NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: R33 skyline gtst single turbo install. RB25DET
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:05 pm 

hi to the wizard team. hope you guys are keeping well.
had a quick question about the crossfire injector placement. its a 1 injector wet system.
i have two pics attached.
the main pic shows the inlet manilfold and possible placements of the crossfire. where is the best place for it. position 1, 2, 3, or 4???
i have included another picture so you can see the engine from a different angle.

and one more question.
you mentioned in your nos bible that the injectors should face a 15 degree angle. i have attached a pic to make it easy for me and others to understand. do you mean like in position 1 in pic or position 2?

thanks in advance.
shams

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
 Post subject: Re: R33 skyline gtst single turbo install. RB25DET
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:53 pm 
Learner

I would have said mount the crosfire as close to the throttle body as possible as the crossfire does such a good job of atomising the fuel and nitrous and you have more chance of getting as much liquid nitrous in the cylinders as possible

Drill and tap the hole straigh in the pipe and screw the crossfire in then rotate it slightly the idea is the mix will swirl around the intake to give as even distribution as possible

Can you get the solenoids closer to the crossfire location as you will have really long pipes where they are at the minute the shorter the better

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:53 pm 

still no mention of the 15 degree angle. can any wizard eloborate?
and wouldnt postion 3 on the crossfire be best. as it at a lower height aleady. so the mix should reach the cylinders better?

i will try to relocate the pulsoids closer

also, i know the fuel pipe is 4mm to the crossfire. but is the inlet to the fuel solenoid also 4mm? is that ok?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:03 pm 
Learner

Its 4 for me.

And even then, with just 1 crossfires, in my opinion you'd be looking at a maximum of a 50 shot. Depending on how well the manifold distributes the airflow, it looks likely the majority will go down runners 3/4. Its for this exact reason I had to go to direct port on my 6 cylinder BMW.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 pm 

hmmmm, interesting , position 4.

thanks guys for your input. can i get some professional advice from the wizards please. for the orginal few questions
i am looking at a 30-60 shot. very ocasional use.
still need answer to these questions>>>>>

1. i know the fuel pipe is 4mm to the crossfire. but is the inlet to the fuel solenoid also 4mm? is that ok?

2. wouldnt postion 3 on the crossfire be best. as it at a lower height aleady. so the mix should reach the cylinders?

3. still no mention of the 15 degree angle. can any wizard eloborate? the way i understood it, is when you tap into the pipe, u tap at a 15 degree angle, but upon further reading, i think you mean that you tap straight, and after tightenin the injector, you angle it a bit, by not havin it point straight. correct?

4. so can trevor or the team confirm which position from the 1st pic? 1, 2, 3 or 4?

5. lastly. static test. which size fuel and nitrous jets such i use for an initial static/road test. some info on the car: 2.5 turbo, 6 cylinder. fuel pressure guage showing 3 bars constant pressure. i presume 20 fuel and 50 nitro?

thanks very much

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:43 pm 
Learner

Trevor is in the States at the moment to handle some important business, so he doesn`t have much time to answer all questions online.

You answered most of your questions.
1. The fuelpipe before and after the fuel pulsoid is 4mm.
2. Position 3 is fine. As long as there is enough time for the fuel to be atomized by the nitrous cloud as it rushes through the intake pipe.
3. Just give it a small angle and you should be fine.
4. Position 2 and 3 should do.
5. A static test is done with a 25 bhp shot. That means a 50 N jet and 20 F jet. Don`t forget to bring the bottlepressure up to 950 psi or so.

As someone else already said, It`s best to bring the pulsoids to the other side to shorten pipelength. this will speed up activation time. Remember that the fuelpipe between pulsoid and crossfire doesn`t like to run uphill as this may reduce fuelflow. It should run horizontal. And keep the pipes away from hot parts.

Paul.

