NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:13 pm 

After I made that post I realized your company name was "high power" hehe but do you actually have some HIGH POWER systems running at the track? I saw the system you did for Beyond so I assume you at least have one out there. Thats what I like to see, real world tests. I agree with you about the importance of measured acceleration versus dyno hp numbers. I've seen countless combinations that worked great on the dyno but couldn't get out of their own way going down the track.

Was this test of yours on a single nozzle type system (that is what it sounded like)? Do you have some actual quantifiable flow nubmers for these tests? I would think such tests would be great advertising for you and you would want them as known as possible.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

They don't come any more high powered than Johnny's Promod.

http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... img3at.jpg

1,100 stock hp plus the nitrous system that can add up to 3,000 hp

Back later with more info.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:04 pm 

Thats a pretty wicked setup there. How's that car doing in the points chase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone who appreciates my tuning so measuring technique as you just have is VERY WELCOME here. :D

Yes the test was on a single cylinder bike with a single nozzle system (to minimise the variables that a multi cylinder system would introduce).

We have MANY high horsepower / CI engines out there and that's more relevant than just high horsepower engines (as I'm sure you'll appreciate). I'm 100% confident that my systems have achieved FAR higher HP/CI figures than any other system in the world.

One example I can give you is my first test vehicle;
It was a 250cc 4 stroke motorcycle that made approx 16 bhp but after a day on the dyno I reach INPUT figures of nitrous that exceeded 100 bhp - I didn't measure the output figures as the engine response was so RAPID that it was on and off power before the dyno could register peak figures.

This equates to more than 650 HP/ 100CI

These tests were done MANY years ago before I was so concerned about flow rates etc. all I was concerned about was getting quicker acceleration times back then.

With regard to advertising, it wouldn't matter if I listed every advantage my systems have in an advert (most of them are listed here on my site), as most people would still believe the garbage propaganda dished out by the American Nitrous companies, rather than listen to some eccentric bloke from England (even my fellow Englishmen). :x

By the way I've spent many hours talking to the top brass at HolleyNOS, NX and NW (to name just a few) and they all know my products are better than theirs. They'd all love to sell them (NX did for a while) but there isn't enough profit for them due to the adverse exchange rate.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Not too well but Johnny will confirm it's NOT due to any failure of the nitrous system.

He's had numerous engine builder problems but has just found a good one who has found an extra 200 bhp from the engine.

He's out this weekend and we hope he'll get the better of the combo. ;-)

His best time so far I believe is a 4.19 for the 1/8th and although that's approx. 1/10 off the existing record it's still respectable for a team on a VERY tight budget against a field of cars with HUGE budgets.
It's just unfortunate that the nitrous system is only one part of many and as anyone who knows about high 1/4 mile times knows, you need all of them to come together at the same time to produce great numbers.

Regards

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:22 pm 

Split and continued here:
http://www.noswizard.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=980

The thread went way off topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 pm 
Learner

Other than jet changing.. what are the pros/cons to using SS line between the nozzle and solenoids on a DP setup?

Rich

&
2001 Cadillac Eldorado 13.95@101mph
Thanks to Racetested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:45 pm 

Stainless Hardline:
Pros = a stable line that does not flop around like nylon which can get in the way of linkage, etc., some consider it to be nicer and more professional looking, more durable if you need more durable for some odd reason.

Cons: Very time consuming to plumb, you can't retain as smooth of a radius in the bends as nylon, harder to remove jet holder as the line is stiff and not flexible like nylon, metal retains much more heat than nylon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:12 pm 
Learner

Hum... So on a "daily driver" car seeing any and all types of heat/driving situations. What should "a guy" do? ;)

Rich

&
Thanks to Racetested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:42 pm 

Nylon with heat sleeving!

Highpower has some new stuff in that I want to look at or else I am going to contact a company here and see if they can make their standard sizes a little smaller to fit the 4mm line more snuggly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:46 pm 
Learner

Most excellent!

Last time at the track I got a raised eyebrow from the "tech" as he checked my lines in the cab. I've got them *covered* with the imitation braided stuff. He did'nt say anything but he did take a double look. :lol:

I just hope they don't open the hood. I suspect they don't because the truck looks pretty much stock.

Rich

&
Thanks to Racetested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:51 pm 

Your lines are not illegal. The rule book states that the main nitrous line from the bottle to engine bay needs to be braided or "manufacture" spec/supplied.

Lines under the hood DO NOT have to be braided and nylon is allowed.

Keep in mind that in case of a fire the THIN plastic sleeving inside braided will melt and leak just as easy as our THICK nylon line. As you know don't be fooled by the outer cover as the inside is not impenatrable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:53 pm 

The only advantage braided has is a higher burst pressure but besides the main nitrous line this is not an issue. The other lines will never see anywhere near their burts limits and that's why there are no issues unless by some freak mishap which has to be under 1%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:28 pm 
Learner

I'm with ya and won't compromise any design integrity. Anything I can do to make the whole thing "look" like it's so called "normal" the better. This local track is now a IHRA track and they seem to be getting more and more picky about things they know little about.
For instance I was told I would die the way I had my blowdown pipe installed (made out of vinal) :x

However, I only run nitrous at the track. And 90% of the time it's at this track. So the more inconspicuous I can seem the better.

Rich

&
Thanks to Racetested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:51 pm 

But as I said the nylon under the hood is fine and legal. Johnny Barb the IHRA racer used nylon between the pulsoids and injectors on his last set-up without problems.