NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: X-10 set up
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 pm 
Learner

Hi all, Ive just acquired 2 pairs of 350BHP X-10's from "that site".
Now foe bike useage these are rather on the large side, so can i alter the seat height to reduce them down to closer to 150's or does anybody have a set of 150's they want to trade??
I know i can jet for whatever i want/need but the percentages on pulse would be miles out for the intended use
Cheers
Steve

Is it possible to own too many hammers????

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: X-10 set up
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

What site?????

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 am 
Learner

I'm guessing Ebay possibly?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 am 
Site Admin

The reason I ask is that we've never sold many 350 HP Pulsoids so I'm surprised there's some being sold.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 am 

Noswizard wrote:
The reason I ask is that we've never sold many 350 HP Pulsoids so I'm surprised there's some being sold.

Hi :)

I have never seen any for sale on Ebay and they are not mine lol...you would need to pry them out of my dead fingers lol....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 am 
Site Admin

If only more people appreciated our products as much as you do Brett!!!

Thankfully the tide seems to be turning, because I received an email from a BRITISH BIKER (the fraternity I've had most negativity from in the past), in which he stated and I quote, that he'd been advised on other forums to AVOID the US stuff and only use mine.

I reckon that's got to be a first but I'll know the tide is certainly moving my way, when I see the same comments made on 200mph forum, because even after Ryan Schnitz posted that INCREDIBLE RECORD SHATTERING time of 6.9 secs, the fucking idiots over there were still trying to cling on to a vestige of their pathetic belief, that my systems are no better than any other, by failing to acknowledge what an enormous achievement it was. :tard: :tard: :tard:

The good thing is that if things keep going as they are at present (which is very likely as there's a lot of GREAT stuff in the pipeline), it will be indisputable that our systems are THE BEST BY FAR and then you can claim to be the first to truly appreciate that was the case. :yes: :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 am 
Learner

yup, that site equals the bay of e.......
Anyway, how much could i effectively reduce flow potential through pulsoid without affecting reliability or would i be better off doing a deal for some 150's?

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 am 
Site Admin

I've just realised they are X-10s (doh) you're talking about, which makes it even stranger and less likely to be a genuine sale as I'd be VERY SURPRISED if any that we'd sold were being re-sold, because only a very few successful racers have purchased them and I'm not aware of any of them packing up racing or dumping our system.

Since it's VERY DIFFICULT to tell a 150 from a 250 or 350 HP Pulsoid, how do you KNOW its a 350 version????

If they are 350s you could turn them down as low as you want and the only disadvantage over using a 150 is that it'll pull more current.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 pm 
Wizard

Are the higher flowing X-10's physically bigger than the old pulsoids then ??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

We manufactured the original Pulsoids in 150, 250 & 350 HP versions and they were all the same size.

Likewise, the X-10s are all the same size and in addition to the 150, 250 & 350 HP versions, we're about to also offer a 450 HP version, which will also be the same size.

The reason why we can manage to keep them all the same size, is that we're constantly working on efficiency improvements and as we do so, we manage to get more flow through the same physical size components. :yes:

The efficiency improvements are all due to changes to the internal parts.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:49 pm 
Wizard

Noswizard wrote:
We manufactured the original Pulsoids in 150, 250 & 350 HP versions and they were all the same size.

Likewise, the X-10s are all the same size and in addition to the 150, 250 & 350 HP versions, we're about to also offer a 450 HP version, which will also be the same size.

The reason why we can manage to keep them all the same size, is that we're constantly working on efficiency improvements and as we do so, we manage to get more flow through the same physical size components. :yes:

The efficiency improvements are all due to changes to the internal parts.

So Steves X-10's cant be bigger than the old pulsoids??? What have you bought Steve??? Show us some pics!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

Looking back I didn't actually address your question Perry, yes the X-10s are SLIGHTLY bigger than the original Pulsoids but without them side by side you wouldn't know it.

They probably look bigger because of all the additional more complex detail compared to the basic and plain original Pulsoids.

Don't tell me someone's knocking off some copies in China. :beatstick: :beatstick:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:50 pm 
Learner

To answer the OPs original question:

Yes, you can adjust the seat height, but why not simply adjust flow potential with jets?

It's not me selling anything. Despite having 9 Pulsoids on my workshop shelf, I bought a pair of X-10s for my street car. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 am 
Learner

PEI330Ci wrote:
To answer the OPs original question:

Yes, you can adjust the seat height, but why not simply adjust flow potential with jets?

It's not me selling anything. Despite having 9 Pulsoids on my workshop shelf, I bought a pair of X-10s for my street car. :D

If these were the smaller 150's thats exactly what I'd do, BUT on pulse, 20% of 350 being 70, the bottom range would be pretty unuseable for a bike app, especially one with street tyres and no wheelie bars. I appreciate the jet would have some effect on this figure but nowhere near enough whereas if i can trim the flow to somewhere near the size shot i want then the lower end performance should be inline with the overall output i want.

Setting the fuel pulsoid should be straight forward enough, but i guess im going to have to do a lot of bottle weighing etc to trim the nitrous one unless someone knows of a ref to seat height/flow?

The gear has arrived this week so i will post pics up. Knowing the source, i have no doubt these are genuine items but im not sure if the said person wants it made public their intentions as nothing has been mentioned through this forum, so for now I will keep it that way, but Trev is correct in as much as yes they do come from a racer so no panic over chinese copies :D

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

suzook12 wrote:
If these were the smaller 150's thats exactly what I'd do, BUT on pulse, 20% of 350 being 70, the bottom range would be pretty unuseable for a bike app, especially one with street tyres and no wheelie bars. I appreciate the jet would have some effect on this figure but nowhere near enough whereas if i can trim the flow to somewhere near the size shot i want then the lower end performance should be inline with the overall output i want.
Due to our unique jet location at the Pulsoid outlet that wouldn't be much of a problem, so you'd still get very close to 20% of the jet size but adjusting the seat offers other advantages and is the best option.

Setting the fuel pulsoid should be straight forward enough, but i guess im going to have to do a lot of bottle weighing etc to trim the nitrous one unless someone knows of a ref to seat height/flow?
You can use ANY liquid to set the flow to save on nitrous costs as long as you have a target figure for that media and pressure, so if you have a 150 HP nitrous Pulsoid, test the flow of that with say petrol and determine what that is and then adjust the 350 HP Pulsoid to flow the same.

The gear has arrived this week so i will post pics up. Knowing the source, i have no doubt these are genuine items but im not sure if the said person wants it made public their intentions as nothing has been mentioned through this forum, so for now I will keep it that way, but Trev is correct in as much as yes they do come from a racer so no panic over chinese copies :D
I'll still be AMAZED if they are 350 HP versions, because although I haven't checked our records yet I doubt we've sold ANY PAIRS of 350 X-10s to ANYONE who would sell them.
It doesn't matter if you give the name or not, because we keep records of ALL our sales and I'll check to see who IF ANYONE we've sold them to. It's in your own interest to tell me his name to check they are actually 350s and not 150s, especially as we haven't even sold that many 250s, as most people go for multiple 150s rather than single larger Pulsoids.
BTW what's the reason you've been given for selling them?

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:22 pm 
Learner

Cheers for the tip there Trev, will flow my jetted original to give me a target figure :D

Reason given for availability was that they were moving away from nitrous :shock:

All 4 are black if thats any help to ya

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:

You can use ANY liquid to set the flow to save on nitrous costs as long as you have a target figure for that media and pressure, so if you have a 150 HP nitrous Pulsoid, test the flow of that with say petrol and determine what that is and then adjust the 350 HP Pulsoid to flow the same.

Thats goot to know!