NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Honda Integra Type R DC5 Single Point
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 pm 

Hello

I wanted a little more from the car so looking at all sorts of routes, turbo, supercharger and N/A mods. As most people it also my daily driver so having nitrous I could just turn it on and off as I wanted :twisted: .
As I wasn't really considering of making a post and I don't have many pictures :(

Car
Mods
Katimoto Regu R & 06, Hondata Airbox Mod with K&N filter :)

Mid Way Through Install
End of the first night and it was either stop there or carry on for another 3 hours to finish the next part

Mounted Pulsoids
Mounted to air box side (holes were sealed and its the side before the actual filtration of air) also this allowed me to keep the pipes to the crossfire injector as short as possible ;), The cross fire injector is mounted on my intake pipe about 30mm from the throttle body on the underside as i wanted this hidden, (I know those wires need tidying up ;) )

11lb Bottle Mounted
Mounted in spare wheel bay and a can of tireweld to replace spare wheel :lol:

Switch Location Swapped Out Toggle Switch
This is located on the lower cowling below the steering wheel :)

Thanks For Looking
Alex

Last edited by Yauie on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Honda Integra Type R DC5 Single Point
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:13 am 
Site Admin

Looks good to me. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 pm 

is that toggle switch momentary ? or does it stay on once u hit it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 pm 

waltaz wrote:
is that toggle switch momentary ? or does it stay on once u hit it?

The rocker switch stays on same as the toggle switch WON supply but its a bit more discrete not so in your face

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:07 pm 

Oh nice. what shot are u running? I installed a kit on a stock 05 type S with the k20a3 motor untuned. ran a 50 shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 pm 

waltaz wrote:
Oh nice. what shot are u running? I installed a kit on a stock 05 type S with the k20a3 motor untuned. ran a 50 shot.

Since this was my first time with nitrous ive only got a 25 shot but when i get the bottle filled next time ill be going 50 shot then 75, i wont be doing more then 75 as clutch and LSD are only rated for 300hp and i dont want to be changing these every couple of months. Its fairly aggressive in vtec with only a 25 shot but not much before it, honda engines suck before vtec as everyone knows(ECO mode lol) but just that little more before it kicks in would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am 

Now running a 50 shot and the difference is stunning but i can guess that once the weather is better (2 degrees C) the bottle will be at a more optimal temperature :twisted: . I have 75 jets as well but have been recommended that i change my plugs before i use them, i think 50 is enough for me especially with the roads been as icy as they are.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 am 
Learner

Glad to see another Honda k20 user with WON power.
You`re right, a 50 shot really wakes up these engine especially in the torque department.
Switching to nr.8 plugs is a good idea when going to a 75 shot, although the OEM manifold might become restrictive.
A race manifold that does away with the stock cat does wonders for the car especially when on a 75 shot and more. Can recommend it.
However, a race manifold also means getting the car tuned with K-pro, otherwise it will run very lean when off the gas.
I did about 90 1/4 mile runs on a 75-100 shot before changing my clutch to an Exedy stage 1, so the stock clutch can take some abuse.

Paul.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:16 pm 

culasse wrote:
Glad to see another Honda k20 user with WON power.
You`re right, a 50 shot really wakes up these engine especially in the torque department.
Switching to nr.8 plugs is a good idea when going to a 75 shot, although the OEM manifold might become restrictive.
A race manifold that does away with the stock cat does wonders for the car especially when on a 75 shot and more. Can recommend it.
However, a race manifold also means getting the car tuned with K-pro, otherwise it will run very lean when off the gas.
I did about 90 1/4 mile runs on a 75-100 shot before changing my clutch to an Exedy stage 1, so the stock clutch can take some abuse.

Paul.

Thanks for the tips on plugs and the knowledge that my clutch will take 100 but i doubt i would go to a 100 probably only 75 when ive finished with the 50s. I don't plan to drag it, just for them odd days there's a annoying ST, VXR or the odd track day. Im planning a trip the Nurburgring this year having not been since 2008 so take a full bottle with me.
There will be a few more mods before i get a K-Pro, i've been looking at the Tegiwa RBC and Toda Copy exhaust manifold but ill have a think first as there a few things i would like to do before increasing the HP anymore.
Its good to see someone with a N/A K20 on gas to at least see there experience with it.

Thanks
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:42 pm 
Learner

You will enjoy the newfound performance of your car once you`ve setup you WON kit and tried it out. Especially the gobs of torque down low is something we Honda boys need to get used to when on the spray.
On one of the pictures I saw that you don`t have a bottle heater?
Get one. The nitrous works so much better with it.
On nitrous shots larger than 50 bhp I can also recommend a controller and a window switch since the shockoading can be pretty dramatic.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:13 pm 

Im thinking since i have less mods then your self and will only be using 75 max ill just going with cold rated 7 plugs as ill be off nitrous more then on it, looking at denso iridiums 7 rating..
As for the bottle heater im considering it but i see it as more of a gadget then a a really useful upgrade, i dont really have the spare pennies at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:59 am 
Learner

Your car comes with nr.7 sparkplugs as standard.
A bottle heater is highly recommended when you want to have maximum efficiency from your kit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 am 

Ive been reading that 5s were the standard, 6s for lightly modified cars so exhaust and filter, 7s are what spoon using in the racing. I did read this from a popular performance supplier, may someone can shed some light?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:40 am 
Learner

My car comes stock with either the NGK IFR7G-11K or Denso SK22PR-MNS which are essentially nr. 7 Plugs. They are already a bit on the "hot" side when the car is tuned.
I now use the NGK BKR8EIX no.2668 up to a 100 bhp nitrous shot and they take it like it`s nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 pm 

Ok, Ill try the 8 rated plugs there £35 incl. P&P which isnt too bad thanks for the part numbers :). Ill post an update once i have the new plugs :)
Do i need anything else if i was to go to 100 shot? (General question to everyone)

Thanks
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:06 am 
Learner

A race manifold and K-pro. If I`m not mistaken K-pro also has nitrous control, saving you the extra expense of a separate nitrous controller, window swich and TPS sensor.
With a 100 shot I can tell you it`s all hens on deck with these cars, the acceleration is mental with all that extra torque.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 am 

culasse wrote:
A race manifold and K-pro. If I`m not mistaken K-pro also has nitrous control, saving you the extra expense of a separate nitrous controller, window swich and TPS sensor.
With a 100 shot I can tell you it`s all hens on deck with these cars, the acceleration is mental with all that extra torque.

Ok i think a exhaust manifold is something i would like to do (looking at tegiwa replica), I will look into a K-Pro i nearly bought one from CPL racing before Christmas but decided against it as it was over £1000 for very little gains. If it has Nitrous control aswell it would definately sway me towards one. I have a TPS switch already as i prefered this to a micro switch but when you say "window switch" im a little unsure what you mean other then an actually window switch could you please enlighten me? :)
100 shot would be quite alot and would definately make a difference but not til the summer as its struggling for traction with 50s at the minute

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 pm 
Learner

A window switch allows you to determine in what powerband the nitrous should be activated. You can set it anywhere you like, e.g. 3000-6000 rpm or 2500- 8200 rpm etc.
This prevents you from accidentally hitting the rev limiter while on spray at full throttle which is a no no.
My window swtich also allows me to skip gears, e.g. I have little traction in 1 st gear so I just let the nitrous activate in 2nd gear.
Traction is indeed an issue when on a 100 shot with road tyres. Get some semi slicks at a minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:43 pm 

New plugs to go in will probably put these in soon as the weather gets a little better

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 pm 
Learner

Those are the correct ones.
If I were you I would store them untill you have sorted out the gremlins on your nitrous kit. Then, after you have succesfully tried out a 50 shot you can install the plugs and then try a 75 shot.
When the plugs are new it`s easier to inspect them to see if the mixture is right.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:33 pm 

Culasse, You were on the ball with the Kpro comment it does control nitrous parameters. I know you don't use Kpro, I'm not sure if this breaks rules for this forum but here's a link for details for others to read. :twisted:

EDITED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

I discourage the use of 'DRY' systems so I've deleted the link.

The reasons I discourage it are;
1) It takes the mixture control out of our hands, so unless you're an expert on nitrous, that's extremely unwise.
2) The control an ECU offers is far less capable than a Max
3) It ends up costing far more than an equivalent wet system

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:37 am 
Learner

As Trevor pointed out already it`s best to use a wet system. Easy to set up and fine tune in combination with K-pro.