NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Solenoid - Pulsoid ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:01 pm 

Quick question - Are the new pulsoids a direct replacement for old WON solenoids?

The reason I ask is that my car that has the NOS kit fitted to it has been sat in the garage for the past 4 years and the actual NOS hasn't been used for about 5 years. I would imagine that the solenoids are pretty well seized by now? So looking for a replacement, but noticed that there are several options on the order forms for various connections which I have no idea about :scratch:

Thanks

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: Solenoid - Pulsoid ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm 
Wizard

chalced wrote:
Quick question - Are the new pulsoids a direct replacement for old WON solenoids?

Yes, the new X-10's are direct replacements/upgrades to original Pulsoids.

The reason I ask is that my car that has the NOS kit fitted to it has been sat in the garage for the past 4 years and the actual NOS hasn't been used for about 5 years. I would imagine that the solenoids are pretty well seized by now?

I seriously doubt that either one of them has seized in any way, however I WOULD recommend that you attempt to contact WoN directly and see if they could give them a look over because the old fuel in the Fuel Pulsoid could have gummed up considerably potentially affecting its operation. It only costs a small fee and if your fuel Pulsoid needs updating, they'll also take care of that. It's much cheaper for them to do this than replace them since Pulsoids are designed to operate perfectly for years.

So looking for a replacement, but noticed that there are several options on the order forms for various connections which I have no idea about :scratch:

As mentioned, they are direct replacements and the fittings would just transfer directly over. Give them a call and they can advise you as to whether you should have them inspected/tested.

Thanks

8)