NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:59 am 
Learner

After all the stuff above that Loopy posted, those idiots on the Twisted Shit board still wont accept he knows more about pipe and it's use than they do!
I bet Loopy even knows more about pipe than the wizard does, so where do they get off saying that Loopy knows shit?
So they're not only nitrous experts but also pipe experts as well.

Wankers!

Catch ya later

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:33 pm 
You get it all the time Marty, I don't even let it bother me these days.
At the end of the day we can only help those who come asking, people who think they know everything are most dangerous to themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Some people are more danger to others than themselves Loopy as they go about telling untruths to anyone gullible enough to believe them. :cry:
Now that wouldn't be so bad if they didn't also decry those that tell the truth, just to throw the naive well of the path of truth. :evil:
Here endeth todays lesson. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

Oh Marty I forgot to mention Loopy KNOWS a great deal about many nitrous related subjects and has been know to educate me on a couple of occasions and pipe specification etc. is one area where I'll tip my hat to this man but it's not the only one. Loopy can confirm that although I'm confident that I know more than anyone else in the world about nitrous, I'm still the first to accept that there is still more to learn and I'm also the first to accept that someone else out there may have something to teach me (unlike some 'experts' we know of). In fact I have such an open mind that I've even had a lesson from a 14 year old school boy that his Dad thought was a stupid idea. We'd fitted a single kit to a kart with 2 engines and the lag in the fuel delivery relative to the speed of the nitrous delivery was causing a problem. I'd had ideas of how to solve this problem by speeding up the fuel delivery by using a squirter pump as used on some carbs but it was taking me too long to find time to make such a device. This young lad suggested that an alternative would be to delay the nitrous but his Dad told him to stop being so stupid, however I recognised it was a good idea and it's now an important feature of the Maximiser.
That's also another fact that I'd like to point out at this time, I'm happy to give the praise to those that deserve it and not take the credit for other peoples ideas, unlike those that have stolen my ideas for my electronic products and are claiming them as their own (although it must be hard to own up to being a thief).
Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:05 pm 
I may know my "end" of nitrous very well, afterall i live pressure and flow.
But I put that into practice in the nitrous world with just a "few" years of part time playing.
Yeah, i may well be a jump ahead of some so called experts, but i'll accept i'm a country mile behind anyone doing it day in, day out.
(as long as they actually know what and why they're doing it)

The innocence of youth eh ?
The last innocent question I got asked cost me 3 months of spare time and the best part of £600 in gas to answer properly :lol:
The moral ?
Never forget the basics. ;)

I love nitrous, it encompasses so many disciplines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Loopy,

How true your last statement is and it's that wide range of disciplines that has taken me 25 years 24/7 to master, so when anyone else claims they "know" nitrous, it means nothing unless they "know" all the associated disciplines as well.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:32 pm 
Learner

Now that's what I call an intelligent man and anyone who accepts he still has more to learn (when most people consider him the font of nitrous knowledge) gets my support.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

You're the man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:02 am 
Learner

Do you have data sheets on this line? I design equipment that commonly uses nylon line with burst psi's of 2500psi but I've never seen anything that has a working psi of 1,500psi. Everything we've ever used has a working psi around 700psi. I don't know how you got more than double the working psi out of the same wall stock nylon line but we may be interested in buying it from you. I do a lot with high pressure nitrogen for testing equipment and currently end up using expensive high psi line from Parker. You could make some good cash off this line for industrial purposes. What working psi are those compression fittings you use rated to when used with nylon? Or a manufacturer would do....lol.

Another question comes to mind....kind of back to the nitrous topic... :D what is the reduction in ID of that tube when tightened? I haven't seen any mention of a torque spec?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:24 am 
Site Admin

You're starting to sound like TS1 and if you've come here on his behalf then don't think you're being smart asking all the questions that have been dealt with numerous times before.

I suggest you do a search on nylon pipe and read all the associated posts and then come back if you have any further questions.

The only comments I have to make that I will waste my time repeating are that I have this pipe made for me by the best pipe manufacturing company in the UK. It's made to my spec and I'm not interested in selling it to anyone else for any other application.

For your information my supplier is currently working on an even higher spec pipe that we intend to introduce in the near future and while we're selling that, they'll be working on another option for us so we can flow as much volume as braided without the problems of braided.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:30 am 
Learner

Also bear in mind that Loopy (our resident hydraulics engineer) has done some testing on the new Highpower branded nylon pipe and the "low pressure" feed pipe (used from solenoid to injector). The test results are on the previous page and he's not in Trev's pay so not worth his while putting a bias on this.

One of the interesting things is that he has a plastic pipe coming from his pressure pump which is rated to about 40000psi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:46 pm 
HellBent wrote:
Do you have data sheets on this line?

Yes thanks.
Quote:
I design equipment that commonly uses nylon line with burst psi's of 2500psi but I've never seen anything that has a working psi of 1,500psi.

Sack your buyer.
Quote:
Everything we've ever used has a working psi around 700psi. I don't know how you got more than double the working psi out of the same wall stock nylon line

If you really did use a lot of the stuff you'd already know how many types of nylon there were, did reference numbers like "nylon 11" and "nylon 12" never give you a clue to that fact ?
Quote:
but we may be interested in buying it from you. I do a lot with high pressure nitrogen for testing equipment and currently end up using expensive high psi line from Parker. You could make some good cash off this line for industrial purposes.

Cost wise it's prohibitably expensive for industry unless its all that'll do the job like in portable cryo cutting equipment. Your "expensive" parker line is "cheap" compared to this stuff.
Quote:
What working psi are those compression fittings you use rated to when used with nylon? Or a manufacturer would do....lol.

Now i'm going to call you out.
Look under compression fittings in your hydraulic catalogue if you can spare the 30 seconds it'd take.

Quote:
Another question comes to mind....kind of back to the nitrous topic... :D what is the reduction in ID of that tube when tightened? I haven't seen any mention of a torque spec?

You've never used a compression fitting in your life have you ?
The beginers guide is in the "how to" section.

Is there anything else you need spoon feeding or are you ok to look for it yourself now ?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2