NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: BMW M3 DP install
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:39 pm 
Learner

M3NOS wrote:
Hi, haven't been on here for a while, but just to clarify what Trevor is saying, I had the opportunity to rebuild my S54 after pushing the boundaries of the stock internals, the car will be happy at 125hp if you go over it without pulling any ignition timing, here's the outcome. FACT.
Hope you can see the picture.

Cheers.

I've been reading 250 hp NX systems , (maybe not the one from the link, it's from Saad with NX hardware) working reliably, maybe they have pulled timing, I don't know ?

Maximum PSI is changing timing through Sport-button with their turbo system, so that should not be a problem.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:52 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Hi Lenny,

As is the case with all NX 'ideas' that is another BAD one.

Although our Discharge Tubes may not 'appear' to be anything 'special' they are actually VERY SPECIAL for the following reasons;
1) They are DESIGNED to enable the nitrous to be injected IN LINE with the air flow, rather than at any angle to the flow (which is detrimental to air flow).
2) They do NOT cause a flow restriction to the normal air flow as ALL other nozzles do.
3) They do NOT cause a flow restriction to to the nitrous itself by ABRUPTLY turning it through 90 degrees as most other nozzles do.
4) Not only do they NOT cause flow sapping turbulence but they actually enhance the flow due to the SPECIAL shape/angle of the exit from the tube.
5) When positioned correctly, they cause an induction system to benefit from a supercharging effect known as the Bernoulli principle, that NO other nitrous injections system can do.

Moving on to 'wet' Vs 'dry' - unless you had a fully programmable ECU and a VAST amount of knowledge to not only be able to adjust it correctly but also have a VAST amount of knowledge about how to achieve the correct mixture over the entire RPM range, it is MUCH BETTER to run a WET system, as ALL the tuning is in MY hands which is based on my 35 YEARS of experience.

Progressive is without doubt the ONLY way to add nitrous and from our experience with NO modifications carried out on the engine, it should be capable of handling an EXTRA 100 to 125 HP ON TOP of whatever you have NA.

If you'd like a quotation for the options we can offer you, please complete our contacts page and one of my team will get back to you ASAP.

http://www.noswizard.com/contacts

What type of system do you suggest ? I like the idea of using those vacuum spacers, they are almost at the same angle as fuel injectors, can't be too bad ? Crossfires are so small they might fit there without rail extensions. I dont like to drill manifold or plenum and because nitrous is illegal here it's good to be a little bit hidden. I also like simplicity so single solenoids and 6-way distribution block.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 pm 
Learner

This one looks OK for me, should be easy to remove for MOT. I still have to study how that Sport-button timing retard will work to get safely to 200 hp or maybe more.

How do you think industrial type nitrous bottles would work ? It would be easy to just use exchange bottles, we don't have many nitrous filling points.

Attachments:
S54 kaasut.jpg
S54 kaasut.jpg [ 372.64 KiB | Viewed 17109 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

That system was a rather complex 'special' option but we do offer a similar standard system.

What power does your engine make NA?

Industrial bottles will not be suitable, as they are;
1) Unlikely to have a dip tube fitted to the valve
2) Are likely to be made of steel which rusts
3) Unlikely to be filtered
4) As a consequence of 2 & 3 are likely to cause the Pulsoids to leak eventually

You don't need a filling station to fill bottles, you just need a big bottle of nitrous and an appropriate filling pipe with suitable fittings.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 am 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
That system was a rather complex 'special' option but we do offer a similar standard system.

What power does your engine make NA?

Industrial bottles will not be suitable, as they are;
1) Unlikely to have a dip tube fitted to the valve
2) Are likely to be made of steel which rusts
3) Unlikely to be filtered
4) As a consequence of 2 & 3 are likely to cause the Pulsoids to leak eventually

You don't need a filling station to fill bottles, you just need a big bottle of nitrous and an appropriate filling pipe with suitable fittings.

What was so complex ? seems like very simple to me.
Stock S54, so 330-340 hp.

Have to ask them about the bottles. Big bottles are the same, so the rust will get there anyway ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:42 pm 
Learner

Think I found what I've been looking for. http://www.msstuning.com/mssmapper.php

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

That was quick work Lenny. ;-)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27