NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: toyota corolla dp won install
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 pm 
Learner

hello this my toyota corolla with a celice gt4 engine conversion still need to finish my wiring/nitous feed/fuel feed and get my pulsoids serviced. thanks for looking

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: toyota corolla dp won install
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 pm 
Wizard

Thanks for posting john...i got that far when i did mine but ended up letting ant wire it up, wouldnt work when i did it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

With those nuts added to the Crossfire threads I'd be surprised if the injector end protrudes far enough in to the manifold, so I'd check that out. Do you have an elbow fitting for the nitrous feed to the D-Block and either way do you have a restrictor fitted?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 am 
Learner

Your system is almost the same as I have John. I also have a minimax but stock ecu.

Initially my feed pipe from the nitrous pulsoid to the distribution block was about 4 times as long as the fuel feed pipe. But then I found out that the engine had an initial lean hit at lower revs, especially at high nitrous shots. The nitrous was getting earlier into the engine than the fuel. Jetting the car helped a bit, but not enough in my opinion, so now I have repositioned the nitrous pulsoid further away. The nitrous feed/fuel feed pipe length is now approximately 20:1. The initial lean hit is gone now although the car is running somewhat rich at the topend now, but it`s safe.

also, I suggest keeping your fuel pipe coming from the fuel pulsoid completely horizontal. fuel doesn`t like to flow uphill after the fuel pulsoid.

I suggest you play around with feed line somewhat to feel what the engine likes.
It made a difference in my case.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
With those nuts added to the Crossfire threads I'd be surprised if the injector end protrudes far enough in to the manifold, so I'd check that out. Do you have an elbow fitting for the nitrous feed to the D-Block and either way do you have a restrictor fitted?

hello trev. i had a boroscope in the manifold after i refitted it so i know it is 100%,i have an elbow and restrictor in the nitrous to cheers john

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:07 pm 
Learner

culasse wrote:
Your system is almost the same as I have John. I also have a minimax but stock ecu.

Initially my feed pipe from the nitrous pulsoid to the distribution block was about 4 times as long as the fuel feed pipe. But then I found out that the engine had an initial lean hit at lower revs, especially at high nitrous shots. The nitrous was getting earlier into the engine than the fuel. Jetting the car helped a bit, but not enough in my opinion, so now I have repositioned the nitrous pulsoid further away. The nitrous feed/fuel feed pipe length is now approximately 20:1. The initial lean hit is gone now although the car is running somewhat rich at the topend now, but it`s safe.

also, I suggest keeping your fuel pipe coming from the fuel pulsoid completely horizontal. fuel doesn`t like to flow uphill after the fuel pulsoid.

I suggest you play around with feed line somewhat to feel what the engine likes.
It made a difference in my case.

ok mate cheers for the advice