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5715&start=0

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 pm 
Learner

whats the expected release date on this..? because i want to blast away this summer... is it something we can get within a month of 6months etc? just so we have a clue if we should start sending money your way?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 am 
Site Admin

For the reason given in my last post (and as I'm still stuck in a wheel chair), this project is on hold until I can participate fully in it again and unfortunately I can't predict when that will be. :cry:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:11 am 
Learner

hope you get up and running soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

OK guys, we have an alternative arrangement to get you making more power from your diesel when adding a WON system and it's CHEAPER!!! :twisted:

Anyone who is local can bring their car in for a WON nitrous remap, that will leave you car running as normal off nitrous (NO smoke) but deliver MAXIMUM fuel at full throttle when the WON system is activated.

Anyone who isn't local will need to download their ECU settings and send them to us by email and we'll then be able to send you the remapped settings to upload. This will require a suitable cable and software which we'll be selling and/or offering on rental.

Price will be approx. £175 plus the cable which will either be £90 outright or £25 loan with £75 deposit.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 pm 
Wizard

trev do you see this being a step up from my ron black box on the new high setting i mentioned i have, running no jet in the pulsoid now so it pulls quite hard in every gear, even if the nitrous does run out quicker.... :beatstick: