NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Won system
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 pm 
Learner

Ive just been offered this won system, looks like a bargain to me, what do you think?

"This is the Wizards of Nos 150i system with WoN Max Extreme V2 Nitrous controller. The solenoids are the new X-10 model and are both in excellent condition. Included with this system is the T section adaptor from the cylinder, bottle mounting bracket and a full cylinder.

This kit has been fitted to a vehicle but due to not being able to map the car with the kit, it was never used and the car has now been sold. It does have some wear and tear marks from fitting but all is in good condition.

Unfortunately we do not know enough about these kits but believe this is certainly a bargain at just £495

Please note this item is collection only due to including a full canister"
Attachment:
nos image.jpeg
nos image.jpeg [ 196.17 KiB | Viewed 22512 times ]

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Conact US
 Post subject: Re: Won system
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:47 pm 
Wizard

You'll need some pipework, wires, switches, and other misc things to go with that. But that is a SWEET deal if you can grab it! The maxy alone is more than the price for everything there and it appears in very good condition.

I don't know how "the car couldn't be mapped for it". It seems like there were other issues with that person's build that would probably end up in failure anyway, but their loss is your gain! :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:34 pm 
Learner

As Turbobox has pointed out, the controller alone is worth more than that asking price :yes:

I would be all over that deal if that was me... infact if you dont go for it, for whatever reason, send me the link and i will buy it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:08 pm 
Learner

Thanks guys have bought it... :lol:

Am I right in saying that the max extreme controller, negates the need for a TPS activation switch?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:43 pm 
Wizard

That is true: the Maxy has an integral TPS function that will eliminate the need for any extra hardware....

You, sir, just scored BIG TIME as that is one of the TOP OF THE LINE controllers! There are NUMEROUS safety and race features built into that puppy! :yes: :yes:

With that, you can make 75 hp a joke!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:55 pm 
Learner

That looks like an 11lb bottle as well 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 am 
Wizard

I also noticed that... I hope it fits in his boot. Roadsters are a tough to fit big cylinders, but I think we can find a way to squeeze it in there. :yes:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:21 pm 
Learner

Yes I thought that it was the bigger bottle, I have measured and it may just fit as per recommendations, although I believe im ok to install sideways with the correct dip tube orientation, looks like a full bottle too although I am yet to collect, thats worth at least £70-80 on its own.
I have been trying to read up on the max extreme controller and its quite daunting, i cant see me chopping in to my Z4's wiring loom for all those functions/settings at different RPM, gears etc I think its more for the proffesional racer. Not to mention mounting in the small cabin and the wiring, im just wondering if i should just go with a simple micro switch set up to start with, although I have read from some posts that a controller will unlock so much more potential from a fitted system

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:16 pm 
Wizard

The wiring on the max is very simple and there is no need to connect 'all' of the wires on it, you can add a microswitch to trigger the Maxy if it's simpler for you but the TPS is more accurate and reliable (although I've yet to have one go bad on me).

The Max SEEMS more complicated AT FIRST, but I assure you that it will be a breeze to operate once you become familiar with it. I have a YouTube overview video of it (admittedly it's not very good but still of value) and you'll see that it's not difficult to use: https://youtu.be/sjJpem7nBeA?list=PLzwGOZ2mkCvT1lHsNQLYCQwCfmLJQdp3d . In any case, I'm here to help and you'll appreciate having that Max once you understand it better: you'll achieve much better traction, achieve more power (if you wish), and have piece of mind as the Max's safety features prevent the nitrous from being used in unfavorable conditions.

The wires I'd connect from the Maxy to your car are the TPS and the RPM signal, with these two you'll have access to the safety features that are most commonly used and they are simple to tap into the stock wiring on the car. This can be done at a later time as they are not essential to using the nitrous system, but they should be considered at a later time and we can guide you through the process.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:21 pm 
Wizard

BTW, in the video there were no wires integrated to my car: only the nitrous system itself and a microswitch was being used (and still is) to operate the Maxy, yet I benefit fully from the progressive control.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:39 am 
Learner

I suppose its like one of those manuals you used to get to programme a VCR, about half an inch thick with zillions of lines of writing just for pressing the buttons in a few steps, just need to break it down into stages.
Probably the worst job is removing interior trim for accesses, all the plastic bits that are only designed to clip in once and when you try and get them out they all break off, weather is freezing outside at the moment so will give me plenty of time to soak up all the fitting info.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:18 pm 
Wizard

bmwz4 wrote:
I suppose its like one of those manuals you used to get to programme a VCR, about half an inch thick with zillions of lines of writing just for pressing the buttons in a few steps, just need to break it down into stages.
Probably the worst job is removing interior trim for accesses, all the plastic bits that are only designed to clip in once and when you try and get them out they all break off, weather is freezing outside at the moment so will give me plenty of time to soak up all the fitting info.

