NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum

Nitrous Oxide ( NOS / N20 ) Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wizards of NOS Kit How-To Videos YOUTUBE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:00 pm 
Wizard

Hey fellow students of NOS-wizardry!

I've decided to create a thread to pool all of the HOW-TO videos and updates on my YouTube channel. So any uploads I make will be posted here!

YouTube Channel Link

Channel Trailer

How-To:

Spark Plugs

Overview: Max Extreme

Use Compression Fittings in WON kits

WON Kit Jet Removal and Replacement

(Wizards of NOS) Nitrous Goped Sport Ride and Chat 2.5 Bhp Hit

Wizards of NOS Goped 3.75 bhp Bigger Jetting Ride Around

(Wizards of NOS) Goped Sport 3,75 bhp Step-up w/ Jetting Static and Idle Tests

Nitrous System Troubleshooting: Lean Condition

How To: Retard Ignition Timing on Small 2-Strokes

How To: Avoid Mistakes!!!

Update: Nitrous kit Relocation and Keeping nitrous lines short

Info:

WoN vs JUNK Playlist

Last edited by Turbobox on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:39 am, edited 9 times in total.

Advertisement

Wizards of NOS Sparkplugs
 Post subject: Re: Wizards of NOS Kit How-To Videos YOUTUBE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent work :yes:

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

30 years of nitrous experience and counting!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 pm 
Wizard

Yay updates!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:40 am 
Wizard

Added a playlist for WoN vs JUNK kits!

My voice was messed up after all of that talking! That's 2 full hours of talking WON NITROUS! :yes:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:14 pm 
Learner

excellent :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:45 am 
Site Admin

After reviewing a large amount of your excellent video work Alex, I have the following comments to make, that I hope everyone who reads this will benefit from and that you'll be able to implement (by way of editing), into the appropriate sections;

Unfortunately even in the SCIENTIFIC data that is on the Internet, there is MISLEADING information.
Such information has MISLEAD you to believe that 1 volume of LIQUID nitrous oxide, is equal to 400 volumes of gaseous nitrous. Unfortunately what they omitted to mention in that ratio, is that they are comparing 1 volume of liquid at over 700 psi with 400 volumes of gas at atmospheric pressure or at least that's my conclusion, based on MY practical experimental results.
During my tests (and I believe I found confirmation in ONE SCIENTIFIC net page to support it), I concluded that 1 volume of LIQUID nitrous at 700 psi was equal to roughly THREE volumes of GASEOUS nitrous at the same pressure.
I believe another anomaly in the SCIENTIFIC information relating to nitrous, is the CRITICAL POINT (a point that it is said where ALL the liquid converts to GAS), which I find impossible to accept is even possible, in the way 'we' store/use nitrous and my observations support my opinion, as I've had a bottle pressure way about the critical point and LIQUID nitrous has exited the outlet.

Another point to clarify, is that although we send out our SPRV's set at approx. 1,500 psi., for the select few who have learned enough of my knowledge, it is possible to adjust that down to approx. 1,000 psi and it is really only after that process, that the SPRV will do it's SECOND JOB of protecting an engine against excess bottle pressure.

Although in some instances the gaseous content of pipe work is correctly described as 'air', in most instances it is only correct to describe it as GASEOUS nitrous and not air.

While it is correct to say that stock WON systems using nylon pipe do not 'NEED' to be purged, it's actually a bit more involved and beneficial than that;
1) Although a purge is not 'needed' if an INSTANT HARD HIT was required, a WON system would benefit A LITTLE from adding a purge
2) That being the case, is actually beneficial for the majority of customers, as the fact that there is 'SOME' GASEOUS nitrous in the nylon supply pipe, SOFTENS the transition from no nitrous to nitrous and in the process REDUCES the LEAN SPIKE that 100% LIQUID nitrous delivery would cause.
3) While other companies run by IDIOTS claim that their kits deliver a HARD HIT to be advantageous, those of us with REAL KNOWLEDGE, appreciate that a SOFT HIT is what is really required, as that is how to achieve extended engine reliability, while still producing quicker and faster results.

A point I need to clarify on the Pulsoids abilities to handle heat build up in the coil. While it is true that the FUEL Pulsoids could probably handled extended periods of time energised, unfortunately that is NOT the case for the NITROUS Pulsoids.
While the 150s can handle a few minutes energised in the absence of cooling nitrous flow, the 250 and 350 can only manage a shorter time, with the 450 even less and the 550 less still.
The reason for the reduction in ability to handle heat build up, is due to the higher levels of heat being generated by the higher current levels required to energise them.
The integral body and core design of our Pulsoids and the fact that they are machined from billet alloy, result in the coolest possible running temps, so however long our Pulsoids can withstand such conditions, you can be sure that most US solenoids would fail much sooner.

As the question of the warranty on our fuel Pulsoids was mentioned, I think it is the ideal time to mention, that although we suffered a number of plunger seal failures using the material we used in our ORIGINAL Pulsoids (NOT our X-10s), even before the addition of ethanol to pump gas, since the introduction of the NEW material used in ALL our X-10s, there has NOT been a single failure reported to me, despite the fact that 99% of them will be constantly subjected to some percentage of alcohol based fuels. The ONLY reason we no longer offer the warrantee on the fuel Pulsoids (X-10s), is because we have NO control and no insight into what further changes the petro chemical companies might make in future, so it's only prudent not to leave ourselves open to the costly consequences of any future changes they MIGHT make.

While comparing progressive controllers it is correct to point out that at least most other brands are failing on a daily basis but there are more advantages to WON controllers over ALL other brands than just that.
1) The Max Extreme X2 has MANY more advanced & beneficial features, than any other controller on the market.
One very important example that the current market leader is limited by, is the lack of choice of frequency settings, being limited to a choice of either 25 or 40 Hz. Now 25 Hz is a respectable frequency but not all US generic solenoids will be able to respond even to that low setting, so why they also chose a frequency of 40 Hz is ludicrous, unless they were expecting to have them used with WON Pulsoids.
It is almost ESSENTIAL that a controller has a FULLY ADJUSTABLE range from as low as 15 to 50 Hz and ONLY the WON Max offers that.
Likewise ONLY the Max offers Dynamic Frequency Control, which LINKS the frequency selected to the percentage selected and has them both change synchronously, as the power level changes. In contrast ALL other controllers use a SET frequency that applies at ALL power levels.
Furthermore, the guys who are behind the design of the other controllers don't have a wide enough range of knowledge to even conceive the features that the Max offers.
Not only does the Max have a greater range of more suitable and beneficial features but it also benefits from my knowledge of how to put those features to best use, so even if such feature 'concepts' were available in another unit, they would not function as well as they do in the Max.

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:18 am 
Wizard

I'll get to work on the corrections ASAP. I may simply 'jump cut' to reading the information straight from the post because it will be much easier and thorough to pass it to the viewers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 am 
Site Admin

8)

Trev (The WIZARD of NOS)