Diy short ram intake, TBS, throttle coolant block off, heat shield gasket, AAS race manifold, reinforced torque rods, Exedy stage 1 clutch, short shifter,semi slicks, hondata flashpro.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:03 am 
Site Admin

shams1924 wrote:
hi to the wizard team. hope you guys are keeping well.
Doing well thanks and welcome to my forum Shams.

had a quick question about the crossfire injector placement. its a 1 injector wet system.
i have two pics attached.
the main pic shows the inlet manilfold and possible placements of the crossfire. where is the best place for it. position 1, 2, 3, or 4???
Option 2 is the best bet as it gives the fuel and nitrous more time to mix evenly with the air, without the issues caused by flowing up hill as would be the case any further from the TB

and one more question.
you mentioned in your nos bible that the injectors should face a 15 degree angle. i have attached a pic to make it easy for me and others to understand. do you mean like in position 1 in pic or position 2?
NEITHER is correct - if you look down on TOP of the Crossfire once fitted at 90 degrees to the airflow, the injector body should be ROTATED 'approximately' 15 to 30 degrees in order to create a spiral flow.
This is to avoid the consequences of a straight line injection, which as has been stated would cause the central 2 cylinders to be fed with most of the nitrous/fuel charge.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:09 am 
Site Admin

shams1924 wrote:
1. i know the fuel pipe is 4mm to the crossfire. but is the inlet to the fuel solenoid also 4mm? is that ok?
That depends on how old it is, we used 4 mm some years ago but we've used 5 mm in more recent years.
For a low dose like you're suggesting, you should be fine with 4 mm.

2. wouldnt postion 3 on the crossfire be best. as it at a lower height aleady. so the mix should reach the cylinders?
2 is the best option as stated above, 3 'might' result in some fuel running back down the pipe.

3. still no mention of the 15 degree angle. can any wizard eloborate? the way i understood it, is when you tap into the pipe, u tap at a 15 degree angle, but upon further reading, i think you mean that you tap straight, and after tightenin the injector, you angle it a bit, by not havin it point straight. correct?
Your last determination is correct.

5. lastly. static test. which size fuel and nitrous jets such i use for an initial static/road test. some info on the car: 2.5 turbo, 6 cylinder. fuel pressure guage showing 3 bars constant pressure. i presume 20 fuel and 50 nitro?
That should be safe.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 pm 

thanks you very much trevor for your good and specific replies. appreciated! ;) :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 am 
Learner

Thanks Guys,

I was wondering the same thing on my ShitRocket and that explained it simply.

Thanks for uploading the Pic's as well.

Just to add,

When positioning the Crossfire Jet, is it better to put it inline with the secondary side, middle or doesn't it matter?

I was thinking more on the Secondary intake side as its WOT, though they both will be fully open..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:25 pm 
Learner

For what it's worth, I ran a single NOS fogger in the position indicated as number two for many years with no dramas (ugly but functional 100hp shot). This was on exactly the engine shown (a series one RB25DET). Pre blow-off-valve is a silly place to place the fogger but immediately after is fine. Mine was roughly half way in between the TB and the BOV but closer to the BOV would be ideal.

Post subject: DISATER STRUCK!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 pm 

WHAT LUCK!
exactly what i didnt need or want.
car wasnt running right. then a pop!
looked at the front. and fuel is flowing out of the intercooler.
it flooded it.
i immediately checked if the fuel solenoid was on. as fuel was flowing into the intake. and running down the piping into the intercooler
i up lugged the wiring into solenoid.
still fuel was flowing from solenoid. its like it is on all the time, just open. all bolts are tight. checked and double checked.

help trevor! whats gone wrong!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

I'm guessing this is either a 2nd hand kit or an old kit that's been sat doing nothing for a while?

If either is correct the cause of the failure is the fuel ingredients have destroyed the plunger seal and you need the Pulsoid servicing and a new plunger/seal which has the latest seal material that is more resistant to modern fuels.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)