NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: c4 vts hdi 138
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 pm 

hey all first post ok i hae the aboe on a 06 plate its a diesel engine i hae had it remapped and im guessing its around 170 now it runns sweet but im obiously here as i want more noy greedy i would be happy if i could get 30bhp safely most important i dont want to blow my car up! can my car do this safely i recently got banned from my c4 forum for disscusing this :beatstick: the owners and mods really hammered me on it they said alot of stuff i just didnt understand to be onhest the forum is c4 owners google c4owners wizards of nos and you will see the thread may let you know ig my car is right gor this if a mod could look into it i ould appreciate it!!!!!!! i ould like this on my car if aslong as it doesnt shorten the lifespan of this car any help much apreciated thanks norm

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: c4 vts hdi 138
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm 
Learner

hello norm

welcome to the forum.. have read the c4owners posts..!

well most of them is telling the truth.. nitrous in a diesel engine will do near nothing unless you have extre fuel (mail them to get info on how)

I personaly think that a remap or any other tuning device/setup will damage the engine and transmission more than fitting a nitrous kit with simular power output... why.. well you only have more power 10-20 seconds the remap will increase power levels all the time and then you will put more pressure on the engine/transmission.. i dont realy see how people think turbo is more safe than nitrous.. you can have a standard car 90% of the time an a push on a botton it will lift off :albino:

my car smokes a bit under accleration. and that indicates that i have left over fuel.. and i can realy feel the nitrous kicking in!

.... if you can add more fuel easy(read above) i would buy nitrous again! and then theres the street respect for driving with nitrous on a diesel ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:30 pm 

ok thanks for the reply to be honest i still dont understand all that well on the exhuast fumes my motar gas a particle filter on it i think this stops smoke alough when i do put foot down it sometinmes gies the odd puff of smoke im not sure if you think its a good or bad idea? not the most mechanicle minded if its not for my car i wont do it feel ill bout it now i wanted it too

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:13 am 
Learner

well yes your filter will remove alot of the smoke so you wont see it.. but if you are seeing it anyways it appears that your car is wasting alot of fuel since the filter does not clear it all.. then nitrous would give you a boost..
but not 30hp.. then i think you would have to add more fuel when on gas..

but the wizards knows this better.. alot of pugs with hdi has been fitted as i recall with good results...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to my forum Norm,

I made the following post on the C4 forum in order to set the FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!

Hi everyone,

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Trevor Langfield and I’m the founder and Managing Director of Highpower Systems International Limited (AKA The WIZARDS of NOS).

May I first of all state that this is not intended to be an advertisement but after reading the thread relating to my company and my products (which contained so much misinformation and untruth’s),
http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... php?127309

I felt compelled to set the record straight and that’s the only reason for my posting here today.

First of all I’d like to respond to Rich Eason;
I’m extremely offended by your statement “First thing is that they are a business selling a product therefore they'll say anything to entice you in” which borders on being libellous, as it is entirely UNTRUE. I pride myself on the fact that we provide our customers with the ENTIRE TRUTH about our products and what they can expect from them and I’m sure that our reputation will confirm that to be the case. If that were not the case, we would not have posted the statement you copied and pasted in to the thread in your first post, as we’d just do what all other nitrous companies do, which is to sell kits to diesel owners based on the results achieved on petrol engines, because telling the truth about applying nitrous to diesels doesn’t sell as many kits as that does. Furthermore, you’re entirely incorrect about nitrous use on a diesel engine automatically leading to damage that would be costly to fix, as you stated “£404 is also a lot of money for something that could cost you three times more to fix...” , because the reverse is the truth!!!
The TRUTH is that it is almost impossible to destroy a diesel engine using nitrous and I only know of two customer in 15 years who have managed to do it and both were pushing the engines to insane power levels and were using propane, which is far more likely to be the cause of engine failure on a diesel than nitrous is.

To Big John D,
Whilst it’s potentially true that increasing the torque of an engine using nitrous could result in the output exceeding the limits of the clutch, gearbox, etc., the same applies to all other forms of power enhancing. However, unlike other power enhancing methods, nitrous is infinitely adjustable in seconds and can therefore be adjusted to stay within safe limits.

With regards to insurance, I pride myself on being such a responsible person, that I spent 2 years persuading Adrian Flux to cover our customers, to ensure they were not tempted to break the law and as a consequence all our customers should be able to obtain suitable cover at a reasonable price.

To Ham,
Adding nitrous to ANY engine (least of all a diesel engine) does NOT automatically result in the engine life being shortened and the reverse is more likely to be the case when compared to other performance enhancing methods.

