NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Project Car, Supercharged Ginetta
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:12 pm 

Hi All this is my car, im waiting for the kit Ive just purchaced on ebay to turn up so itll then be S/C injected NOS, really looking forward to this next stage!

Complete Nitrous novice so learning lots right now, unfortunatelly due to the size of the g15 I have nowhere else but the rear shelf to install the bottle, a little nervous about that (Should I be?) from an external impact point of view its probably the safest place, between the cage and chassis underneath it and at the sides!

Cheers
Chris :D

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: My Project Car, Supercharged Ginetta
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

chrisimp wrote:
Hi All this is my car, im waiting for the kit Ive just purchaced on ebay to turn up so itll then be S/C injected NOS, really looking forward to this next stage!
Make sure you send the Pulsoids to us for inspection, servicing and updating, as they will certainly need it.

Complete Nitrous novice so learning lots right now, unfortunatelly due to the size of the g15 I have nowhere else but the rear shelf to install the bottle, a little nervous about that (Should I be?) from an external impact point of view its probably the safest place, between the cage and chassis underneath it and at the sides!
Isn't there any room in the front boot?
Chris :D

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:34 pm 

Hi Trev,

Space in the front, well there is but it consists of the fuel tank and radiator which it would have to sit right behind and im not sure that would be a good idea?

What sort of time fram/cost is expected to service the noids?

Cheers
chris

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:44 pm 

actually thinking on no there's no space as the bonnet vent intrudes and here's the vast amount of space....

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:27 pm 
Wizard

chrisimp wrote:

You'll love the effect of nitrous with the SC; the two go hand in hand. :cheers: I also HIGHLY recommend an inspection by HighPower for the Pulsoids. Second hand nitrous systems have a high probability that they've been tampered with and could grenade your engine.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

chrisimp wrote:
Hi Trev,

Space in the front, well there is but it consists of the fuel tank and radiator which it would have to sit right behind and im not sure that would be a good idea?
Yes that would be a 'good' idea (as long as you keep an eye on the bottle pressure), as it 'might' save you the cost of a bottle heater but you may have to fit a heat reflective blanket (or something similar) if it causes the pressure to get too high.

What sort of time fram/cost is expected to service the noids?
They will be done the same day we receive them and the cost is £35 each for the labour and you'll almost certainly need a replacement fuel plunger, as the fuel content has changed since those Pulsoids were made and we've had to change the plunger seal material to suit that and that adds £16. If you are lucky that is all you'll need and all prices are plus carriage & VAT.

Cheers
chris

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Turbobox wrote:
chrisimp wrote:

You'll love the effect of nitrous with the SC; the two go hand in hand. :cheers: I also HIGHLY recommend an inspection by HighPower for the Pulsoids. Second hand nitrous systems have a high probability that they've been tampered with and could grenade your engine.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm 

Well progress so far is that Ive received all the bits, as per advert, all seems really good, nice bottle and heater and also came with a gauge I didnt realise was coming so nice little bonus!!

As per above Iv spoke to Trev and the Solenoids are packaged up ready to go tomorrow with a note for bits needed! (just remembered I didnt measure the Diameter of the black/red and blue lines! Will do that and let you know Trev :) )

Heres some pictures, unfortunately I think Im going to have to admit defeat and accept that the bottle is just too big for the tiny ginetta! youll see why, So I think it will be a case of set the car up with this one on the rolling road then swap it out to a smaller one when I have sold on the bigger one, funds are nearly wiped out on all this as it is lol, Ive also got three injectors and the splitter that will be sold on as they are surplus to my requirements, mine will only be using one injector upstream of the TB where I have a handy alloy joiner a few inches away :)

Location 1 for the bottle....

As you can see just too big for comfort, I will need a blanket/heat mat etc on whichever bottle either way to stop the sun getting to it and making it dangerous! but this location is at least between the roll cage and has metal chassis around/under it. drivers and passengers head also sit directly under the main hoop of the roll cage, really is a tiny car!

Location 2 is.......

right at the front between the rad and fuel tank, this really shows the bottle as being well too big and the bottom is right in the corner of the body so would be one of the first things to be hit in the event of a head on smash, also the chassis ends just before the bottle so its only fiberglass around it, again if the bottle was possibly smaller I could lift it out of the corner.

Other than that its a bit of a nightmare to find a location in a tiny car.

One thing that does fit in nice though is the maximiser lol...

Heres the other bits....

Look forward to some responses :) 8)

Cheers
Chris

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

You could trade in the 11lb bottle for 1 or 2 x 5lb bottles (dimensions on the appropriate page of our website), to solve the bottle fitting problem. :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 am 

Id be up for doing that if that's an option!?

Im guessing the bottle heater I have is surplus then too as its on a 10lb bottle? That would also release some funds! And I doubt Ill need to heat a bottle in my car, more likely cool it!

Cheers
Chris

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

The heater should fit the 5lb bottle and you'd be better to keep that as it will produce better results.

Yes it's an option so please send us the bottle and let me know if you want one or two 5lbs instead?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:15 am 
Learner

This is why I love WoN. Do you know of any other companies who would do that?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:21 am 

Yep got to say so far, hugely impressed with the service, sending my bottle today to them then all the bits will be sent out together in one go, really looking forward to receiving it all and get started on the install.

Will be interesting at all the shows I go to this year, many people will be interested to dive in and have a good look at it all!

:bounce: :bounce: slightly excited! :loser: :D

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:46 pm 
Learner

I'm displaying at Modified Nationals on Sunday and I can't wait to show off my WoN Purge Kit hahaha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:09 pm 

Well as hoped fantastic service was received and all the bits I ordered arrived as promised!
:P 8)
Heres some progress, the new bottle fits in well at the front so thats where itll go...... next to the fuel tank above my legs........ I try not to think about that bit! :shock:

and the solenoids mounted in place, just need to run the pipes and wires, make a few holes etc etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

looking good. :)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:22 am 

Little update,

All up and running, using my ECU to control the solenoids in the end....

bottle in the front

Then the clutch couldn't take it! so I'm in the process of putting it all back in with a stronger one.

Just investigating the possibility of fitting a Purge kit!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:44 pm 
Wizard

chrisimp wrote:
Little update,

All up and running, using my ECU to control the solenoids in the end....

bottle in the front

Then the clutch couldn't take it! so I'm in the process of putting it all back in with a stronger one.

Just investigating the possibility of fitting a Purge kit!

Awesome progress! I'm hoping you'll show us some video footage of the project once it is finished. Also, WON kits do not require purge kits as they are designed for as little disturbance in flow as possible where other kits require a purge kit to enhance nitrous delivery. But, if your intent is for show then I'm all for it!
:yes:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 am 

Video will come at some point, had a right nightmare recently, two weeks before the main show of the year for me and I changed the clutch for an uprated unit, test drive in the wet, was fine handled the power......

1 week before the show nice and dry so tried again, all going well until on the way home after 30mins the oil cooler decided to try and cool the oil with direct air contact and leaked all 5ltrs out resulting in a ruined crank :cry:

So I cleaned it up, fitted new bearings and gave it ago, although it sounds fine the oil pressure drops out within 5 mins down to zero!
Gutted so the car went on a trailer to the show and came in 2nd in class... god knows what I need to fit next to win again haha (maybe the turbo again so I can be triple charged!)

New crank should be with me this week with a new bearing set, Ive got until the 22nd to get it built back up before the next show and I refuse to use the trailer again!

.....Still haven't sourced a purge kit! funds have literally been cranked out of me now, been selling spares to fund the engine rebuild so will try and find a usable purge kit 2nd hand!

All fun and games they say :rolleyes: :beatstick:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

We can supply you with GOOD used parts at 20% less than new cost AND that would include the CORRECT connections to match up, so you wouldn't end up spending more on fittings/adaptors, than you paid for the Pulsoid. :idea:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)