NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dark Horse Racing 250 ninja
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:20 pm 
Learner

Dark Horse Racing started in 2006 with a 50cc Aprilia two stroke. I managed 64 mph and wanted to race it. Before I had a chance a rule change made the bike illegal to run. I need 15 inch wheels minimum.

I purchased the 2008 ninja new. I used the bike for daily transportation. Then I would ready it for speed trials.
The 2008 season went well. I finished tenth place in the points Championship. And set a record in the modified class.

In 2009 I got sereous I bought a van took the bike off the street and prepared for 2010
I fifished in 12 place in points just out side the money. And set a number of records

At the end if 2010 I began racing and using nitrous. Though I used a faulty nitrous system I was able to get 121 mph
I was also able to get 112 all motor. Fastest all motor 250 four stroke for a month.

I was the first 250cc four stroke over 120 mph at the Maxton Mile

In 2011 I ran a full season with nitrous. Still fighting a faulty nitrous system. And competing in a points chase. I damaged my engine on every run. Still managing a sixth place points finish.

2012 New body and plans but this time I had the wizards of nos nitrous system. And a new track in Ohio.
First pass on the motor went 109.5 three times.
Then a nitrous test in July went 111 with no damage.

The final race in Ohio was a good one going 123 mph a personal best and title worlds Fastest ninja 250.

2013. Is a testing year. I am gaining experience with the nitrous and the bike. On the dyno we discovered some problems. But solved them for the most part . And produced 50-55 hp on the dyno with out any engine damage. The 55 hp figure makes it the most powerful 250cc ninja on earth.

The season is young. I am turning my attention to the 1/4 mile to work out some. Riding issues. And will be running the bike in the mile some time late in September.

http://www.darkhorseracing.com.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Dark Horse Racing 250 ninja
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the report Eric, can you add a couple of pics to this thread and also elaborate on your experiences with the nitrous kit, that damaged your engine so often and how that's changed now.
If that's adequately covered on the original thread, can you copy and paste it in to this thread please.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:19 pm 
Learner

The original system I used was built around a thing called a liquid pressure regulator. This kept the pressure at the injector at 300 psi regardless of bottle pressure. The injector was a small pneumatic piston that pumped fuel using nitrous to drive the pump.

It might have worked for a small shot on a big engine for a short burst . And it was designed for snowmobiles that operate in sub zero conditions.

That said. I found it very inconsistent. I think the fuel volume was to small based on the size of the hose I use now. And I found it delivered nitrous in a vary inconsistent manor. Liquid and gaseous nitrous.

The real; frustration is having no ability to adjust anything. I had to ship the whole system to them and have more fuel added or addressing the issue of lean condition. It seems the system would start out rich and go lean. this would heat up the spark plug tip then pre-ignition would hole a piston.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:09 pm 
Learner

This is a walk around video of the bike without a fairing. This is how I will be testing it on the 1/4 mile.

http://youtu.be/wY0z_HkTTmo