NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BMW 330d on NOS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:29 pm 

Hi Guys

So I'm new to this forum hoping to gain some insight to my build.

I have a free brand new NX express kit, it's a wet kit which basically just has two solenoids, the tank, the bung and the jets. I will get the right equipment if I can find an adequate tuning solution.

So my understanding of nos on a diesel is basically the tune overfuels the car and retards the timing and the nos burns off the extra diesel. Now with that in mind if I get a flash tune when not running nos I will be constantly overfueling and pumping out black smoke out the rear. Is there any multi tune platform available to use to instantly switch between maps while driving? So I can have a pump fuel performance map and a nos map. The car is not a daily.

Anyway hope someone can help as I don't want to take the next step in completing the kit for my purposes if I can't achieve the above.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Alex

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: BMW 330d on NOS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

DieselFan wrote:
Hi Guys

So I'm new to this forum hoping to gain some insight to my build.

I have a free brand new NX express kit, it's a wet kit which basically just has two solenoids, the tank, the bung and the jets. I will get the right equipment if I can find an adequate tuning solution.
Its a good job it was free otherwise it would have been a waste of money buying that inferior brand, especially as you don't want a wet kit for a diesel, as you don't inject additional fuel via the nitrous system in all but exceptional applications.

So my understanding of nos on a diesel is basically the tune overfuels the car and retards the timing and the nos burns off the extra diesel.
Correct on the over-fueling but you do not alter the timing.

Now with that in mind if I get a flash tune when not running nos I will be constantly overfueling and pumping out black smoke out the rear. Is there any multi tune platform available to use to instantly switch between maps while driving? So I can have a pump fuel performance map and a nos map. The car is not a daily.
My assistant Lisa should have got back to you about this.

Anyway hope someone can help as I don't want to take the next step in completing the kit for my purposes if I can't achieve the above.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

Alex

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!