NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Most advanced Pro Mod car REVO system.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Hi Sam, if it helps any, so are we with regards to the Max features but I have 2 updates for you on that front;

1) We have started getting the features list together and we're working on updating the Max web page.

2) We've now added the most REVOLUTIONARY piece of 'PULSED' technology to the Max V2, that will not only extend the WORKING ADJUSTABLE PWM range, from the accepted current limitations of 20% - 80% to ZERO - 100% but also OPTIMISE the response over the entire range.

Just to be entirely clear on this matter, until we added this feature it was IMPOSSIBLE for even a Pulsoid, to pulse in a desirable manner over a wider range than 20 to 80% (except in certain specific applications where it could be extended by a further 10%) and even then the response was a COMPROMISE over the majority of the range, as a plunger can only respond optimally to a fixed frequency at 50% PWM, therefore all other settings were running at less than optimum.

It doesn't matter what ANY OTHER BRAND of controller 'CLAIMS' to offer as an adjustable range, as it's NOT down to the controller to determine what frequency and PWM, that a given solenoid will pulse at, as that is ALL down to the electro-mechanics of the solenoid. Therefore, it will ONLY be possible to achieve such a wide range of ACTUAL PULSE RESPONSE with a Max, because it is NOT an improvement to the Pulsoid design, it is an advance in ELECTRONIC CONTROL TECHNOLOGY. :twisted: :twisted:

def want more info on this! lol trev i need a job man! haha i wanna work for the best.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Just a shame you're a few thousand miles away!!!! :(

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

A brief update on the car that's using our UNIQUE Pro Mod system;

He's been fighting tire shake issues for all the past meetings and unfortunately this prevented him from making any progress.

Thankfully after failing to qualify at the last event, he was given the opportunity to do some practice runs and without the pressure of racing, he was able to concentrate on optimising his launch technique and on his last attempt he ran a new PB of 6.70.

Now that's nothing overly amazing on a worldwide scale but on a European scale it's quite respectable and compared to the quickest UK Pro Mod car it's almost 0.1 secs quicker.

Unfortunately it's less than we'd 'HOPED FOR' at the start of the season but it's better than I 'EXPECTED', as life has a habit of falling short of even your 'worst' expectations, never mind your best hopes.

At least we have a baseline to work from for the start of next season but it's a shame we'll have to wait so long, to see how much improvement can then be made.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:23 am 
Learner

all i need is a plane ticket! lol to hell with turnin wrenches over here. i dont know how you always make new stuff work the way you do. wish i could get half my ideas to come to life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 am 
Site Admin

It's certainly not easy, especially on our limited budget but we get some things done one way or another but we have just as many product ideas sat on the back burner as we've managed to bring to market, so we're far from having all our ideas come to fruition.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 am 
Site Admin

UPDATE;

We now have TWO more of these system ordered and we're on with creating them now.

The first is going to an Australian customer and the 2nd to an American customer.

These will be used in Pulsoid form initially and then upgraded to REVO form once the limits of the Pulsoid option have been reached. :twisted: :twisted: :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:02 am 

When and where is the next run likely to be Trev? Would love to see the car run as I'm sure others who are following this thread would!

What nitrous power level do you think you'll have to run to start beating the traditional power adders?
can you tell where this systen can use easily..

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:02 am 
Site Admin

john_rambo wrote:
When and where is the next run likely to be Trev?
I don't know how I missed this post (very sorry about that) but for now the event dates are secret. ;)

Would love to see the car run as I'm sure others who are following this thread would!
As soon as the new car bugs are fully sorted and any of the cars are running PB's I'll be letting you all know.

What nitrous power level do you think you'll have to run to start beating the traditional power adders?
The problem is that nitrous is so far behind the other power adders and as a consequence they've been so heavily handicapped , that it's impossible to say what it will take to beat blown cars on ENTIRELY EQUAL terms but that's what our target is.

can you tell where this systen can use easily..
Not quite sure what you mean by that John

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 am 
Learner

trevor what were the end results of this system? i assume its still up and running...in a different location.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Yes one example is in use in Sweden (another is in the process of being fitted in Australia, where it's winter right now), but due to matters unrelated to the system (which is performing PERFECTLY - as you'd expect), like electrical failures and bad weather conditions (as you'd expect in Sweden), the car has yet to get enough clean runs under its belt to produce any outstanding results.

It was racing this past weekend and managed ONLY ONE qualifying run (during which an electric issue cost it at least a second) before it pissed it down with rain and consequently he was left out of the top 16 cars to qualify. :evil: :evil:

On the up side he was SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED by the REVO function and the system made more power than he'd ever experienced before (it blew the tires off on all shifts - which also contributed to the unimpressive time for that ONE run) and this is with NO colour on his ground straps (so way too retarded) and way too rich, plus NO runs to determine where the Max settings need to be. Consequently, we're 100% CERTAIN that he's going to produce some impressive results, the only question is; when will LIFE be kind enough to him, to stop preventing him doing so?

There's a 3rd system on a US Pro Mod car (or at least there was) but God knows what he's doing with it, as he decided he and his driver knew better than I did, so I just left him to get on with it without me. For all I know he may have junked it and gone back to his US kit, as his lack of compliance to my advice resulted in less than impressive 1/8 times, even though it's FIRST run was on target to equal the cars previous 60ft PB, until the driver got off the throttle and then reported the car had NO POWER. :? :? That would be laughable if it wasn't so INSANE and if it hadn't cost me 3 weeks of my life.

