NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Activation=Success. Thanks Trevor.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:53 pm 

Well this post has been a long time coming. I purchased my WON kit and progressive controller with all intentions of immediately running it to conquer the world nearly 6 years ago. You see my racing fix comes from sand, not asphalt and I race with a single cylinder four stroke atv that has transformed over the years into the fastest single atv in the world (well US, at least- lol.) Well, I guess- that is really only true for a naturally aspirated bike- that record I hold at 3.77 seconds at 80mph in 300ft sand drags.

Here is a video of that record pass. My bike is the white/ black one in the near lane. The drag chassis bike in the far lane is also a Rotax 870cc powered bike however he was spraying a 40hp shot of nitrous during this race. I ran a 3.77 to his 3.81.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHE-TD-S9to

My race bike is a 2001 Bombardier DS650. This uses the same motor that is in the BMW F650 motorcycle that some of you may be familiar with overseas. It may have another name that I am not aware of over there. The motor is currently 870cc which was done by a 108mm bore and 95mm stroke. It makes right at 100hp in natural aspirated form and carries that power all the way up to 9300rpm. Here are some pics of my bike.

This past weekend I put Trevor’s system to use for the first time in a national event. Why it has taken me this long to finally put Trevor’s system to use- well that is a long one to explain. Life events put racing on the sidelines for a while and then the emotions and challenges of my sport going from a focus on naturally aspirated motors vs racing it with a power adder kept the system on the shelf instead of on the bike. My previous plans to spray my bike at an event were always taken from me by unexpected reasons that I couldn’t control in which I missed those races. Once back up and racing, I chose to go after the N/A records and now a power adder record is my goal. While this wasn’t a 300ft flat drag event- this was a hill drag race over 700ft up the face of Dumont Dune in California. This was my first time racing at this event and setup was a shot in the dark chassis wise for me. On a very conservative 20hp shot which was delayed and progressed at that- we went over 90mph up that hill beating a previous best of 81 mph record done by one my competitors. (To be fair he did go 85.5mph at this event using a turbo system that he had just completed building.) I haven’t even begun to push the envelope and look forward to what exciting things I will learn this year as I race the season using Trevor’s awesome Nitrous system.

I walked away as King of the Hill at an event that has a long history by some of the best racers in the nation. Pleased and honored is an understatement for how I feel.

Here are some videos from this event:

http://vimeo.com/18863600

You don’t see much of my bike in this video until the end for some reason. I’m bike number 74. King of the Hill is determined by taking all the winners of the other classes and running them against each other. It’s the best 2 out of three. I won the first race, threw the chain on the second (loss) and then quickly recovered to win the third race. The races are hot lapped at this event with only 2 minutes allowed for repairs etc.

Another-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VD6257SYsE

At 1:15 you can get a good view of the bikes running right at you. It had 5hp hitting at the base of the hill ramping up to a 20hp shot. Super conservative I know- however I got stuck in a snow storm on the way to this race and got there just in time to race…so I had no tuning time. My first nitrous pass occurred during the race and I quickly tuned between heats. I had previously intended to spray a 40hp shot at this event but didn’t push it. Next time though….its on.

I have nothing but the best to say about this nitrous system. I was using the older style pulsoids and maximizer controller. They worked flawless and gave me advantages others haven’t even realized were possible. I highly endorse his products. You cannot go wrong with a man driven on purpose and results through innovation and proper testing. Thanks Trevor. I look forward to upgrading to your current line of products and thank you for the advancements you have given us.

Regards-
Taylor Dribben
http://www.odpracing.com

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Activation=Success. Thanks Trevor.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 am 
Site Admin

SERIOUSLY IMPRESSIVE!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that you've AT LAST had the WON experience and that the results were so outstanding.

What an AWESOME sport that is (especially on the hills), I bet there's very little rain (if ever), and when you get an oil down it doesn't stop play for hours, plus if you fall off and hit the track it doesn't hurt much (as long as you avoid going under the rear wheels), so it has many advantages over normal Drag racing. 8)

Now let me just make sure I've got this ALL correct;

1) You ran the quickest time you know of, while you were still only NA and beat an all out Drag chassis which was using a US nitrous kit in the process - Correct?

2) You then competed in your first ever attempt at this dune climb event and despite having NO prior experience to set up by and suffering various setbacks, as well as only getting to run HALF the amount of WON nitrous that you'd intended, along with a broken chain in the process (and with what wasn't your best start I'd guess), YOU STILL SET A NEW RECORD for the event and WON it, beating a turbo job and the most experienced racers in the process - Correct?

If that's the case, then God help the rest of the class at any event you attend in future, because you are set to DOMINATE the class MERCILESSLY!!! :twisted: :twisted:

BTW were there any other nitrous assisted racers in the dune event?

Many thanks for the endorsement and the appreciation of both myself and my products.

At last I can now look forward to hearing of more event results from you, which will no doubt be reports of record after record and win after win. 8)

If anyone ever gets close to you from now on (very unlikely), you can always upgrade to a REVO system and leave them in your dust again. :yes:

Thanks for a GREAT report and MANY CONGRATULATIONS on your achievements - EXCELLENT JOB!!!

All the best

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:56 am 
Site Admin

The reason you don't feature much in the vids and why the guy who ran 85.5 was spoken to and not you, was because you beat the 'establishment' whilst being an 'outsider' - that's the kind of shit I've had to face for over 30 years and it's all due to JEALOUSY. ;)

FYI one of the first times I ever used nitrous was at my first attempt at a tarmac hill climb. My rider DESTROYED the class record, lowering it from 30 seconds to 24 seconds at his FIRST ATTEMPT. Before we had time to enter the next event they banned nitrous use, because we were 'outsiders' and we'd destroyed the 'established' riders - the world is full of COWARDS & FOOLS!!!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:00 am 
Learner

Same engine but 5 valves in the head on the Aprilia Pegaso 650 ie , of which I own one .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am 

Noswizard wrote:
SERIOUSLY IMPRESSIVE!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that you've AT LAST had the WON experience and that the results were so outstanding.

What an AWESOME sport that is (especially on the hills), I bet there's very little rain (if ever), and when you get an oil down it doesn't stop play for hours, plus if you fall off and hit the track it doesn't hurt much (as long as you avoid going under the rear wheels), so it has many advantages over normal Drag racing. 8)

1) You ran the quickest time you know of, while you were still only NA and beat an all out Drag chassis which was using a US nitrous kit in the process - Correct? Yes this is correct. I actually outran every nitrous bike there except for two bikes that ran 3.72 and 3.70 during that race. No one there was using your system. I didnt have any nitrous components installed as I didnt want anyone accusing me of spraying when I wasnt.

2) You then competed in your first ever attempt at this dune climb event and despite having NO prior experience to set up by and suffering various setbacks, as well as only getting to run HALF the amount of WON nitrous that you'd intended, along with a broken chain in the process (and with what wasn't your best start I'd guess), YOU STILL SET A NEW RECORD for the event and WON it, beating a turbo job and the most experienced racers in the process - Correct? Yes that is correct. Except that the turbo bike broke during its class and lost. They run the tree differently than what my jockey or I were used to so I told him to make sure he saw green before he left cause they were looking for anyway they can to eliminate me.

If that's the case, then God help the rest of the class at any event you attend in future, because you are set to DOMINATE the class MERCILESSLY!!! :twisted: :twisted: I can only hope. These guys are smart and in many cases have more resources than me...but I'm not going away.

yes- in the open class final you can see a nitrous raptor redlight on me twice and my bike catches up and passes that bike.

Many thanks for the endorsement and the appreciation of both myself and my products.

At last I can now look forward to hearing of more event results from you, which will no doubt be reports of record after record and win after win. 8)

If anyone ever gets close to you from now on (very unlikely), you can always upgrade to a REVO system and leave them in your dust again. :yes:

Thanks for a GREAT report and MANY CONGRATULATIONS on your achievements - EXCELLENT JOB!!!Thank you!! It was fun!

All the best

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 am 
Site Admin

overrated wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

1) You ran the quickest time you know of, while you were still only NA and beat an all out Drag chassis which was using a US nitrous kit in the process - Correct? Yes this is correct. I actually outran every nitrous bike there except for two bikes that ran 3.72 and 3.70 during that race. No one there was using your system. I didnt have any nitrous components installed as I didnt want anyone accusing me of spraying when I wasnt.
You're OBVIOUSLY doing something far more effective than they are and all credit to you for doing it not only differently but also better - no wonder you chose my nitrous system, as the same applies to my products as you well know. ;)

2) You then competed in your first ever attempt at this dune climb event and despite having NO prior experience to set up by and suffering various setbacks, as well as only getting to run HALF the amount of WON nitrous that you'd intended, along with a broken chain in the process (and with what wasn't your best start I'd guess), YOU STILL SET A NEW RECORD for the event and WON it, beating a turbo job and the most experienced racers in the process - Correct? Yes that is correct. Except that the turbo bike broke during its class and lost. They run the tree differently than what my jockey or I were used to so I told him to make sure he saw green before he left cause they were looking for anyway they can to eliminate me.
No doubt they were and a wise move to wait for a solid green, as you have no chance of winning a race from a red light. The fact that the other guy broke takes NOTHING away from your achievements, because RELIABILITY is as big a part of success as the performance capability of the bike and no doubt when you've had your own reliability issues, you've known that to be the case.

If that's the case, then God help the rest of the class at any event you attend in future, because you are set to DOMINATE the class MERCILESSLY!!! :twisted: :twisted: I can only hope. These guys are smart and in many cases have more resources than me...but I'm not going away.
Unless they catch on to your nitrous system, they have no chance and even then it may not be enough to make up for your other unique mods, so I'd be prepared to bet good money on you racking up some wins this year. :yes:

yes- in the open class final you can see a nitrous raptor redlight on me twice and my bike catches up and passes that bike.
:lol: sounds like they have a lot to learn, not only about nitrous but also about racing in general. :lol:

Thank you!! It was fun!
I've no doubt of that!!!! :twisted:

All the best

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:08 am 
Wizard

That is a mad ride !!!
And it looks like you are happy :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 am 

thats awesome mate!

cult member#4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 pm 

WON = WIN :D

looks like a lot of fun!
congrats