NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Audi tt 3.2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:00 am 

lve had a search on the tt 3.2 but cant find anything related. Does anyone know how these motors perform with a kit. The car has S-tronic/DSG.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Audi tt 3.2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:39 pm 
Wizard

dc240969 wrote:
lve had a search on the tt 3.2 but cant find anything related. Does anyone know how these motors perform with a kit. The car has S-tronic/DSG.

I would imagine that it would perform very well, as any other engine would, with more torque across the entire RPM range.

From some quick searching, it is a newer version of VW's compact v6. Back when this engine started showing in the U.S. it wasn't as fitted with any more than 2 valves per cylinder and made 180 BHP; I have seen many videos and forum posts (when I had strongly considered going VW) regarding the old engine and they responded VERY well to mods like nitrous (JUNK U.S. trash), supercharging, and turbocharging.

With more advancements and a standard 245 BHP, I would say that even a small amount of WON nitrous would make a significant difference. As for the gearbox, I couldn't tell you anything about it personally but it should hold some pretty good power and I'd be disappointed if it didn't.

If you do manage to spray it, let us know about your experience. :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:28 pm 

It really all depends if l can get NOS refills locally or delivered easily before l make the decision.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:17 pm 
Wizard

dc240969 wrote:
It really all depends if l can get NOS refills locally or delivered easily before l make the decision.

I know the feeling as that's only ONE of many hurdles that we nitrous lunatics have to sort out to become more mainstream.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:18 am 

Hi all I thought I would add to this post rather than starting a new one.

I am looking to add a nitrous kit to my mk1 3.2 tt and was wondering what would be the best set up to go for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:03 pm 
Wizard

Deanster wrote:
Hi all I thought I would add to this post rather than starting a new one.

I am looking to add a nitrous kit to my mk1 3.2 tt and was wondering what would be the best set up to go for.

Welcome to the forum! You came to the right place for all factual nitrous information and I would encourage you to explore as much as possible: you will find great insights into the world of nitrous.

You could start with a basic single injector wet system and then upgrade later on to a direct port system for little cost since WoN kit upgrades only supply the hardware that is needed, making it as cost effective as possible.

May I ask what country where you are located?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:31 am 

Hi Turbobox thanks for the advice I was looking at the Street-Blaster 150i kit

I live in Northern Ireland.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:06 pm 
Wizard

Deanster wrote:

That would suit your application quite nicely and I expect you'll have quit a lot of trouble getting the grin off your face: it's a WoN trademark!

I'm from the USA and I've never been to the UK. How are the roads in Ireland? Are they long country style roads or smaller city roads? I know the beer is good there!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:08 pm 
Learner

Im afraid i cant offer any advise on the Audi TT... but!

I am a newcomer to WON Nitrous, I fitted my first SB150i kit a couple of months ago, after some great advise and help from this forum.

im running a fixed 40 shot on a Fiesta zetec s... My only regret is that I didnt try nitrous years ago ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:21 pm 
Wizard

Goyle wrote:
Im afraid i cant offer any advise on the Audi TT... but!
I can! :yes: The larger engine and intake design should be able to handle around 75 hp on a single injector before the need to go direct port. Of course, even on a 50 bhp hit, the performance increase will be STOUT! In many cases, the performance increase is more than the theoretical jetting values, so you could end up making 60, 70, or more bhp on 50 jets!

I am a newcomer to WON Nitrous, I fitted my first SB150i kit a couple of months ago, after some great advise and help from this forum.

And you are EXTREMELY FORTUNATE to have found this forum and chosen WoN because you could've been in MUCH MORE trouble than you were if you'd have gone any other brand.

im running a fixed 40 shot on a Fiesta zetec s... My only regret is that I didnt try WoN nitrous years ago ;)
My regret was PASSING OFF WoN 15 years ago when I first dabbled in nitrous. My very first mistake was Nitrous Express and that cost me an engine on a mere 50 shot. That stung me pretty badly and I AVOIDED nitrous for some time, as the same story goes.

If I had tried WoN the FIRST time out, I would've saved all of that grief and been EVEN MORE EXPERT at nitrous performance than I am now.

I bet I would've been glued to Trev's ass if I started then :omgrofl: :omgrofl: :omgrofl:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:30 pm 
Wizard

In fact, I did go back and find a guy that had and Audi 3.2 v6 successfully running a 75 bhp hit and he reported that it was "goooooooood". :yes:

Image[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:23 am 

Turbobox wrote:
Deanster wrote:

That would suit your application quite nicely and I expect you'll have quit a lot of trouble getting the grin off your face: it's a WoN trademark!

I'm from the USA and I've never been to the UK. How are the roads in Ireland? Are they long country style roads or smaller city roads? I know the beer is good there!

The roads a pretty good.. where I live there is a good mix of long country roads outside of the town centre.

Haha yes the beer is very good :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:48 am 
Wizard

Excellent! Windy roads are actually my FAVORITE to hit the spray because of the rapid response of the nitrous'd engine! The increased torque while pulling out of corners is simply euphoric! :yes: 8)