NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Street Car Challenge 2010 - Santa Pod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:04 pm 
Wizard

Having entered this for 2010, thought I'd read the rules.
NO SLICKS, so I'm definitely in with a chance.
Gonna have to keep an eye on my competitors.
Pel, how come you got away with this? your rubbers are HUGE :rofl:

My 840 is like a hot stripper.
I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Street Car Challenge 2010 - Santa Pod
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 pm 
Wizard

I tell them I'm running slicks. SO my times dont really count Rich. When I can afford some sportman pro tyres I'll be legal in class again. Sometimes I get email from the pod to ask if my runs were on slicks. I always tell them yes!
Thats why I always enter as class X (non road legal) at event days. Luck of the draw really. I could be against a hot hatch on slicks, or a nine second muscle car. :)

At the moment its all about getting a quick ET regardless of tyres. I dont see the point in blowing the tyres away while I'm trying to get the power out of the engine.

Once I hit a sub 10.5 I'll start saving for some treaded tyres.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:02 pm 
Wizard

What are sportsman pro's?
are these a soft street tyre?

Don't worry, just googled them, very nice :yes:

I just keep throwing money at her and hope that someday she will give me the ride of my life

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:16 am 
Learner

I'd go with a m/t e.t street over the sportsman, they are great "street" tire!! Very soft and heat up/get sticky well. I run a 255/60/15 and its good, but my best buddy put the 345/55/18's on his viper and the the clutch didn't last long, could barley spin them on the street with v10 torque!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:22 am 
Wizard

good tip on tires.
BTW the plug gap reduction worked a treat :yes:

Achieved 10 July 2011
13.7 @ 100 mph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 am 
Learner

I run in a similar version of the streetcar challenge here in Holland. It`s called the Streetlegal drags. I`m allowed to use trackday tyres with e4 or e13 approval.
I moved up in class this year from C/SL(14 second index) to B/SL(13 second index).

Hope my nitrous kit will improve my E.T. from 14.49 n.a. to approximately 13.5 or so.
The B/SL class allows DOT tyres and as soon as my streettyres are worn I will switch to Federal ss595 rs-r tyres. This way I can still use them for the street in summer.

The cars need to have valid MOT, insurance, etc. Drivers need to wear a helmet, shirt with long sleeves, no shorts, even in 100 F weather.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm 
Learner

BMW840- Glad that worked well for you. The E.T streets are priced very reasonably on this side of the pond.

Culasse- What does your car weigh? I'm not familiar with it. How much do you plan on spraying?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm 
Learner

It`s a 2008 Honda Civic Type R "lightweight" model, meaning it comes without creature comforts like Aircon (not needed in Holland), hifistereomp3orwhatyacallit, aswell as a few other things.
Technically the car is virtually the same as the American Civic SI.
Stock weight is about 1310 kg, I put the car on a crash diet and now it weighs circa 1200 kg dry. Got the engine up to about 230 bhp with bolt ons like race header, intake, etc.

I`m currently in the process of completing my dp install and intend to bring it up gradually from a 25 to a 75 bhp shot. Should be enough to get me into the 13`s.
If everything goes well I might even try a 100 bhp shot, although that might be too much for my stock 60 mm catback. However, my solution is to add an exhaust cutout to lower backpressures

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

Last edited by culasse on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:58 pm 
Wizard

The Fabia has just been entered for this........... :alien:

Ah well - so there is at least one person I will beat................... :beatstick:

MIND YOU - http://www.rwyb.co.uk/cc_results2010.php?EventDate=20/02/2010#meetings

Rapid Blue - 51st and NO Nitrous running!

Theres guys running at my OLD times :shock:

Fixing issues one support call at a time.......
AKA Blue / IT Rabbit Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm 
Learner

culasse wrote:
It`s a 2008 Honda Civic Type R "lightweight" model, meaning it comes without creature comforts like Aircon (not needed in Holland), hifistereomp3orwhatyacallit, aswell as a few other things.
Technically the car is virtually the same as the American Civic SI.
Stock weight is about 1310 kg, I put the car on a crash diet and now it weighs circa 1200 kg dry. Got the engine up to about 230 bhp with bolt ons like race header, intake, etc.

I`m currently in the process of completing my dp install and intend to bring it up gradually from a 25 to a 75 bhp shot. Should be enough to get me into the 13`s.
If everything goes well I might even try a 100 bhp shot, although that might be too much for my stock 60 mm catback. However, my solution is to add an exhaust cutout to lower backpressures

Oh I see the CTR in your sig now! I've done a couple civic motor swaps. B16a2 in a 92 hatch and a b16b in an 02 coupe. Helped with a couple h22 swaps and a b18b in a 99 coupe. If your motor is putting out that much n/a is see no reason why it wouldn't run deep into the 13's with 100shot, if you can get the wheel hop under control, and a high enough flowing exaust ( a 70mm 0r 75mm.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 pm 
Learner

Hey I see you have more experience with Honda than I have Justin (is that your name b.t.w?)
It's my first Jap ever, had loads of French hot hatches before that.

You are spot on with the wheel hop and the exhaust. I have reinforced the torque rods to keep the engine in check but it's not sufficient. There is a front engine mount that I need to reinforce to get rid of the wheel hop. Try to find some time to fix it.
I'm still on the stock 60 mm catback and as of now there are no bigger exhausts available for this car. An exhaust cutout may help for the 100 bhp shot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm 
Learner

Yes my name is Justin.

Does your motor have the actual ctr header? That peice flows just as well as any after market shiny one. I read a shoot out on honda headers and i think only the JUN one beat the factory by 1hp at peak power, but the honda one was up a couple ft/lbs in the lower rpm range. If you have a ctr header, plus a high flow/gutted cat which on the actual ctr's is directly behind the header. Your 60MM would probably be sufficent. The b18 swap i mentioned was set up for auto cross with frame braces, wicked suspention, and i believe nitto 555's. With a shitty zex kit jetted to 100hp (didn't have a bottle warmer, so probably not even 100) That lil civic clicked off a 13.2 @ 1200ft above sealevel. No timing retard or fancy ignition. Just one step colder ngks gapped down to .035. Keep me posted on how your car run's with the WON kit, those lil hondas always amaze me on what they can do.