Interior trim IS the most difficult part in most cases, but essential if you want it to look pretty. :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:10 am 
Learner

bmwz4 wrote:
weather is freezing outside at the moment so will give me plenty of time to soak up all the fitting info.

your not kidding its freezing out side... this is what my car looked like most mornings in the last week :x

im quite envious of Turboboxes lovely florida weather lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:22 am 
Wizard

8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:46 am 
Learner

At least You probably have the brilliant ford windscreen defrost sytem tho?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 pm 
Learner

So.. collected system today, first hiccups mounting bracket is not complete and the bottle is not full as described, will try and get a refund on that one?
Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 355.64 KiB | Viewed 22450 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:00 pm 
Wizard

You can get the mounting bracket pieces individually, but the cylinder being empty would be worthy of some type of refund for the difference since the ad said that it was supposed to be full. You still got a hell of a steal.

How did you determine it was not full btw?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 pm 
Learner

I was suspicious when I first got the bottle as it was very light and I couldnt detect any liquid sloshing about, I didnt know what a full bottle should weigh and just thought maybe that was the nature of nitrous, last night I gently opened the valve and not even a PSSS like you would get from a miniscule of gas so opened fully just nothing there, anyway as it was on ebay the seller has agreed to refund me £85 so thats a result. Will now need to find someone to fill it in or around Southampton UK.

Im hopefully going to sit down this weekend and work out exactly what other bits to purchase, the black nitrous pipe that came is in poor condition so I think for peace of mind I will get all new pipes and olives

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 pm 
Wizard

Your best bet is to call Highpower directly. They'll set you straight on getting only the components you need without any guesswork on your part. It will be much faster and more convenient. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction to source nitrous where you live.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:14 pm 
Learner

Just having a look at the solenoids the fuel has a 20 jet and the Nitrous a 50, should'nt that be the other way around, apparently the kit was previously installed on a Ford Fiesta rs turbo, picture below quite an old car from the early 90's piccy below

Attachment:
fordfiestarsturbo_749_500_70.jpeg
fordfiestarsturbo_749_500_70.jpeg [ 74.06 KiB | Viewed 22438 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm 
Learner

Also found a poorly installed Olive on one of the fuel lines from solenoid to crossfire, olive not gripping on both sides
Attachment:
20170105_161701.jpg
20170105_161701.jpg [ 401.71 KiB | Viewed 22437 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm 
Wizard

bmwz4 wrote:
Just having a look at the solenoids the fuel has a 20 jet and the Nitrous a 50, should'nt that be the other way around, apparently the kit was previously installed on a Ford Fiesta rs turbo, picture below quite an old car from the early 90's piccy below

Attachment:
fordfiestarsturbo_749_500_70.jpeg

It sounds right to me for a typical 40 psig fuel injected car. In fact your bmw may need a smaller fuel jet still for the higher than normal fuel pressure 58 psi I think? But don't quote me on that.

And that olive needs to be redone as you suspected. They are inexpensive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:31 pm 
Learner

Yes it definately is around 50, my Haynes manual says 51+/-2.9 psi but that covers the 3 series too so may not be 100%, I imagine that jet set up would be a safe place to start, I think I read somewhere else that BMW's run close to a 3:1 AF ratio. Just been looking at the wiring that came with the controller, although very neatly done, the wire colours are not as per nos diagrams and the diameters look rather small too, so will defo be ordering a new loom. I must say though some of the recommended cabling does seem rather large for the equipment and currents stated, but im more used to 230/380v single and 3 phase eg 12 awg approx 3mm2 cable would easily be able to take 30A on a mains cable.

I wouldnt doubt Trevor or WON though, he's probably a genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 pm 
Wizard

The cabling is large to provide power to up to 3 pairs of Pulsoids I believe, so the current draw will be much higher and bigger flowing Pulsoids require more energy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 am 
Learner

:yes: