NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just bought a used WON kit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 am 
Learner

just bought a second hand system and read this thread, would it be advisable for 2nd hand kit owners to connect each solonoid in turn to the full bottle and test for leaks and at the same time pulse the solonoid to a 12v battery to check opening and closing operation before sending it to yourselves?

I bought a second hand kit as it saves money, considering the bragging rights you have over the competition and how indestructable they are advertised as being unless I find problems doing the tests above im going to rely on your engineering expertise that they will be okay :)

What exactly causes failure? ive seen 'misuse' and 'neglect' mentioned a few times but what exactly causes the problems?

My engine isnt worth anywhere near £10,000 thats for sure but valued being in working state all the same. What was the aforementioned car with the £10,000 engine in? sounds like it should be quick enough already without NOS on top at that price hehe

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: What NOT to do when buying a used nitrous kit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Lippy wrote:
just bought a second hand system and read this thread, would it be advisable for 2nd hand kit owners to connect each solonoid in turn to the full bottle and test for leaks and at the same time pulse the solonoid to a 12v battery to check opening and closing operation before sending it to yourselves?
You can certainly do that EXCEPT DO NOT connect the FUEL Pulsoid to the nitrous bottle to test it.
By all means test both Pulsoids APPROPRIATELY with the APPROPRIATE media.

I bought a second hand kit as it saves money, considering the bragging rights you have over the competition and how indestructable they are advertised as being unless I find problems doing the tests above im going to rely on your engineering expertise that they will be okay :)
Unfortunately they are ONLY indestructible when used CORRECTLY and not tampered with and not everyone does so.

What exactly causes failure? ive seen 'misuse' and 'neglect' mentioned a few times but what exactly causes the problems?
People wanting to pull them apart to see what's so special.
People thinking they can make more power by INCORRECTLY adjusting the outlet seat or just seeing an adjuster and not being able to resist playing with it.
Excessively long operation due to incorrect wiring or accidental switch activation

Unfortunately any of the above can WRECK all the hard work I put in to designing them.

My engine isnt worth anywhere near £10,000 thats for sure but valued being in working state all the same. What was the aforementioned car with the £10,000 engine in? sounds like it should be quick enough already without NOS on top at that price hehe
Can't remember for sure but thankfully for my business most people like a bit more power now and again no matter what they have or how much it cost them. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 am 
Learner

sweet cheers for the answers there only 1 thing more id like to know you said DONT connect the fuel solonoid to the nos bottle...?

are they designed differently or does passing a small amount of nos through where fuel will eventually go cause that much of a problem that it can t be done even for a small amount of time, il run fuel through it then but can you explain this one in a bit more detail for me please?

Im still learning sorry for all the questions, obviously im not challenging your advice im just one of those people that likes to ask 'why' all the time :) curiosity killed the cat I know :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 am 
Site Admin

They are different inside and the fuel Pulsoid is NOT designed to cope with the nitrous pressure.

If I haven't already suggested it, I'd strongly advise you to buy a copy of my book as it'll be very helpful to you. ;)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 am 
Learner

does the book cover everything? from sparkplug heat ratings to the sublime and the rediculus?

If its technically detailed then might be a good read as I like to know the ini's and out's of things!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:35 pm 

Lippy wrote:
does the book cover everything? from sparkplug heat ratings to the sublime and the rediculus?

If its technically detailed then might be a good read as I like to know the ini's and out's of things!

Hi :)

The book is FULL of technical details, and absolutely brilliant, if you buy it direct from WON and ask, they will get Trev to autograph it for you as well :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 pm 
Learner

Brett928S2 wrote:
Lippy wrote:

The book is FULL of technical details, and absolutely brilliant, if you buy it direct from WON and ask, they will get Trev to autograph it for you as well :)

How many pages is it exactly?
'get Trev to autograph it for you as well' you being serious here? I know theres a smiley face but need to ask :/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:54 pm 

Lippy wrote:
Brett928S2 wrote:
Lippy wrote:

How many pages is it exactly?
'get Trev to autograph it for you as well' you being serious here? I know theres a smiley face but need to ask :/

Cannot find mine at moment so someone else will chip in with how many pages...

Regarding that autograph of Trevs.... its worth money...Trav is the foremost Nitrous expert in the World !

Think what a Physics book would be worth if signed by Stephen Hawking...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am 
Learner

I know WON is the best yada yada, its said by every mod and member on here in every thread, its true as far as im concerned but deffinately overstated...

I guess I didnt realise he was touching on famous tbh.

Yeah bud Loopy is my sister... no more drinks for you... :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Lippy wrote:
I know WON is the best yada yada, its said by every mod and member on here in every thread, its true as far as im concerned but deffinately overstated...
The problem is that the companies that sell GARBAGE claim to sell the best this and that, so the FACT that ours are the best can never be 'overstated' to counter such LIES. ;)

I guess I didnt realise he was touching on famous tbh.
'Touching'!!!!!!!! You obviously missed my worldwide TV appearances. :beatstick: :rofl:

http://www.noswizard.com/OLD/videos/TopGearJagOrig.wmv

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Just for the record, I was driving the Jag and the Stig (lol) wasn't happy that I beat him. :twisted:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 pm 

Noswizard wrote:
Just for the record, I was driving the Jag and the Stig (lol) wasn't happy that I beat him. :twisted:

Hi Trev :)

I think you are showing the famous British sense of modesty here lol...

Ask ANYONE at ANY UK drag racinng track who "Trevor Langfield" is and they will know.....thats fame...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

LOL - on that basis Brett I'm even more famous (or infamous), because if you mention my name at any US Drag race event they'd probably say "Yeh we know of that arrogant British asshole" - LOL

Being a bit more serious about it, if things go well for me in Valdosta in a couple of weeks, the WHOLE Drag racing world will know of my name and it will be PERMANENTLY etched in the annals of Drag Racing history - NO QUESTION!!!! :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)