NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The cross fire injector
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 am 
Learner

On the main injector that we fit to the inlet of the engine.
It has a hole in the middle and 2 outputs each side of the hole.
Is there any preference to what comes out of what hole?
IE. nitrous out of the centre hole and fuel out of the 2 side holes or vice versa.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: The cross fire injector
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 am 
Learner

It says in the manual and yes it's very inportant which way they go as that's the main benifits of the crossfire the nitrous has to come from the outside two holes and the fuel the centre
The nitrous is fired so it atomises the fuel a it fire in a cross patern

I think the nitrous is the front hole but check first mate like I say it's deffo in the manual

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.noswizard.com/pdf/Car%20UK%2 ... Manual.pdf

See page 7

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:16 pm 
Wizard

APDevelopments wrote:
On the main injector that we fit to the inlet of the engine.
It has a hole in the middle and 2 outputs each side of the hole.
Is there any preference to what comes out of what hole?
IE. nitrous out of the centre hole and fuel out of the 2 side holes or vice versa.

This is one thing you should know if you are a WoN agent !
Make sure you know how the injector works, because you will be asked this question ?

A simple way to visualise the crossfire operation is to remember how a paint spray gun works. Paint (fuel) comes out of the middle hole. The compressed air (nitrous) comes out of the holes either side at high speed to draw the paint (fuel) into the high speed gas stream to atmomise it into a spray pattern.

The nozzle connections are marked with dots to make sure the fuel and nitrous pipe are connected correctly.
Its all in the BOOK ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 pm 
Learner

Thanks for that. Had a customer who had it the wrong way around. So I just wanted to check.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 pm 
Learner

I think you need to learn significantly more than you know now before you become a won agent as at best you will get poor results give won a bad name or blow someone's engine up giving won the same reputation as the other company's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Everyone has to start somewhere and at least he asks questions where he'll get the right answers.

However, it would be wise to buy a copy of my book to speed up the learning curve.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:22 pm 
Learner

I appreciate everyone has to start somewhere but is it a good idea to be giving his costomers advice on this stuff when he doesn't know which way the pipes go

You practice on your own stuff not other people's pride and joy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm 
Learner

Hi.
Thankyou for your comments.
I wouldn't get to excited as I am only a refill agent.
I actually own a electrical company and I am a qualified electrician by trade to which I also work full time doing so and have been since the war. :salute:
Im just lucky enough to be able to buy large quantities of gas through my business to which I then sell on to friends and contacts who need a refill. Plus anybody else who would like to buy from me.
This nitrous and other silly stuff is just my hobby.
When I say customers I actually mean friends and contacts that I know who are also interested and own high power nitrous equipment.
I still charge them for my electrical knowledge. Pints and chips down the pub prices ;)
But I only know the basics of vehicle electrics. The old fashioned style. Wires, fuses, relays and stuff. When it comes to vehicle diagnostics, ecu's and that stuff. Its well over my head. and leave it to the ones who do know.
I myself have only ever fitted one kit and thats the one on my ST. All the others is what I have helped friends and contacts swap and fit various nitrous bits to their vehicles.
I dont sell or fit kits myself I dont offer advice or after sales services and I dont plan to.
I always get lumbered as I am the sparkey and they always ask me (( How do i wire this up??? Can you do it for me??? ))
Im always happy to help a mate or somebody out if they want me to. For beer and chips tho ;)

Ive got Trevors book and have read it from cover to cover. A good book it is to.
I hope that has cleared that up and im now off to the pub. :cheers:

And now my my next interest. HOME BREW CIDER. :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:13 pm 
Learner

Fair do's!, some of your posts come across as you're actually running a workshop fitting the kits but obviously not the case!.

Need more people with big nitrous bottles about as that's the main drawback for some, finding local suppliers so good on you for that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:14 pm 
Wizard

APDevelopments wrote:
Hi.
Thankyou for your comments.
I wouldn't get to excited as I am only a refill agent.
I actually own a electrical company and I am a qualified electrician by trade to which I also work full time doing so and have been since the war. :salute:
Im just lucky enough to be able to buy large quantities of gas through my business to which I then sell on to friends and contacts who need a refill. Plus anybody else who would like to buy from me.
This nitrous and other silly stuff is just my hobby.
When I say customers I actually mean friends and contacts that I know who are also interested and own high power nitrous equipment.
I still charge them for my electrical knowledge. Pints and chips down the pub prices ;)
But I only know the basics of vehicle electrics. The old fashioned style. Wires, fuses, relays and stuff. When it comes to vehicle diagnostics, ecu's and that stuff. Its well over my head. and leave it to the ones who do know.
I myself have only ever fitted one kit and thats the one on my ST. All the others is what I have helped friends and contacts swap and fit various nitrous bits to their vehicles.
I dont sell or fit kits myself I dont offer advice or after sales services and I dont plan to.
I always get lumbered as I am the sparkey and they always ask me (( How do i wire this up??? Can you do it for me??? ))
Im always happy to help a mate or somebody out if they want me to. For beer and chips tho ;)

Ive got Trevors book and have read it from cover to cover. A good book it is to.
I hope that has cleared that up and im now off to the pub. :cheers:

And now my my next interest. HOME BREW CIDER. :cheers:

Stick at it mate!
Read the book over and over. I did before I got stuff sunk in so i could remember the most important parts without thinking. HOME BREW CIDER ?? I guess the Pub is the Garage then :salute: