NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Here !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:33 am 
Learner

I didn't see a "welcome" section so I figured I would post in here and I hope that is ok. I'm stationed in Italy but I'm from the States. I brought my 05' Ponitac GTO with my and I'm looking to spray it with a WON kit possibly. I'm not new to nitrous at all but I've never heard of WON the company. I recently happened to buy a book off of Amazon written by the WON man himself that peaked my interest. Anyway,looking to get to know a few of you guys while asking a few specific questions of my own before I pull the trigger. I noticed that all of the V8 kits are direct port specific which is nice and the quality looks top notch compared to what I have used before. Thanks for reading !

Blue Tech Motorsports

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: New Here !
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

blackbob wrote:
I didn't see a "welcome" section so I figured I would post in here and I hope that is ok. I'm stationed in Italy but I'm from the States. I brought my 05' Ponitac GTO with my and I'm looking to spray it with a WON kit possibly. I'm not new to nitrous at all but I've never heard of WON the company. I recently happened to buy a book off of Amazon written by the WON man himself that peaked my interest. Anyway,looking to get to know a few of you guys while asking a few specific questions of my own before I pull the trigger. I noticed that all of the V8 kits are direct port specific which is nice and the quality looks top notch compared to what I have used before. Thanks for reading !

Hi Bob and welcome to my forum.

I've never even thought about a welcome section, as most people just want to get stuck in and ask their questions over here.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you like and I'll gladly answer them for you.

FYI we have a growing number of US based customers and have some of them who have achieved outstanding results with our products, so I'm sure you'll be happy with the quality and the performance if you decide to choose WON.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 pm 
Learner

Thanks Trev !,
It's kind of cool to talk to the big dog and not even bought anything unlike some companies I've dealt with before. I see that you base your kits on maximum efficiency rather than shear "amount" like some other kits. This is new to me in refference to nitrous because the American attitude towards it is to simply "add more" then forge the motor and "add more",lol. I will be honest though after reading a little bit of your book ( and I intend to finish it ) there are some unanswered questions or generally accepted issue with other kits that I now have a better idea of or are now answered.

For me though I would like to see what you have to offer in terms of a pretty large kit or at least one that supports large power for my car. I'm use to U.S. spec kit that offer multiple size shots on the same system. So say one kit with the ability to support 200-600hp. I would like a kit good for 150-300 if that is at all possible and prefferably progressive as I have a IRS car with a less than satisfactory factory designed suspension. My ultimate goal would be 450-500hp on my current LS2 and then spray the extra 2-300 depending on situation. I think this would MORE then suffice for anything I could possible do with the car in the future and then some. What would you suggest ?

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

blackbob wrote:
It's kind of cool to talk to the big dog and not even bought anything unlike some companies I've dealt with before.
I give 99% of the people my company deals with my personal service at some stage or other, to make sure they all have a good WON experience, as that's my top priority.

I see that you base your kits on maximum efficiency rather than shear "amount" like some other kits.
We started with optimising efficiency (otherwise optimum results can never be achieved) and then we've maximised the amount our systems can flow. For example, our REVO system is the most efficient that has ever been designed and now we're currently working on a SINGLE REVO unit, that will control a 2,500 HP flow capability. To control the same amount of flow using the biggest US solenoid, you'd need FOUR of them and you'd only be able to bring in the power in TWO BIG HITS, whereas the REVO can deliver ANY initial power level (from anything above ZERO) and PROGRESS SMOOTHLY all the way up to FULL flow. :yes:

This is new to me in refference to nitrous because the American attitude towards it is to simply "add more" then forge the motor and "add more",lol.
Exactly and it's entirely the wrong way to do it, which is why the nitrous Drag classes are so far behind the performances of forced induction alternatives.

I will be honest though after reading a little bit of your book ( and I intend to finish it ) there are some unanswered questions or generally accepted issue with other kits that I now have a better idea of or are now answered.
I wrote the book a good few years ago (ten or so) and since then we've increased our knowledge substantially, so I'm in the process of writing another. The first book should give you a good grounding in nitrous but the next one will take nitrous knowledge close to the leading edge of what we are currently working on but as with most things, the more you learn the more questions it raises, so please feel free to ask any questions you think of.

For me though I would like to see what you have to offer in terms of a pretty large kit or at least one that supports large power for my car.
If you'd be so good as to complete our contacts page, one of my team will deal with that for you;
http://www.noswizard.com/contacts

I'm use to U.S. spec kit that offer multiple size shots on the same system. So say one kit with the ability to support 200-600hp. I would like a kit good for 150-300 if that is at all possible and prefferably progressive as I have a IRS car with a less than satisfactory factory designed suspension. My ultimate goal would be 450-500hp on my current LS2 and then spray the extra 2-300 depending on situation. I think this would MORE then suffice for anything I could possible do with the car in the future and then some. What would you suggest ?
If you complete our contacts page we'll work out exactly what you require and then offer you all the options available to you to meet those requirements.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:08 pm 
Learner

Thanks,I talked to them and a dealer too. It looks like the base 150SB kit with the upgrade to 250 shot solenoids and jets will suffice.

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

That 'may' be the case but to be sure, it would be better if you were provided with all your options and the only way you'd get that information comprehensively, is if we received your information via our contacts page and one of my team provided you with a FULL response (which would be vetted by me) by email.

Hopefully we'll hear from you again soon.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 am 
Learner

I did and still talking with your team now,Lisa I think her name is.

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent, Lisa will make sure you are informed of all your options but once she's supplied all the info you asked for, get back to me and I'll review it with you, to make sure you're happy with everything. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
Excellent, Lisa will make sure you are informed of all your options but once she's supplied all the info you asked for, get back to me and I'll review it with you, to make sure you're happy with everything. :yes:

Thanks,
Well as of this afternoon I'm settled with the 250 solenoid upgrade using 200 shot pills. I figure this along with a reputable progressive controller and all the safeties I should be more then ok.

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

There's no progressive controller as advanced and as full of safety features as our Max Extreme, because we have just about everything covered, including CLOSED LOOP AFR control.

http://www.noswizard.com/nitrous-contro ... oller.html

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:10 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
There's no progressive controller as advanced and as full of safety features as our Max Extreme, because we have just about everything covered, including CLOSED LOOP AFR control.

So I can attach a wide band to it or it IS a wideband ?

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

blackbob wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

You can connect the output from an existing or additional wideband to it and then select the AFR you are happy to run at, then the Max will self adjust the fuel and nitrous delivery to maintain that mixture ratio. :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 pm 
Learner

Noswizard wrote:
blackbob wrote:
Noswizard wrote:

You can connect the output from an existing or additional wideband to it and then select the AFR you are happy to run at, then the Max will self adjust the fuel and nitrous delivery to maintain that mixture ratio. :yes:

That is beyond sick ! So you really have done your best to level the field between Nitrous and F.I. ? Quick question,if I buy the US Spec kit while I am still in Italy. Will I have any issues with the fuel solenoid ?

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

blackbob wrote:
That is beyond sick ! So you really have done your best to level the field between Nitrous and F.I. ?
We're going one step further than that, as our latest R&D project will take nitrous beyond FI. :twisted:

Currently a motor is limited to how much nitrous it can 'consume' because there is a point where trying to flow more nitrous actually causes less to enter the chambers, as the force and volume of injection causes it to bounce off the closed inlet valves. Our Semi Sealed Induction System (SSIS), will overcome that problem and allow us to achieve positive manifold pressure due to preventing the bouncing (reverse flowing) nitrous from escaping from the induction system.

You can find more details here;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6764&p=81713#p81713

Quick question,if I buy the US Spec kit while I am still in Italy. Will I have any issues with the fuel solenoid ?
You'll have no problems at all, as we use the same (highly advanced and extremely expensive) material in ALL our fuel Pulsoids.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 am 
Learner

I think its safe to say I'm in love. Given what's availible I would like to lend my own experience in helping R&D. Nitrous has a so-so rep where I am from and nitrous cars are only taking so seriously. Is there a way to help this process and become an asset to WON ? I don't know about Italy,but m,in the U S. There is a huge market and no one has seem to have heard if or know much if the WON company. I'd like to help change that starting with events.

Blue Tech Motorsports

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the offer Bob and I'll keep it in mind.

Although a large percentage of the US may not be aware of us, you'll be surprised to learn that a substantial percentage are and that balance is shifting in our favour daily.

We have some OUTSTANDING results from our US customers (most easily establish class records and some have set world records) and as a consequence, growth in our market share of the US is so high that we are currently working on a US specific website and we're in the process of launching a US corporation in partnership with our main US agent.

Most of our US success stories can be found on the forum and our US agents can be found here;

http://www.noswizard.com/agents-north-america

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)