All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 1970 cuda problem at high speed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:38 am 
Site Admin

I think you'll find my recent post in this thread of interest;

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... 238#p86238

Attachment:
12002828_971776932845171_1094288941923055512_n.jpg
12002828_971776932845171_1094288941923055512_n.jpg [ 50.4 KiB | Viewed 14337 times ]

:evil: :evil: :evil: :tard: :tard: :tard:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:02 pm 
Wizard

ROFL!! That thing is GARBAGE!!! :loser:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Can you believe the replies this US nitrous 'EXPERT' :omgrofl: has posted to my technical posts.

https://www.facebook.com/10617110273909 ... 71/?type=3

UTTERLY PATHETIC.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:28 pm 
Wizard

LOL I saw the reply. They were trying to save face on their garbage product.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

If I saw that any of my products produced such an APPALLINGLY BAD level of distribution (which he is obviously BLIND TO), the last thing I'd do is show it to the world.

How blind and STUPID do you have to be, to be unable to see how TERRIBLE the distribution is on that plate??????

Furthermore, why do people with such EXTREMELY LIMITED ability;
1) Think they are capable of creating such products
2) Fail to appreciate the potential consequences of their actions - fitting such a plate to an engine could KILL IT or worse still KILL THE CUSTOMER
3) Think they are smarter than someone who creates PERFECT products

The human brain is an INSANE piece of kit!!!!!

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:59 am 
Learner

upload immagini gratis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 am 
Learner

upload immagini gratis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 am 
Learner

caricare immagini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:12 am 
Learner

url immagine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:51 am 
Learner

Hi Guys .. i have reinstalled the classic Holley plate with 250 HP plate ... no angle on hoses .. and bigger 1/4 solenoid instead NX 1/8 solenoid .... i hope will be ok .....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Let us know how it goes and what the results are but always remember that whatever they are, you'd be running quicker ET's with a WON system and you and your car would be at MUCH LESS RISK of injury.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:13 pm 
Wizard

One issue that is really bothering me is the use of teflon tape. It is EXTREMELY vital that it is NOT used when assembling a nitrous system as bits of tape can work its way into the solenoid orifices and jets, which will cause MAJOR and UNPREDICTABLE problems that could grenade your engine!

You should not run the system until you use teflon paste at the minimum, but thread locking compound is the best to use in this case. I really don't want to see such a nice machine break because of something that can be avoided.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Couldn't agree more which is why we only provide customers with either self sealing fittings and/or fittings that seal with O rings, etc. so that no additional sealer is required.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:51 am 
Learner

Hi Guys .. Finally problem solved with NOS Dual Cross Plate and my older Edelbrock solenoids .. the last race 1 week ago with same setting jet of the shit NX plate ...the ET drop from 9.7 to 9.3 an top speed from 233 to 239 kmh ... very very very Fast !! thanks for your help ... now im thinking to install 4 solenoid for make dual stage ... 250 on the launch and 350 in 3rd !!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:15 pm 
Wizard

raffaplymouth wrote:
Hi Guys .. Finally problem solved with NOS Dual Cross Plate and my older Edelbrock solenoids .. the last race 1 week ago with same setting jet of the shit NX plate ...the ET drop from 9.7 to 9.3 an top speed from 233 to 239 kmh ... very very very Fast !! thanks for your help ... now im thinking to install 4 solenoid for make dual stage ... 250 on the launch and 350 in 3rd !!

I'm glad that you were able to overcome some of the issues with the previous plate, but there are other potential problems and with such cross bar plates as well. For instance, ANY crossbar 'style' plate will have the tendency to distribute more nitrous at the far end of the plate than the point of entry for the nitrous. The same goes for the fuel, although to a lesser degree, except that the fuel is introduced at the OPPOSITE end of the nitrous which will give one side of the plate too little fuel and too much nitrous while the other side is vice versa. Now the problem is 2-fold with the dual crossbars. It may not be apparent now, but it will once you attempt to push the limits of your system.

Also while dual stage has the benefit over a single stage of increasing power & benefiting traction, you're leaving a lot on the table in terms of performance with staged systems.
1) The initial lean, hard hit of each stage will cause extra strain on the engine and driveline.
2) The pressure drop from each stage will cause the engine to run progressively richer, with each subsequent hit becoming worse during the run.
3) The cost of components in the form of maintenance increases for all of those solenoids now introduced.
4) The potential rate of failure also increases from the introduction of more generic components.

Here are some other points posted from the Noswizard

Noswizard wrote:
First there were single stage fixed hit kits but these either meant you had to limit yourself to a relatively small increase that you could use early in the run and make do with the fact that you could add more further down the track, or you had to wait till later in the run and use a larger power increase. Either way a vehicle could go much quicker if these fixed hit kits could be "enhanced".

Next came 2 stage, followed by 3 stage and even 4 stage kits, which meant you could start with a small increase very early in the run, followed by "steps" in power as the engine/vehicle can handle each successive step, the further you travel down the track.
The problems with these systems are;
1) The time between each stage being activated is limited to the fixed level of power that's activated at the start of that period, when in fact it could handle a small (but significant) increase for each fraction of a second of that time.
2) Each stage is a "step" in power with the potential to cause problems, in particular destabilising the vehicle.
3) Each stage increases the weight and complexity as well as increasing the obstructions in the air flow.
4) Each time a stage is activated it causes a drop in nitrous pressure which adversely affects the mixture of each stage in use
5) Each stage must be very accurately set up, otherwise the discrepancies stack up each time a stage is activated.
6) Each stage adds more current load which can cause other electrical components to suffer (weak spark for example) or you need to run a bigger batter than normal, adding even more weight

The advantages of a progressive system FAR outweigh those of staged systems in that (only to name some):

1) A progressive system greatly relieves engine & drive line stress
2) Reduce the amount of overall bottle pressure, resulting in more consistent performance
3) Increase traction to a greater degree by "easing" into the run
4) Are fully adjustable for specific setups and track conditions via the controller unit (WoN Max Extreme units also integrate numerous SAFETY features as well)
5) Weigh less
6) Lesser drain on the electrical system
7) Have fewer components to fail (although generic solenoids FAIL QUICKLY when pulsed; used Pulsoids instead)
8) COSTS LESS than purchasing more and more solenoids, fittings, connectors, etc. for EACH stage added.

Attachments:
PoorDist.jpg
PoorDist.jpg [ 102.79 KiB | Viewed 13253 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

raffaplymouth wrote:

Glad to hear you've made 'some' progress at last.

Can you confirm that you are reporting a 0.4 sec improvement and a 6 kmh increase in terminal speed from 250 HP of nitrous????

Additionally I fully agree with Alex who is an AMERICAN who has a great deal of experience of using JUNK US brand nitrous kits and now has a growing level of experience in using superior British WON systems.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 am 
Learner

this is all my Changeling with all plates test ( same engine , same fuel line , same pump aeromotive A2000 )

older traditional NOS plate

150 hp 9.90 engine runs very good
200 hp 9.74 engine runs very good
250 hp 9.68 engine runs good but not perfect

NX shit perimeter plate

150 hp 9.94 engine runs good but soft nitrous activation sensation
200 hp 9.80 high misfire
250 hp 9.68 very high misfire

NOS dual cross plate

200 hp 9.64 engine runs good no misfire
250 hp 9.32 engine runs very very good and activation is very hard , no misfire
300 hp not installed , i would try
350 hp not installed , i would try

im very happy for the last set up 9.32 with 250 hp but i would try with 2 more solenoid added in this metod :

1 stage 200 hp for best traction in 1-2-3 shift automatic activation ( like now )
2 stage 400 hp with button on the steering wheel at around half track :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:08 pm 
Wizard

You'd be much better off with a progressive setup rather than the old staged setups. Stages add more components that increase the risk of problems, but since you're using the generic stuff anyway, it's probably better than trying to use the system progressively (by pulsing) as that will wear out your solenoids quickly.

I will also mention that faster E.T.'s and increased MPH from the plate changes you made still DO NOT indicate that the system is working CORRECTLY, but indicates that it's working okay enough SO FAR. It's once you start pushing the limits is where you'll see where the system's inadequacies are. All I can say is good luck. :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:50 am 
Learner

Turbobox wrote:
You'd be much better off with a progressive setup rather than the old staged setups. Stages add more components that increase the risk of problems, but since you're using the generic stuff anyway, it's probably better than trying to use the system progressively (by pulsing) as that will wear out your solenoids quickly.

I will also mention that faster E.T.'s and increased MPH from the plate changes you made still DO NOT indicate that the system is working CORRECTLY, but indicates that it's working okay enough SO FAR. It's once you start pushing the limits is where you'll see where the system's inadequacies are. All I can say is good luck. :yes:

ok Thanks ! probably will remain in this step ... i have tested with other 20 pass and look like perfect all time ! Thanks