After that it went from bad to worse, as more and more of my advice was IGNORED and the reverse of what I wanted to do was carried out. :evil:

Much like the situation with the Pro Mod bike but at least the rider/owner wanted to act FULLY on my advice, it was just the mechanic/tuner who was the problem. :evil:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm 
Learner

...well.. at least we know cecil can get the job done. I dont understand why people are making this so hard. you have the technology in front of you that NOT THE SAME... you cant use the same old ways... were trying to go faster not the same speed..jeez. i dont get it.

btw im not speaking against the people who are trying and following directions only to have other issues pop up. thats racing. but when someone tells you it "has" to be this way and you do exactly the opposite.. thats just dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Could NOT agree more JC!!!!

It seems that there are 3 kinds of people I encounter;

1) The DUMBASS FOOLS who claim I've no idea what I'm doing and my products are bullshit

2) The people who are smart enough to appreciate my products are AMAZING but think they know better than I do about how to set up and use them

3) The REALLY SMART people who appreciate that as I'm smart enough to have invented and designed this shit, that I'm probably also smart enough to be the best person to know how to set up and use it.

Unfortunately, the number in category 3 are far outweighed by those in 2 and those in both 2 & 3 are far outweighed by those in 1, so it's a constant battle.

The driver of the Pro Mod car I mentioned in my last post (EVEN BEFORE HE'D DRIVEN THE CAR WITH MY SYSTEM ON), had told the owner that he thought my gear was very good but it would ONLY WORK, if someone like Monty Smith or Steve Johnson did the setting up and tuning. :tard: :tard: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

It turned out that the driver was;
A) A big Yellow Bullet fan
B) A follower of Monte Smith

As soon as I was aware of these facts, I knew the outcome would be failure, as the guy had NO INTENTION of seeing me prove him wrong!!!!

Another very interesting part of this episode, was that whilst at one of the test events, a guy came over to the car and had a good look round, before walked off without saying a word. After he'd walked a few yards away, I noticed he was wearing a Monte Smith promotional T-shirt (which obviously anyone could buy/wear), so I just wondered if it might have been him. Surprise, surprise, in a discussion with the driver after we'd left the track, it turned out that it was Monte Smith.
Now I've had a good number of email exchanges and forum exchanges with Monte Smith (where obviously I've pointed out his lack of knowledge) and yet he did NOT HAVE THE BALLS to speak to me in person. I know that's not a surprise, as he'd be well aware that he'd be no match for me in person but you'd have thought he might have been tempted to try his luck with all the home team backing he'd have had at his home track. :tard: :tard: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 pm 
Learner

well.. the way i see it... there is no use in talking .. stripe to stripe says enough. dude you set a world record on 30 minutes install and hardly a tune on the gt40 LOL. who has EVER gone out with a nos or nx kit and tried to push it with a "guesstimate" tune in it.. even it if was only 100 hp. i used to work on 10.5 cars back in late high school and i can tell you, it took WEEKS to get the nitrous dialed in. and there was always one problem right after the other every time you wanted more power.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

I've been LEARNING about nitrous for over THIRTY FIVE YEARS now and while there may be other people who can 'claim' to have been 'INVOLVED' with nitrous for a similar length of time NONE of them have been as OBSESSED with LEARNING how it works CORRECTLY as I have been.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAD, they would NOT be using the JUNK they currently use. :idea:

The easiest way to tell how smart a guy is (when it comes to selecting a nitrous system and they are aware of ours), is what brand they choose to use, because the SMART guys USE WON and the way things are going now, it'll be the LOSERS that run any other brand. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

The ONLY car currently USING this system on the Drag strip was the quickest nitrous qualifier in the last Outlaw Pro mod event (in Europe) and 2nd quickest in the class overall.

It was also the quickest nitrous qualifier at the last Pro Mod event (in Europe)

Times still need to be improved before we're satisfied with the entire results (these have been restricted by issues relating to tires, chassis, weather, track time, track conditions, bad luck, etc.) but on the POWER CONTROL front, this system has PROVED ITS WORTH at the HIGHEST LEVEL. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 am 
Site Admin

The customer recorded a new PB this last weekend despite suffering severe tire shake half way in to the run.

Unfortunately other issues prevented him doing more than one run and we only have one event left this year, so it's fingers crossed for it all to come together then, otherwise we'll have to wait till next year.

On a similar note, our top US customer who runs in a similar class (Outlaw Pro Mod) but uses a conventional Pulsoid system, also reported being number 2 qualifier at his last event and eventually lost in the final.

Both my Swedish & US customers are running similar times (in fact my Swedish customer is slightly quicker), so he's doing quite well on that basis, especially as my US customers has been running his car for twice as long as he has and will have had many more runs. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Since my last post my US Pro Mod customer has WON one round of his championship and my Swedish customer has upgraded to a Reher Morrison motor which assisted Bobby Rahaim win the 2013 US championship.
Unfortunately my Swedish customer suffered from transmission and ignition problems throughout 2014 but hopefully he's got those sorted now and we're looking forward to better results in 2015.
Despite the problems he was still able to improve on his times at most of his races by a small amount but just not by as much as he would have been able to but for the problems.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

UPDATE; My Swedish customer has fitted many new improved parts for this season (including a new gearbox, shocks and ignition system) as well as improved his chassis, so we hope he'll be able to put the WON REVO system to full use this season, AT LAST!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:04 pm 
Wizard

In for the results! :cheers: