NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BMW K100RS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 pm 
Wizard

Here's some pics of my install.
1st time with nitrous went direct port with crossfires into intake trumpets,minimax and 20oz bottle.

After 1st rwyb decided to get a quick shifter,Trev supplied a nitrous powered POWASHIFTER.

This required more electrics so a mate helped with a very nice electrical install in the underseat "toolbox"

Managed a very acceptable 3.5 sec improvement in 3 rwyb events and a 40mph increase in terminal speed upto 122mph.

Had a few probs with the shifter setup at first but had that sorted for last meeting when it worked faultlessly until the last pass when it wouldn't shift to 4th on 100hp of N2O.
At the first meeting with the shifter fitted I had 2 "backfires" that blew the front off the plenum chamber.In the end once reliable shifting was sorted and the exhaust was derestricted,I never had the problem again.

Broke a piston in the end but after strip down it would appear that there was already damage on that cylinder.

A piece of the nicasil lining has been ripped out,the piston in this area is damaged but polished smooth!

All in all I'm hooked good and proper,I'm looking forward to running 2 bikes this season.
1 turbo with nitrous and a nitrous only,most likely with 2 separate stages to investigate different delivery methods and the overall strength of the engine. also using the bikes as a test bed for various fuel injection mods/improvements.
The original purpose for getting a bm was to pinch the fuel injection for a Suzuki GS 750/1000 hybrid that I'm building - 750 bottom end 76mm overbore 1000 top end with works suzuki head.But the bm was so cheap I just had to see what it could stand,I've bought another one now and the motor appears much healthier than the original so I'm expecting better n/a performance,

Buell 1125r 9.49@140

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: BMW K100RS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:17 pm 
Wizard

Looks a nice job M8 , and pucker wiring there , if there one think that scares me more than anything is a bad connection or loss/reduced power to pulsiods

Post subject: Re: BMW K100RS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:46 pm 
Wizard

xxdrac wrote:
Looks a nice job M8 , and pucker wiring there , if there one think that scares me more than anything is a bad connection or loss/reduced power to pulsiods

I was really pleased with the wiring/electrical,the only issue i had by the end of the season was that sometimes arming the nitrous system would trigger the shifter.Going to move things around and separate the systems to try to prevent that.

Buell 1125r 9.49@140