To Biohead,
Having had the ECU remapped and then adding nitrous does not automatically mean the original map expense was wasted. There is always diesel being wasted at some points in the rpm range, no matter how good the map has been created and the more powerful the map the more that’s going to be the case. If that results in an adequate power increase then the remap doesn’t need changing. Furthermore, there are units available that allow you to switch between 3 maps, so you can have your original map, a tuned map and a nitrous map, so once again the remap would not be a waste.
Nitrous does not act as an “atomiser” it is an OXIDISER (which is what I think you intended to say) and as you then say it delivers oxygen (not fuel) to the engine. However, you are wrong to assume that a diesel engine is running at “the perfect ratio” (of fuel to oxidiser), because that is unlikely to be the case, especially on a ‘tuned’ diesel. It may be close to “perfect” at some points but the rest of the time it isn’t and it’s under those conditions more power will be made.
The problem with a diesel (as I stated in the extract that Rich Eason copied and pasted from my website), is that it’s IMPOSSIBLE to know beforehand, how much is being wasted and therefore how much extra power could be gained JUST by adding nitrous ONLY to any diesel. You are therefore only ‘partially’ correct to state that more fuel will be needed (as that depends on how much is currently being wasted and how much extra the customer actually wants) and although that ‘may’ need another fuel map, when using the right products or advice, that doesn’t necessarily mean replacing the existing remap.

Your statement about blowing up a diesel engine using nitrous “Very Easily” is TOTALLY UNTRUE (as I stated in my reply to Richard Eason), it is almost impossible to blow up a diesel engine using nitrous alone. The only way you could damage a diesel engine whilst using nitrous, is if you added propane or methanol as the extra fuel enrichment (rather than a remap), so as long as you stick to using diesel fuel only there isn’t a cat in hell’s chance of suffering engine damage when adding nitrous.

If anyone doubts my statements about the reliability of a diesel engine using nitrous, I’d be happy to bet £1,000,000, that NOBODY could damage a diesel engine using nitrous alone, no matter how hard they tried and no matter how many mistakes they made using the system.

To Wozza,
Pleased to read that someone has some ‘actual’ experience of nitrous on diesels. However, on a diesel car you do not need any of the extras you mentioned; as compared to a petrol car they give very little benefit. More specifically if you’d been looking at our systems you certainly wouldn’t even have been offered a purge system, as only US brand kits need those, because they use the wrong type of nitrous supply pipe. The systems we offer include ‘everything’ that is actually needed to achieve a power increase from a diesel engine, as long as there is adequate surplus fuel already being supplied to it, otherwise a fuel enrichment box or an additional remap is needed as well.

You are however wrong that if it isn’t done properly it can cause expensive problems to fix, as it does NOT matter how badly the system is fitted it will NOT cause any damage and therefore no extra expense. IF you’d been talking about petrol engines, then you are entirely correct, because done incorrectly on a petrol engine, you can totally wreck it.

To C6 Dave,
You’ll no doubt be very surprised to learn that 99% of my customers are road car owners (and not Drag cars) and that approx. 10% of those are diesels. The reason for that is that I spent 25 years or more ‘refining’ nitrous technology to be road car friendly, so they are NOT subjected to the brutal power delivery seen on Drag cars but in contrast, they are a sensible and controlled means of increasing torque and power for everyday road use.

You’re right that an “induction kit” will lose part of the gains” but you’re wrong to assume that a remap can achieve the ultimate performance gains from ANY car, as ONLY nitrous can achieve that, no matter what the engine and I include F1 engines in that statement.

FYI I’m currently working on a EIGHT HUNDRED CUBIC INCH V8 Pro Mod Drag car that is making 1,200 HP without nitrous and will make in excess of TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED HP when he activates my system. We’re also working on a bike with a 50 cc engine for a world land speed attempt that we’re increasing the power of by just 10 HP, so I’m sure you’ll appreciate from this info that I have a very wide range of ‘experience’ to base my statements on.

A couple of final points in response to your last post
We have numerous trade customers who cease to fit our systems for numerous reasons (they lost the guy who was experienced at fitting them, their other business activities took priority, etc. etc.), so you shouldn’t make ‘assumptions’ on such limited information.

The additional power is very unlikely to go “way beyond the safe design limits”, as most manufacturers allow a 30% excess margin to cover themselves for ‘all’ eventualities.

Whilst I appreciate your right to refuse to “condone or support” ANYTHING, might I suggest that such decisions would be better made in the full awareness of THE TRUTH & FACTS of the matter, rather than being based on untruths and misinformation.

I hope my post has informed and enlightened you all and that I haven’t offended anyone by correcting the incorrect statements that were made and as I’m sure you are men who would prefer to pass on the truth, rather than be seen as ill informed guys passing on untruths, I’m confident you’ll be happy to now know the facts of the matter.

For anyone who missed the episode of 5th Gear where we added nitrous to a TDi Golf, you might like to see what can actually be achieved with our systems here;

http://www.noswizard.com/OLD/videos/5thGearEdited.wmv
It’s very entertaining.

The following link is to the episode of Top Gear that although unrelated to diesels, is also entertaining, so please feel free to take a look.

http://www.noswizard.com/OLD/videos/5thGearEdited.wmv

Best regards
Trevor Langfield

PS. My use of caps is just to emphasise selected words and should not be considered as 'shouting'.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:55 am 

hey mr wizard thanks for explaining alot! bday yesterday so no chance to thank you for enlightning me im starting to understand a LITTLE more. i think the guys at c4 may hae changed their tune alittle i would think after a post like that!!! ok where im at! still intrested in doing this more so now, ok so i gather i need more maps to make this work somehow more fuel needed now! fellows from your company who are ery helpfull are waiting for me to get back to them, i was quoted in the region of £350 to do the job do u think this would include the maps needed to fuel more? basically is the £350 enough for me to do the job the way it needs to be done? sorry for so many Qusetions and sorry for takeing so long to get back with my thoughts. but when i say this i mean it MUCH MUCH apreciated!!! if you could guide me into the system that would work for me and could recomend the best garage to do thist for me i think im going to gert it many thanks norm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:04 am 
Site Admin

Hi Norm,

It was a pleasure to set the record straight, as I hate it when complete novices (like the guys on C4) go spouting off utter rubbish about nitrous, when the truth is they don't have the first idea about it's use. I hope you're right (and the lack of responses may indicate that to be the case), that they have realised their mistakes and won't mouth off about nitrous incorrectly again.

With regards to the extra fuel, you 'may' not need any extra fuel depending on what is currently being delivered to your engine but that's the main problem with modern diesels, as there's no real way of knowing if that is the case until you've fitted the system and tried it, as they usually don't smoke (as old diesels did), even when they are running way too rich.

If you are not adding enough fuel now to make extra power from adding nitrous, then the existing map can either be SLIGHTLY modified or an additional map will be needed to deliver extra fuel.

On the costs involved I think you've got confused with the cost of the system and the optional fitting charge.
First of all the system is VERY EASY to fit yourself, so you could save yourself the £350 you were quoted, which is JUST to have us FIT the system - it DOES NOT include the cost of the system itself or any work to increase the fuel delivery. The good news is that we have recently introduced a special fitting discount of £50, so the fitting charge is currently only £300.
The cost of THE SYSTEM ITSELF is £404 (plus delivery and VAT) as shown here; http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=108
If you wanted us to fit it for you it would be a total cost of £704 (plus delivery and VAT) but believe me they are VERY EASY to fit (just time consuming), so you could save that £300.

To be on the safe side, if you don't have enough money to run to whatever is needed to ensure you get extra fuel to the engine (in addition to the nitrous system), then nitrous probably isn't a suitable option at this time, because without having adequate fuel the power increase could be lower than you were hoping for.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm 
Wizard

hope you have been looking trough those diesel car brochures trev...dont forget you are behind schedule in working on the killer diesel fueling gizmo :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 am 
Learner

teddybare wrote:
hope you have been looking trough those diesel car brochures trev...dont forget you are behind schedule in working on the killer diesel fueling gizmo :mrgreen:

:rolleyes: yah we realy need this unit.. im having my turbo fited soon and larger injectors so i want to save money on the remap and get this unit insted..!

back to the topic:
about more fuel.. have seen some videos on diesels were they clame they removed the MAF plug and the car got lots and lots of diesel..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQrRFO7_b8s

first thought was hey an easy way of getting max fuel to my nitrous.. !!OBS!! i know this isent a good idear in normal use because of fuel consumption and way to high EGT i would think.. but maby find out what unpluging the MAF acturly does and put in a rely so it was posible to "under nitrous" switch this extre fuel on! whats your take on this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:02 am 
Wizard

well disconnecting the maf on mine 320d e46 does not cause smoke just a dulling of power so god knows how they get so much unburnt fuel just by doing that..... :beatstick:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:18 pm 

ok been looking hard for something that may creat extra fuel for the hdi google "m-99" im no mechanic so its a stab in the dark but maybe it is of some good fpr the extra fuel if thats even what it does any news on a device for getting more fuel to my engine thanks Norm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:48 pm 

okay have done some looking into this i rang my tuneing company PDT TUNEING and he said he has something called a sadox module he thinks would work to get extra fuel he thinks he could get it to add more fuel as required with nos he is quoteing 399 he seemed confident he can do it he said something like it was a piggy back map or something does this sound right? and am i looking into the right sort of erea ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:59 pm 
Wizard

you may want to hang fire for a bit norm,trev is working on a system to do just what you want, because of his accident its abit behind schedule but looks very good, i myself use a extra fuelling box at the moment with great results on my bmw 320d.. it can be the bane of all us diesel chaps not enough fuel to party with the nitrous ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:19 pm 

teddybare wrote:
you may want to hang fire for a bit norm,trev is working on a system to do just what you want, because of his accident its abit behind schedule but looks very good, i myself use a extra fuelling box at the moment with great results on my bmw 320d.. it can be the bane of all us diesel chaps not enough fuel to party with the nitrous ;)

thanks mate for the heads up what type of box u got and where did u get it?