Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Member - New To Nitrous Oxide -
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:17 pm 

Hello Wizard Of Nos Community :yes:

We Are A Farther Son Team 26 & 50 And Massive BMW Enthusiast's :yes:

We Own Two 1994 540I BMWs

One Is A Rare Manual Model One Of 1/157 U.K Models (3203 Units Worldwide) :D...Our Other One Is A 540I Automatic In A Rare Colour Combo :D

The 540I/6 ( Manual ) Has A Few Upgrades Including -

Reprogrammed Chip.
Bilstein B12 Suspension. ( Sport Line )
ASC Adjustable Ant Roll Bars.
LSD With Lower Ratio Final Drive.
Custom Light Stainless Steel Exhaust. ( Cat Back )
Panel Filter.
Poly-Bushed Suspension.

We Have No Future Plans For The 540i/6

Our Other 540I/A Has Been Upgraded Too

Panel Air Filter.
Hartage Engine Chip.
Stock LSD

We Have Future Plans For The 540I/A

LSD With Lower Final Drive.
Poly-Bush Suspension.
Wizard Of Nos Nitrous Oxide System.

The Question Has Anyone Fitted A WON System To Their 540/840/740 Or To An M60B40 Engine Before We Are Not Looking For Crazy Power Maybe 50-HP Maximum 75-HP We Don't Want To To Push The Engine To Much We Do Love The Old Girl :D The System Will Be Used For RWYB At Santa Pod..

Thanks For All Future Reply's

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: New Member - New To Nitrous Oxide -
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Once again welcome to my forum to both of you this time. ;)

If you do a search for BMW you should find a good number of threads (some extremely long, extremely technical and with extremely advanced nitrous systems fitted), which I'm sure you'll find very interesting but for your needs, you'll only need our Entry level system, which is our Street-Blaster 150i

http://www.noswizard.com/car-nitrous-ki ... -body.html

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:58 am 
Learner

USTBUTLER-E34 wrote:

can't wait for this !!!!...i started late ...mine is only 8 y.o, but a father/son WON build is already in the planning stages. Hopefully they will still allow non-electrics driver controlled cars on the roads by then..lol...hope you post some pics of your build.

2015 Jag XFS 3.0 IRR, Varex Active Exhaust, TCP Intake, VAP Tune, EuroToys crank Pulley, WON SB150i6 D.P. Custom Kit with MaxEx. X2 controller, K&N Filters, Sport Package, 19" Volutions w/Tech Grey Diamond Turned Finish wrapped in Michelin PS 4S

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:13 am 

USTBUTLER-E34 wrote:

We Own Two 1994 540I BMWs

One Is A Rare Manual Model One Of 1/157 U.K Models (3203 Units Worldwide) :D...Our Other One Is A 540I Automatic In A Rare Colour Combo :D

The 540I/6 ( Manual ) Has A Few Upgrades Including -

Reprogrammed Chip.
ASC Adjustable Ant Roll Bars.
LSD With Lower Ratio Final Drive.
Custom Light Stainless Steel Exhaust. ( Cat Back )
Panel Filter.
Poly-Bushed Suspension.

We Have No Future Plans For The 540i/6

Our Other 540I/A Has Been Upgraded Too

Panel Air Filter.
Hartage Engine Chip.
Stock LSD

We Have Future Plans For The 540I/A

LSD With Lower Final Drive.
Poly-Bush Suspension.
Wizard Of Nos Nitrous Oxide System.

The Question Has Anyone Fitted A WON System To Their 540/840/740 Or To An M60B40 Engine Before We Are Not Looking For Crazy Power Maybe 50-HP Maximum 75-HP We Don't Want To To Push The Engine To Much We Do Love The Old Girl :D The System Will Be Used For RWYB At Santa Pod..

Thanks For All Future Reply's
Also a huge Bimmer fan here, I've owned at least a dozen BMW's in the last 20 years! Like you I can't leave them stock and feel the need to modify.
I've been happily running a WON kit on my 1999 e39 Dinan 540iT (albeit an M62tu), the motor is almost the same as yours minus the VANOS, which is probably a moot point power delivery wise at WOT. It is modified and probably is ~320-330HP naturally aspirated. I started with a 50 shot and was giddy, as it was my first nitrous kit ever. Then after a while, the speed bug got the better of me, I've always had the bug all my life but it is so easy to jump up in HP with the juice, which can be a blessing or a disguise if you don't use common sense!

Anyways, on a whim one day I jumped from a 50 to a 100 shot just because. I remember doing the static test in a Home Depot parking lot with my heart beating just waiting to hit the highway for a speed run. Things got really exciting and animated afterwards :bounce: . The look on my face must have been a holy shit that was cool, as that run is still memorable and clear as day. I was a believer re: WON kits after that and continue to use the nitrous regularly/daily when it is safe to do so.

Went on a date night recently with the wife and she's never ridden in a car with nitrous before, I've been holding off for the last 3yrs using it when she's in the car because she says the thought makes her nervous. Don't tell her, but I have used it when my son is in the car and he loves it hehehe. The branch doesn't fall far from the tree in this scenario.

Well, this night I asked her if she want to go for a blast, and she said yes! She also had the holy shit experience & said that when I hit the nitrous, the car feels like a commercial jet just before lift off, where you get sucked into the seat & it gets smoother and pulls like a mother......We hit 200km/h like it was nothing, if there wasn't other cars on the road I would have love to of held it longer. This may sound cheesy but it felt like we were cruising around dating again.

After that experience it's time to move on.......to more nitrous of course!
I'm kinda torn if I should move up to 125 or 150 HP dose as my next step. I believe that I'm getting close to maxing out my system (perhaps one of the wizards could chime in on that one) as I have the SB150i2 "standard" kit.

But to get back to the OP - I've been running this system on my BMW M6x motor without any issues whatsoever, it takes it like a charm + it doesn't show any signs of slowing down, and you won't have any regrets. Looking back I wish I used this system decades ago instead of spending the countless hours and $$$'s on N/A mods to only receive minimal gains in comparison.

I'll always tweak my cars as it's in my blood, but I'm sold on going straight to WON from this point forward for any big power gains on my current & future vehicles = probably Bimmer's.

:yes:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:06 am 
Wizard

A great post, Pepi. I have similar experiences with the WoN nitrous bug!

In regards to further stepping up, I suspect that you should be close to the limit of the system with the nylon supply pipe. Depending on the length of it (and the length of the 4 mm piping as well) could be anywhere between 125 and 150 bhp. Thus, you should step up to 125 first and then the 150 and see if there is a noticeable performance difference. The point to where the system either doesn't increase from being too rich for the jet ratio, then the system has exceeded it's max nitrous flow. The easy solution is to add a second nylon supply pipe to increase the max flow capability without the disadvantages of braided piping.

I'm not keen on your build, but be sure you have adequate fuel for such power levels. :yes:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:42 pm 
Learner

Welcome from me too!

Great reading guys!! :yes:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 am 

Turbobox wrote:
A great post, Pepi. I have similar experiences with the WoN nitrous bug!

In regards to further stepping up, I suspect that you should be close to the limit of the system with the nylon supply pipe. Depending on the length of it (and the length of the 4 mm piping as well) could be anywhere between 125 and 150 bhp. Thus, you should step up to 125 first and then the 150 and see if there is a noticeable performance difference. The point to where the system either doesn't increase from being too rich for the jet ratio, then the system has exceeded it's max nitrous flow. The easy solution is to add a second nylon supply pipe to increase the max flow capability without the disadvantages of braided piping.

I'm not keen on your build, but be sure you have adequate fuel for such power levels. :yes:

OK all the above sounds good. Definitely doesn't feel like my system is maxed out currently, though I could very well be as I move up to 125/150HP boost.
Maybe I could up the bottle pressure slightly (to approx 1050psi) in the meantime to compensate for the limitation in nitrous flow + up the fuel pipe size to 5mm?

I know everything has to be calculated and balanced so allow me to update you on my setup shortly, so I can get the best advice possible!

I tried getting a hold of you via text and email for some more jets (possibly additional nylon pipe), but I think I have your old contact info as I haven't heard back. Could you let me know the best way(s) to get a hold of you please?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:56 pm 
Wizard

Pepi wrote:
OK all the above sounds good. Definitely doesn't feel like my system is maxed out currently, though I could very well be as I move up to 125/150HP boost.

> The only way to know is, when you step up, the power doesn't follow along and black smoke is emitted from the exhaust from the excess richness.

Maybe I could up the bottle pressure slightly (to approx 1050psi) in the meantime to compensate for the limitation in nitrous flow + up the fuel pipe size to 5mm?

That would be helpful, if you are running jets meant for that pressure (1000 psi) and are currently running very low pressures now (less than 800 psi). In that case, you are currently running below optimum. A heater would cure that easily.

I know everything has to be calculated and balanced so allow me to update you on my setup shortly, so I can get the best advice possible!

If you have a set N:F ratio for the car as it is, then stick with it. There is no need to change it, unless road testing proves otherwise.

I tried getting a hold of you via text and email for some more jets (possibly additional nylon pipe), but I think I have your old contact info as I haven't heard back. Could you let me know the best way(s) to get a hold of you please?

I don't carry WoN parts for sale anymore, unfortunately. However, anyone from WoN can point you in the right direction for a closer agent. My contact info on the agents page should have been removed.

A faster response would come from WoN at enquiries@noswizard.com